Main Street

sabian

Original Poster
To anyone who has ever sat on a bench at the hub in front of Cinderella Castle on Main Street after the magic knigdom closed or during E-Ride nights, Is that not the most peaceful, relaxing place on earth. There is nothing like sitting on a bench in front of Cinderela Castle with the fantasyland music playing in the background just soaking up the scenery. My wife and i Love it!!

maureen ashton

No haven't done that yet, but might try it this time. My sister and I like to sit in the rocking chairs on the porch at the beginning of Main Street at the end of the day and watch the families leaving the Park. The best are the small children exhausted and sleeping with their balloons and hats and stuffed animals. Everyone is tired but you can see they have had the most perfect day.

Thespis

If you wait long enough, you will witness the "Kiss Goodnight".
Just before the security guards come and ask you to leave, the castle will be washed in very bright colors and you'll hear Mickey thank you for coming and wish everyone a good night. I get misty just writing about it...
:)
I should add that although we've been fortunate enough to see it twice, we've waited before and it didn't happen. :(

Rocknrollergrl

I've never actually taken the time to sit down and look at everything. Usually we're so busy rushing around. Not that I am complaining though, that's pretty fun too!:lol:

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Thespis
If you wait long enough, you will witness the "Kiss Goodnight".
Just before the security guards come and ask you to leave, the castle will be washed in very bright colors and you'll hear Mickey thank you for coming and wish everyone a good night. I get misty just writing about it...
:)

I saw that too during my Custodial time. I remember the first night I saw it I felt like I was hit by lightning. Right before it, my tutor, Rick, came to me and said "Have you seen the farewell message? " I said no, and the he planted me in the middle of Main Street and said "Watch this". It was really great, and it actually happens a couple times per night.

Erika

I love Main Street at night. I also love sitting on the bench at the wishing well.

I posted this on another thread, but the last time we were there, as we sat watching everybody leave, the CMs were setting up for a wedding reception behind the castle. Can you imagine dancing there, with the castle lit up in the background?

tenchu

Originally posted by MKCustodial

I saw that too during my Custodial time. I remember the first night I saw it I ffelt like I was hit by lightning. Right before it, my tutor, Rick, came to me and said "Have you seen the farewell message? " I said no, and the he planted me in the middle of Main Street and said "Watch this". It was really great, and it actually happens a couple times per night.

Do they do this all the time?

MKCustodial

Originally posted by tenchu

Do they do this all the time?

I suppose so. I guess the first one is right after the last attraction (fireworks or electrical parade), when they officially hit closing time. After that, I suppose is every 10 to 15 minutes or so, since they shut down the rides but Main Street stays open a while longer.

Again, this was during my Custodial time, back in 99/2000. I don't know now, with the whole post-9/11 thing... :zipit:

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
No I have never done that but maybe next time when I am down there i will do that because it seems like a nice thing to do. I have never done that before because we spend to much time running around the park then to just sit and reflect. Thanks for the suggestion i will do it next time i am down there.

ToTBellHop

They didn't do this when I went in February...they had all the characters come on and say bye. Goofy says by like 3 times...it's great! Now I feel sad...oh...stick around till the very end of E-Ride Nights! They show Fantasy in the Sky and you have the park to yourself!

Invero

Originally posted by sabian
To anyone who has ever sat on a bench at the hub in front of Cinderella Castle on Main Street after the magic knigdom closed or during E-Ride nights, Is that not the most peaceful, relaxing place on earth. There is nothing like sitting on a bench in front of Cinderela Castle with the fantasyland music playing in the background just soaking up the scenery. My wife and i Love it!!

One of my favorite places is along the back walkway to the side of the castle... there are some inlets with benches, and you can just sit there and enjoy the view of the castle and whatnot. Not a lot of people walk by, and it's very peaceful.

Just a note to all of you that are so busy rushing around... SLOW DOWN :) You're on vacation... relax... smell the roses... sometimes taking in some of the peaceful scenery can be just as enjoyable as the attractions themselves.

raven

I have never done this. I usually go to WDW in September and the Magic Kingdom closes before it gets dark.

But, I do this at Epcot. After Illuminations, I take one last stroll around the lagoon listening to the music. No one is around because they are all rushing the opposite way. Sitting by the fountain and night in Epcot if a favorite too.

Makes me want to go to MK some other time of the year just to witness this!

tenchu

How do they ensure that everyone is out of the parks at night? I'm assuming they have the exact number of guests in at any one time, but if it doesn't tally up at the end of the night what do they do? Make an announcement? Send people looking?

MKCustodial

Re: Re: Main Street

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

Just a note to all of you that are so busy rushing around... SLOW DOWN :) You're on vacation... relax... smell the roses... sometimes taking in some of the peaceful scenery can be just as enjoyable as the attractions themselves.

I know what you mean Tyler, but for some of us it's quite impossible to slow down. With a tight schedule, and sometimes only one day to visit each park... :( I really miss those CM days when I could go and just... sit down... :p

MKCustodial

How do they ensure that everyone is out of the parks at night? I'm assuming they have the exact number of guests in at any one time, but if it doesn't tally up at the end of the night what do they do? Make an announcement? Send people looking?

Custodials and security people, but CMs in general, they kinda herd people out. :lol:

Pioneer Hall

Almost everywhere is searched, and if you are found hiding you can be prosecuted for trespassing. It really isn't worth it. And later on at night if you are in the park (a little after closing) the security hosts will probably follow you out.

At EPCOT they have to make sure everyone is out after Illuminations. They do a final "blowout" of the gas lines, which can create a large fire. This can't be done until every single guest has left the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom