Major refurbishment of the Flying Fish Cafe beginning in February 2016

Kate Alan

It's funny how many people criticize the new menu before they've tasted anything on it.

I'm happy to taste new offerings on the menu...however, from both a nostalgia standpoint (this is the last dining establishment that I went to with my father at WDW before he passed away suddenly later that year) and from a food standpoint (because the snapper is just that freaking good...I had brought die-hard seafood avoiders to that place who cleaned their plates when ordering that dish), it is disappointing to me, especially since they had originally stated in the refurbishment announcement that the snapper would be staying on the menu.

I won't pass judgement on the new dishes until I've had a chance to sample them, but I lament the apparent discontinuation of a dish that was superb.

Tony the Tigger

I'm happy to taste new offerings on the menu...however, from both a nostalgia standpoint (this is the last dining establishment that I went to with my father at WDW before he passed away suddenly later that year) and from a food standpoint (because the snapper is just that freaking good...I had brought die-hard seafood avoiders to that place who cleaned their plates when ordering that dish), it is disappointing to me, especially since they had originally stated in the refurbishment announcement that the snapper would be staying on the menu.

I won't pass judgement on the new dishes until I've had a chance to sample them, but I lament the apparent discontinuation of a dish that was superb.

bingo!

llrain

we all have our opinion and I think the majority of us Fish veterns would agree, the previous menu (though no one has tried the new yet) appears to be better than this crap. and was techniques beyond 99% of other dining experiences on property. Big Tim had a great passion for his creations, and now that he is gone we get the run of the mill dishes...seems that 90% are boring shrimp dishes.
The old menu had variety and excellent combo dishes with a freaking awesome dessert menu to boot and well balanced app menu that provided everything from soups, salads, seafood and even many other proteins, now we get to choose like 3 apps. No variety at all what so ever on this new menu. After eating here a dozen times a year for the past 8 years now its sad that I wont be returning probably. Guess its time to find another, If olnly I can hunt down Chef Tim wherever he has gone to
Finally a menu with some modern techniques and originality! Thank you disney for starting to bring the food back to high standards

Sans Souci

we all have our opinion and I think the majority of us Fish veterns would agree, the previous menu (though no one has tried the new yet) appears to be better than this crap. and was techniques beyond 99% of other dining experiences on property. Big Tim had a great passion for his creations, and now that he is gone we get the run of the mill dishes...seems that 90% are boring shrimp dishes.
The old menu had variety and excellent combo dishes with a freaking awesome dessert menu to boot and well balanced app menu that provided everything from soups, salads, seafood and even many other proteins, now we get to choose like 3 apps. No variety at all what so ever on this new menu. After eating here a dozen times a year for the past 8 years now its sad that I wont be returning probably. Guess its time to find another, If olnly I can hunt down Chef Tim wherever he has gone to

That's another thing I noticed, the appetizers. They used to have a cheese board--where did that go? Did they ditch the cheese board at the Signatures?

Tommye1078

Your right. To each there own. I feel this menu is more exciting than the old. I'm a touch biased, I'm a chef and like things that are a little different.

Tony the Tigger

I can't say it looks terrible, I'm just going to miss certain things that are gone. But I'm sure the new chef wanted to put his own spin on things even though he's been working there awhile. The portions look smaller, but that may just be everybody on these boards in my head telling me the portions are getting smaller all over WDW. I'm going to give it a fair shot, I love that restaurant.

Bocabear

Wow the interior looks like a toned down version of Blue Zoo... same bubble type chandeliers, but much more plain ...it's nice, but hardly dramatic or interesting. What a shame... given the theming of the Boardwalk and the bar next door they could have done so much more with it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom