Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

SpaceMountain75

image.jpg

It can't be! Disney planting a tree?!

Incomudro

It may be posted, and excuse me for not looking it up - but when is the projected date for completion on this project?
Also, is there an image of what it's supposed to look like?
The side by side compo I've seen doesn't help me much...
Thanks!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It may be posted, and excuse me for not looking it up - but when is the projected date for completion on this project?
Also, is there an image of what it's supposed to look like?
The side by side compo I've seen doesn't help me much...
Thanks!

I don't believe there has been an official completion date, but the permit for the project expires November 17th, 2015, so I would expect the work to continue well into 2015.

Here is a picture of what it will look like.

Main-Street-USA_Full_20414.jpg

Incomudro

I don't believe there has been an official completion date, but the permit for the project expires November 17th, 2015, so I would expect the work to continue well into 2015.

Thanks for the information!

November 2015?!
Jeeze, I thought for sure it would be completed before summer of 2015.
Maybe the additional time we be merely detail work.

RayTheFirefly

It could be done earlier, although I don't expect it to be done before summer.
I would suspect that the "southern" portion that they are currently working on will be done by summer, no? And the rest of the permit time will be completing the northern half of the outer ring and the towers? Or is this just wishful thinking?

Benshar

I was hoping maybe they would have it done before marathon weekend in January but I guess that is wishful thinking on my part. I haven't seen the world since January so I am looking forward to some new things I haven't seen like SDMT.

I was hoping the same thing when I first saw news of construction earlier in the year. Oh well, I don't think a little bit of construction will ruin my trip :). Will you be down for the marathon? My girlfriend and I are coming down for the Dopey Challenge, 48.6 miles never sounded so fun!

Prince Thomas

Loving this pic of what it will look like!!!! Was hoping it would be done for my March 2015 trip, but maybe ill start hoping for my August 2015 trip....Hey i can dream right?! lol

BernardandBianca

And not a single bench in sight!

Just got back from six days in Anaheim, and both DL and DCA have benches galore to relax on and people watch. I have the pictures to prove it. MK needs to get an attitude adjustment and provide someplace to sit down other than on the ground.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom