Major Storm Damage at USO

PhotoDave219

OK, WESH said there was no tornado. Just wind. I sat here watching it. They zoomed in close enough that my very street was on their map, so I paid attention. :)

But they specifically said it blew over and just windy, some hail, no tornado.

Lake Louisa Park was the only place they mentioned "may have" had a touch down.

I hope everyone is oaky!!

Close enough.

Other things of note.

A wind gust of 86 miles an hour was reported at Orlando international at 2:40 in the afternoon.

A 737 private jet was a blown into the side of a hanger at Orlando international Airport

bethymouse

There needs to be some sort of dislike button.:(
Here we usually get quite a lot of what they call "straight line winds" rather than tornadoes. ( WV Eastern Panhandle).
I am surprised those folks in the pictures were not directed to a safer area.:eek: But, when we were in MK during a tornado "warning", we just sat under the veranda of the Dole Whip restaurant. Most people left, but we just took "shelter" until the storm blew over. The CM told us if there was a tornado spotted, they would direct us to a safer area ( quite possibly in the "basement" area).
I hope everyone is ok and that there was minimal damage. Wow! This weather is unbelievable!:eek:
God bless everyone in the hardest hit areas.:(

Dasnowz

from what I have been told there is significant tree damage along the 528 corridor. I am at home but have friends who were driving it. They thought it as a tornado. The wind were howling, tree branches flying sideways, and people stopped all over. As he drove along he reports there were uprooted trees all over. Also saw some lightening strikes out here. no word on fires yet.

I just got word ferries are coming back up.

I can say that out by the ocean( let's say Ron Jon area) its still pouring rain and super windy.

PhotoDave219

I just got the property from the south side. I do not see any damage yet.

Interstate four, however, you need to avoid ridiculously. It is a parking lot stretching from US 27 (exit 55) all the way past the world Drive exit (62) and assuming it goes all the way to the other side. Avoid I four westbound at all costs right now.

(I am dictating this post as I drive into property.)

I got minor branch and limit debris in the vicinity of the studios on Buenavista Drive (eastbound) Nothing significant.

(More in a min)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

Interstate four, however, you need to avoid ridiculously. It is a parking lot stretching from US 27 (exit 55) all the way past the world Drive exit (62) and assuming it goes all the way to the other side. Avoid I four westbound at all costs right now.

(I am dictating this post as I drive into property.)Stay safe.

I got minor branch and limit debris in the vicinity of the studios on Buenavista Drive (eastbound) Nothing significant.

(More in a min)

Genie of the Lamp

(I am dictating this post as I drive into property.)

(More in a min)

Thanks for the updates. But no blogging while driving please.:)

Tip Top Club

It just swept in like crazy! One minute it was relatively clear and the next you couldn't see two feet in front of your own face! No major damage to the Diseny parks I think, but it was a doozy that's for sure!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom