MAJOR changes coming to the Electrical Parade!

KentB3

Original Poster
Disney's Electrical Parade will undergo some changes when it returns later this year at California Adventure. For instance:

-- The Blue Fairy will be replaced by an entirely new unit with Tinker Bell and her Pixie Hollow friends (which has been mentioned earlier).

-- Dumbo will be no more, as ALL units will be dropped from the parade.

-- A brand new Snow White float, with Snow White and her Dwarfs (who currently are walk-arounds).

-- Last but not least, the classic theme music, Baroque Hoedown, will be replaced by variation of the theme song from Tokyo Disneyland's Dreamlights. Here is a YouTube link, in case you're not familiar with this music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNPNyGKJug0

More about these changes to the Electrical Parade can be found at this link:

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2009/02/blue-sky-buzz-electrifiying-changes.html

kap91

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I don't care what they do to the floats but if what you said is true about the music then I'm sure I'm not the only one that's going to be seriously upset. The current music is what makes the parade, the parade. I mean, replacing some floats, that's not great but its alright I guess. But by changing the music you're changing the identity of the parade. It might as well not be called ELP cause it won't be anymore. Don't believe me? The last three parades we've had here at the world have all had different names and the same floats. The only thing that has changed between three are the soundtracks and some choreography. Music is what makes a certain parade that parade and I will be very sorry to see a classic mutilated by a new soundtrack (regardless of how good the replacement music may or may not be).

maelstrom

I'll be sad to see the Blue Fairy go. Not that I've seen the MSEP in a long time, but.

The music for Dreamlights is just a rehashed version of Baroque Hoedown, and so is the MSEP's music. The original Perrey/Kingsley Baroque Hoedown is different and less whimsical in my opinion.

etwtec

Shame Disney can not just create a new parade instead of, once again, taking another parades music and making over used floats, specially of a classic parade.
The Tinkerbell unit leading the parade and replacing the Blue Fairy is ridiculous and I think is going to look really stupid. The concept art looks nice but not as a opening float for EP. Even TDLs Dreamlights still has the Blue Fairy, updated of course, So why can't they just update our Blue Fairy and send the Tink unit somewhere else in the parade? Now SpectroMagic I could see this Tinkerbell unit in easily but EP I just do not think so. I think they picked the wrong parade to add tinkerbell to lol.

csm

Disney's Electrical Parade will undergo some changes when it returns later this year at California Adventure. For instance:

-- The Blue Fairy will be replaced by an entirely new unit with Tinker Bell and her Pixie Hollow friends (which has been mentioned earlier).

-- Dumbo will be no more, as ALL units will be dropped from the parade.

-- A brand new Snow White float, with Snow White and her Dwarfs (who currently are walk-arounds).

-- Last but not least, the classic theme music, Baroque Hoedown, will be replaced by variation of the theme song from Tokyo Disneyland's Dreamlights. Here is a YouTube link, in case you're not familiar with this music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNPNyGKJug0

More about these changes to the Electrical Parade can be found at this link:

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2009/02/blue-sky-buzz-electrifiying-changes.html

You know, I'll be the first to admit that I'm really not a huge fan of the Main Street Electrial Parade in general, but even I have to say that removing the Blue Fairy seems somewhat sacreligious. It's almost as if they haven't done enough to tick off the rabid die-hard AP'ers out in CA and they have to get one more smack in.

Musically though, I like the Dreamlights score much more and THAT is a change I could happily live with. And for what it's worth, even Dreamlights, an entirely new parade that is not just a rehash of the original MSEP in Tokyo, starts with a Blue Fairy float. It's new and all perdy, but it's still maintained the significance of her starting the parade.

mharrington

I thought that the new version would get some of Disneyland Paris' parade's scenes, most notably the Snow White and Pinocchio scenes.

But I wonder what they will do! I just hope they include a new Elliot float; Elliot the dragon from "Pete's Dragon" has become almost synonymous with the parade.

mharrington

I'd be happy if they upgrade it then swap spectromagic from wdw with msep. It NEEDS TO COME BACK TO WDW!!!!:eek:

I think it'd be cool if they somehow made it so that the lights on the floats can change between colored and all-white, just like the finale scene of SpectroMagic.

EPCOT Explorer

Shame...The changes are subtle, but they should really keep it the same. It's a classic that doesn't need plussing...Kinda like IASW...oh wait.:lookaroun

spectrodanny

I thought that the new version would get some of Disneyland Paris' parade's scenes, most notably the Snow White and Pinocchio scenes.

But I wonder what they will do! I just hope they include a new Elliot float; Elliot the dragon from "Pete's Dragon" has become almost synonymous with the parade.

They are. the Diamond Mine & Pleasure Island sections used in Paris came from the Disneyland version. the floats will still look like they did in '96 but w/ newly added LED's

There is no parade currently running at DL because of the Main Street Repaving project.

Celebrate! A Street Party opens on March 27th, replacing the Parade of Dreams.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom