Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

matt9112

That guy laying down is clinging on for dear life. Not quite wide enough. He should consider heading back to his hotel room to lay down.

As for Mr. ImOnTheFence: I think a few well placed zappers imbedded on the top of the railing that can be individually triggered by security might work. Don't want to zap people simply holding the rail, just the ones with their rears placed on it.

i just died laughing.....

roj2323

A new photo update has been put on Orlando Theme Park News. Here's a link- http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/07/magic-kingdom-hub-update-two-new-towers.html?m=1
I've posted some photos here as well:
ALaVrda.jpg

gRjBMDi.jpg

LfVsl1x.jpg
It looks like they are resloping and possibly widening the ramps.

Otamin

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

I can personally say that the castle has had a stage since at least 1991, and I only say that specific year because 1991 was my first visit. It was there back then. I can't say how long it has been there prior to that, probably wasn't even new when I first visited.

I do recall the show back then seemed to involve some of the Disney Afternoon TV characters. I know I recall seeing the Ducktales characters and hearing the theme music.

EDIT: I think this may have been the show i'm thinking of, the date fits-

Last edited:

Sage of Time

There have been small and themed stages on Cinderella Castle since at least 1975. But you could barely notice them. 2005's stage was a behemoth. Throws off the scale and everything.

LL2WDW

There have been small and themed stages on Cinderella Castle since at least 1975. But you could barely notice them. 2005's stage was a behemoth. Throws off the scale and everything.

I wouldn't call it a "behemoth". The stage has the same footprint as it did prior to 2005. All they did was add the two spiral staircases and arches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom