Major DTD update

Tim_4

Original Poster
Very sorry if this has already been posted but I've lost all stamina to keep up with the reading around here so I'll try to limit my posting to when I have new, legitimate news/rumors. Today it's two pieces of info about DTD.

I've been told that the DTD expansion will include, at the very least, a parking structure and a new on/off ramp directly to/from I-4. The expansion will include various efforts to make DTD the "go-to" entertainment venue for locals.

The budget is estimated to be somewhere in the "New Fantasyland" range.

WDW1974

Interesting, Tim.

Yet still more of the same. This has been going around for quite a while. The parking structure isn't a surprise as parking can be a nightmare unless you want to park behind Cirque and walk due to the way the DD area has grown since its 'humble' start.

But I'm also sure that any I-4 work will wind up on the taxpayers and not TWDC.

I'll again believe something is happening here when I see it. But thanks for the update.

Tim_4

Original Poster
But I'm also sure that any I-4 work will wind up on the taxpayers and not TWDC.
Interesting fact on that... Disney currently pays a big chunk of change to the state of Florida to maintain I-4 due to the wear and tear caused by Disney guests. The program is called "I-4 Fair Share." I don't have any direct knowledge of how this will relate to the new construction, but the assumption that Disney doesn't help foot the bill for the roadways is incorrect.

alissafalco

I also find it hard to believe that a parking garage and a ramp would cost as much as the new FLE. Also, as 74 stated any highway work falls onto the tax payers.

Tim_4

Original Poster
I also find it hard to believe that a parking garage and a ramp would cost as much as the new FLE. Also, as 74 stated any highway work falls onto the tax payers.
Those were two unrelated points. 1) The project is about the size of Fantasyland in scope, TOTAL. 2) A PIECE of that total is the ramp and the garage. Also, please note that the "ramp" wouldn't be simply a "ramp." It would be a major reconfiguration of the roadways in that area.

Again, please read previous comments about roadway maintenance.

alissafalco

Those were two unrelated points. 1) The project is about the size of Fantasyland in scope, TOTAL. 2) A PIECE of that total is the ramp and the garage. Also, please note that the "ramp" wouldn't be simply a "ramp." It would be a major reconfiguration of the roadways in that area.

Again, please read previous comments about roadway maintenance.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Tim_4

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom