Major new Tomorrowland E-Ticket!

bgraham34

Nothing against the Incredibles.... but if they add an incredibles ride to TL, they might as well change the name of "Tomorrowland" to "Pixarland." 3 Pixar based attractions in one themed land seems just a little excessive IMO.

I am a huge fan of Pixar but I can kinda agree with you here. Just bring Tomorrow attractions today. MIssion Space would have worked in Tomorrowland.

Peterwhite171

Get over the Pixar argument. Disney is Pixar, Pixar is Disney. Who cares!? All we want is great attractions and Tomorrowland is dire need of some attention.

Stitch and Monsters are failures. They are good, but they are not what I have come to expect from WDI.

MiklCraw4d

Just another DVC kiosk going in, although it will be the grandest of all the kiosks to this point. They may even call it the "Flagship" of all DVC kiosks.

But it's Disney's best kept secret!!!

Edit: Crud, seems like three other people already made this joke. Oh well. I'll just add that it doesn't matter if it's Pixar or not, but what do The Incredibles have to do with Tomorrowland? I've been saying this about the rumored "Incredipods" at DL and the Monsters Inc attraction as well. I don't care if it's Pixar or not, but how does it fit the theme of Tomorrowland?

WaltsApprentice

Get over the Pixar argument. Disney is Pixar, Pixar is Disney. Who cares!? All we want is great attractions and Tomorrowland is dire need of some attention.

Stitch and Monsters are failures. They are good, but they are not what I have come to expect from WDI.

Totally agree... both of those had great possiblities but they screwed up on sitich's plot. Monsters at least they are slowly changing it I don't mind it... its a bit corny... but what I do mind is when they rush an attraction to finish making big hipe about it and then guest get in and ask the question "what did you do?" Unlike Haunted mansion and Pirates you go in and you can tell the difference and how better. But when I went into sitch, my first comment was... they used alot of paint, videos and a new AA... what has changed?... But that is a whole nother discussion that I just wont get into...But I am interested to see if Monsters is a bit better since I saw it last April when it opened.:veryconfu

hollywood<3

I hope they do end using the Galaxy Palace for something useful in the future. It's pretty much only used for the hard-ticket special events. The only time I've seen it used recently during normal hours was for a Treasure Planet mng 3 years ago.
As to yet another Pixar attraction in Tomorrowland, I offer an optimistic perspective: "Atleast it's not High School Musical.":hammer:

wickedfan07

Nothing against the Incredibles.... but if they add an incredibles ride to TL, they might as well change the name of "Tomorrowland" to "Pixarland." 3 Pixar based attractions in one themed land seems just a little excessive IMO.

It would be excessive, especially since "Pixarland" opens next summer in the form of Pixar Place at DHS. All of the Pixar attractions should go there, in a land named for them in a park where it makes more sense. Pixar has created some excellent movies, but that doesn't mewan they should all go into Tomorrowland.

Figment571

I do want to point out that the Incredipods mentioned earlier is actually a rather futuristic idea that actually has been tossed around for public use in Australia or some place like that. It is an idea very similar were a family could get into a pod from there house and it would take them to their destination through a series of tracks and rails.
If they do implement this idea though I would just want it to distance its self from the movie. Keep movie references in the park to a minimum, except for Fantasyland of course.

magickingdom55

I do think pixar is kind of taking over tomorrowland I've even heard a rumor that WDI is going to make it more of a scfi fantasyland.
anyway the GPT sould because nothing show there ant theres tons of space behind it.

the-reason14

But honestly, whats the point of putting more pixar related rides in TL when they probably wont fit the theme, when they have a pixar place going into MGM. It seems stupid to me, even if its part of disney or not, it seems like the whole "theme" thing is being abandoned.

WDWFigment

I won't bother reiterating the theming problem (and overuse of Pixar in Tomorrowland). I'm just wondering if WDW would really do this with DHS and AK still in need of attractions to make them 'full day parks'? It seems like MK would be fourth priority right now...

It has already been stated that no more Pixar related attractions will be built outside of the Pixar Place gates. I do think some new E-ticket will take up residence in Tomorrowland someday.

JLW11Hi

It has already been stated that no more Pixar related attractions will be built outside of the Pixar Place gates. I do think some new E-ticket will take up residence in Tomorrowland someday.

So the only Pixar themed attractions we will see from now on will be at MGM? That sounds like a great idea to me. Perfect trade off IMO. MGM needs a huge boost, and it seems like Imagineering is on a Pixar kick right now.

As for Tomorrowland, Disney made a mess there and has some cleaning up to do. The place needs an overhaul. There's no coherent theme, and most of the rides there are now, at the most, "ok". Buzz Lightyear is an "ok" attraction. The Stitch animatonic looks pretty good. MI:LFCC is decent. COP is a classic for the Disneyphiles. The Speedway keeps kids entertained. Notice the pattern? None to big on the "wow" factor anymore.

Even though MK has the best attendance of all the parks, there has to be a point at which you begin catering to the wrong mindset and you start draining the value of the image people have of the place, concidering what MK could be. I mean, you can stick meet and greets in every nook and cranny of the park and plop down unimpressive rides with famous characters slapped on to keep the kids entertained. But I think Disney is getting way to excessive with this at MK. What happened to entertaining the whole family?

EDIT: Though I do give props for Philharmagic and the Haunted Mansion update. I'd like to see some of this TLC elsewhere in the park.

DisKid

And I think it's almost certain that there will be very good speculation about a Wall-E attraction if it does as well as every other pixar film...especially since it seems to be the most space-themed show of all of pixar's films.

Dragonrider1227

ya and we all travel by bubbles and tubes!

Now THERE'S A RIDE!!

Everyone keeps on saying that about Pixar. We own pixar... get over it...plus There has not been one good disney film that have reached box office records as big as pixar has done. Yes, chicken little and Meet the robinsons did pretty good. But right now as for movies pixar is kicking butt. Yes I would Love to see for once an oringal ride like Everest, SM, and the former Alien encounter that has no tie ins with a Disney movie. I do like that they brought mickey back to the park with Philar. But as long as the storyline, the theming, and the actual ride turns out good then I don't mind it... But yes I prefer to see orginal rides because its like seeing a new disney story. And Like I said in another post... I see tomorrowland as a sci fi convention now... its not suppose to be showing you inventions of tomorrow like EPCOT. Its the tomorrow that will never be...
I hear ya. It's not Pixar's fault they're the only ones making movies worth turning into attractions and I don't care WHAT the anti-Pixar, Disney purists say, Pixar IS Disney. Buzz, The Incredibles, and Lightning Mcqueen are every bit of Disney as Mickey, Snow White, and Peter Pan.
(Mind you, I think an Incredible ride would fit Disney Studios better than Tomorrowland

hcswingfield

Everyone keeps on saying that about Pixar. We own pixar... get over it...plus There has not been one good disney film that have reached box office records as big as pixar has done. Yes, chicken little and Meet the robinsons did pretty good. But right now as for movies pixar is kicking butt. Yes I would Love to see for once an oringal ride like Everest, SM, and the former Alien encounter that has no tie ins with a Disney movie. I do like that they brought mickey back to the park with Philar. But as long as the storyline, the theming, and the actual ride turns out good then I don't mind it... But yes I prefer to see orginal rides because its like seeing a new disney story. And Like I said in another post... I see tomorrowland as a sci fi convention now... its not suppose to be showing you inventions of tomorrow like EPCOT. Its the tomorrow that will never be...

Well said!

NewfieFan

I'm probably going to open up a can of worms here but what exactly is the theme of Tomorrowland? Do we even know anymore? How can we say a ride doesn't fit when we can't figure out what the theme is there!?!

And for the record, I'm ok with a Pixar themed ride going anywhere they want to put it as long as it's GOOD! Beggars can't be choosers, right!?!

Dragonrider1227

I feel that the theme of Tomorrowland now is the Sci-Fi future you see in Issac Asimov books or Star Trek, or the space fantasy like world of Star Wars since we now have Epcot which is supposed to be the serious look into the future. If Tomorrowland was kept that way, it would seem rather redundant.
And NewfieFan, I totally agree with you. It doesn't have to be a perfect fit as long as it makes a little sense nor does it have to always be the next POTC as long as it's enjoyable.

echoscot

Yep...they made that decision back in the mid 90s when they realized it was tough or next to impossible to keep up with "tomorrow" and moved towards a sci-fi feel. EPCOT has the better format for "future" or "tomorrow" type stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom