Major reorganization of the manager structure at the parks coming soon

JDL30

Looks like this has started to happen. Rostr+ is full of changes...

The biggerst change I've seen so far is the departure of Jack Feivou (the guy who changed EPCOT entertainment as we know it).

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainme...cle_4a6bae0a-0baf-5e2b-8a71-8a5df165e624.html

I made notes of all GM positions last week so i can compare.

"Feivou comes from the Walt Disney Co., where he was the general manager of the entertainment operations at Epcot, Downtown Disney, and the water parks at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla."

So apart from cutting entertainment and adding lumberjacks - what else exactly did he do?!

asianway

"Feivou comes from the Walt Disney Co., where he was the general manager of the entertainment operations at Epcot, Downtown Disney, and the water parks at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla."

So apart from cutting entertainment and adding lumberjacks - what else exactly did he do?!
If he's the guy who added the Lumberjacks he shouldn't work in themed entertainment again anywhere. Good riddance, where's my black wreath?

Beholder

Knowing next to nothing about business, wouldn't this (theoretically) create more accountability? If each "land" or resort has but one manager, it seems like it would be much easier to find problem areas, break down specific data streams and track metrics? And, of course, easier to assign blame.
Like I said, I have no clue about running a business and I probably just demonstrated my ignorance on the subject, but I thought it something to consider.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Collected bonuses for cutting entertainment....

AEfx

Can someone explain why this would be considered a good idea? Doesn't make much sense to me.

If done properly, and most importantly with the right folks in the positions - it actually could work out very well.

Having someone in charge of an overall area like that, in charge of their slice of the "bigger picture", could provide a much more even experience in a lot of ways.

Reading this, it sounds like it's similar to why we have state government. If the park is the "country", the land is the "state", and each venue (store, attraction, restaurant) is a "town". In this case, instead of people being in charge of multiple "towns" of the same types (merch, etc.) across "states" (various lands), there would be a "governor" at the "state" level in charge of all the various "towns" in their local domain. It just makes a lot more sense and could end up a lot more balanced.

Again, though, that's entirely based upon who actually gets those roles, and how much power they actually end up having.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom