Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

EdC

The lights that they're putting in place very closely resemble what was shown in the hub rendering video Disney showed. I wouldn't be surprised if everything is actually finished just like the rendering, except the trees may be 2/3rd size to allow some room for growth (lets face it, they're not going to grow much bigger in that sand).

note2001

You'd think they were building Rome (which, as we know, wasn't built in a day) considering how long this is taking.

Ah, but did Rome have a bunker? For all we know, Disney might have been installing new high security utilidors under the area all this time, worthy of the President's family if they chose to visit. Didn't see them go in? Of course not, Disney's good at hiding stuff.

And all this time we thought it was just a bunch of dirt being pushed around. ;)

** For those who may misinterpret: this post was all in fun.

Rescue Ranger

So say in 4-5 months from now, close to spring time, what can we expect this area to look like? Still a visible "mess" or the main areas above close to or completed? I would assume with that length of time, considering some lamp posts are already being added to the walkway pillars, it would have to be ready to walk through by then....???

EdC

So say in 4-5 months from now, close to spring time, what can we expect this area to look like? Still a visible "mess" or the main areas above close to or completed? I would assume with that length of time, considering some lamp posts are already being added to the walkway pillars, it would have to be ready to walk through by then....???
I believe the current location is the only place where bridges / moat work is required. Given the current pace, it'll take another 2-3 months to finish the current construction areas and then will transition to the next section closer to the castle. So the construction may be straddling the entrances to Adventureland and Tomorrowland. I'd imagine the pace for those should be about the time from a week ago till whenever the current section is complete; as the earth movement will be minimal and consist of new short walls, railings, lights and the associated greenery on top.

I'm obviously no insider, just making educated guesses based upon progress and basic construction knowledge.

FettFan

Question: what is the current status of the Main Street bypass being built between the Town Square and Tomorrowland? Seems we never hear anything about it anymore.

Will it have more shopping and counter service locations, or is it going to be just another pathway?

MissM

dstrawn9889

just the moving of the fixed kiosks from the inner ring to the outer ring; and paths, greenery and retaining walls
EDIT::: sorry that was an answer about the Hub... as for the bypass, there will just be railings greenery and walls to block views Disney does not want you to see.

“Bypasses are devices that allow some people to dash from point A to point B very fast while other people dash from point B to point A very fast. People living at point C, being a point directly in between, are often given to wonder what's so great about point A that so many people from point B are so keen to get there, and what's so great about point B that so many people from point A are so keen to get there. They often wish that people would just once and for all work out where the #377 they wanted to be.”

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

tl77

I'd think that they would want to have the whole hub project done before the 2015 summer rush, unless there is going to be another round of Frozen Summer fireworks at the Studios in 2015 to help spread out the crowds or something, but soon both Cinderella Castle and the Studios' Chinese Theater will have construction projects in front of them

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I'd think that they would want to have the whole hub project done before the 2015 summer rush, unless there is going to be another round of Frozen Summer fireworks at the Studios in 2015 to help spread out the crowds or something, but soon both Cinderella Castle and the Studios' Chinese Theater will have construction projects in front of them

And don't forget the TOL too. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom