Major reorganization of the manager structure at the parks coming soon

John

@articos wasn't it sort of like this years ago ( maybe 15-20?) just not in an official capacity? Seems that every resort had a GM. Not sure about the parks/lands. Maybe the managers were just more proactive.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I like it...people can focus on smaller areas rather than overlook them. Also it's a little bit of competition as well to be sure your area etc is as good as or better than the next ...in theory anyway

natatomic

My last trip I saw people working Dinosaur wearing Chester & Hester uniforms.
That's common in DAK and MK. In MK, it's usually due to the fact that most costumes are all similarly themed within the lands themselves. It's very common to see Thunder/Splash costumes being worn at the opposite attraction. However, in cases where there is less similarity (i.e. Jungle Cruise and Pirates), I doubt they allow them to wear the wrong costume even if they need to spread out the staffing. It's like that in Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Even within the lands, they will send you to costuming before sending you to another attraction to work 1) because costuming is so accessible in those parks and 2) the ToT costume would definitely not work at RnR, for example.
As for DAK, costuming is about 2 miles away. And just with walking out to your car from the park (or - shudder - take the cast bus!), you're looking at nearly an hour just for a costume change. That's why you'll all the time see Kali, Everest, and Wilderness Express costumed CMs working at one of those attractions, even if they're wearing the wrong costume at the wrong attraction.

articos

@articos wasn't it sort of like this years ago ( maybe 15-20?) just not in an official capacity? Seems that every resort had a GM. Not sure about the parks/lands. Maybe the managers were just more proactive.
Yes. Back in the day, before there were so many resorts, yes, every resort had a manager responsible for their property. And for the parks, the management structure was much simpler then, allowing managers to have more control over their specific areas. It was also more common for management to be brought up through the ranks, and to be trained much better than they are now. They knew their areas and were constantly out in the parks. George was one of those who came up through that management structure.

asianway

Yes. Back in the day, before there were so many resorts, yes, every resort had a manager responsible for their property. And for the parks, the management structure was much simpler then, allowing managers to have more control over their specific areas. It was also more common for management to be brought up through the ranks, and to be trained much better than they are now. They knew their areas and were constantly out in the parks. George was one of those who came up through that management structure.
Yes but the decision to pair off every resort was rather recent, under 10 years. It all started with Dixie. Then you ended up with absurd combos like Contemporary/Coronado.

peter11435

Yes but the decision to pair off every resort was rather recent, under 10 years. It all started with Dixie. Then you ended up with absurd combos like Contemporary/Coronado.
Contemporary and Coronado have never been paired.

Yacht/Beach
Poly/Grand
Old Key West/Saratoga
Caribbean/Pop
Pop/Art
Sports/Music/Movies

matt9112

That's common in DAK and MK. In MK, it's usually due to the fact that most costumes are all similarly themed within the lands themselves. It's very common to see Thunder/Splash costumes being worn at the opposite attraction. However, in cases where there is less similarity (i.e. Jungle Cruise and Pirates), I doubt they allow them to wear the wrong costume even if they need to spread out the staffing. It's like that in Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Even within the lands, they will send you to costuming before sending you to another attraction to work 1) because costuming is so accessible in those parks and 2) the ToT costume would definitely not work at RnR, for example.
As for DAK, costuming is about 2 miles away. And just with walking out to your car from the park (or - shudder - take the cast bus!), you're looking at nearly an hour just for a costume change. That's why you'll all the time see Kali, Everest, and Wilderness Express costumed CMs working at one of those attractions, even if they're wearing the wrong costume at the wrong attraction.

Random question. Wouldn't it make sense to have costuming on site?

Goofyernmost

How can one person control multiple resorts effectively?
Minions?
th

CaptainShortty

Coronado and Contemporary aren't a paired resort. They only time is was paired I believe was during a management shuffle a few years ago and it wasn't for very long. The pairings (from a GM level) were:

Poly/Grand
Fort/WL
FQ/Riverside
All of DAKL (Jambo & Kidani)
All 3 All-Stars
Pop/DAAR
SS/OKW

I think I got them all...

peter11435

Coronado and Contemporary aren't a paired resort. They only time is was paired I believe was during a management shuffle a few years ago and it wasn't for very long. The pairings (from a GM level) were:

Poly/Grand
Fort/WL
FQ/Riverside
All 3 All-Stars
Pop/DAAR
SS/OKW

This is correct.

asianway

Poly/Grand
Fort/WL
FQ/Riverside
All 3 All-Stars
Pop/DAAR
SS/OKW

That's what I said it wasn't for very long...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom