Main Street Electrical Parade

Goofyernmost

I guess we all see things differently. I saw the Main Street Electrical Parade as upbeat and fun, especially the music. Spectromagic, on the other hand, reminded me of a funeral march with a lot of bright lights. It depressed me whenever I saw it. I know a lot of people liked it, however, I saw it twice and from that point on just did other things until it was done. When it was dumpstered, I didn't shed a tear.

TwilightZone

I guess we all see things differently. I saw the Main Street Electrical Parade as upbeat and fun, especially the music. Spectromagic, on the other hand, reminded me of a funeral march with a lot of bright lights. It depressed me whenever I saw it. I know a lot of people liked it, however, I saw it twice and from that point on just did other things until it was done. When it was dumpstered, I didn't shed a tear.
Yeah I felt spectromagic to be the most boring of the state parades, as well as the most boring of the around the world parades and not the best night parade overall. The best night parades, worldwide, IMO are the ones from japan

dreamlights
and

fantillusion

Surfin' Tuna

I know my whole family still loved the MSEP. It was a little dated, but that was possibly part of the charm. Bob Iger, however, much prefers the current nighttime parade and wants it to continue indefinitely.

winstongator

My parents weren't big on sticking around for parades because they wanted to ride rides more...yeah, not exactly cool for a girl of 5 who wants to see princesses. So, along that story, I didn't get to see my first parade until the next to last performance of MSEP.
My first and last viewing of it in person. Oh it was lovely. :cry:
I was about the same. The only full viewing I did was the day before my 40th birthday. My sister was babysitting and it was my wife and I. Glad I got there for it!

ml123_9

Personally, I've never seen a bad parade at Disney. I loved MSEP when I was a kid and as an adult. Saw Spectro a few times and loved it. I think both Celebrate a Dream and Festival of Fantasy were/are very good. The big question here should be, when is a new nighttime parade coming? MK took away an attraction and raised the ticket prices. Would love to see Paint the Night at MK someday.

LaughingGravy

MSEP music is my favorite of all the parades. It is upbeat and simple with a definitely "modern" synthesizer feel that the music from the others lack. Spectro was pretty good, but lacked the impact. MSEP was the parade running during my first visit in 1977 and I've been lucky enough to see it in DL as well as WDW as an adult. Elliot and Pete are my favorites as as well as the Salute to America at the end.
I haven't seen paint the night and I have been avoiding videos as I would rather see it in person someday as a first time.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Spectromagic was in a waltz style of music... MSEP was more upbeat techno like

both have their pros and cons.. parade and music.. and I think a lot of it also depends on what we grew up on the most

One of my fondest memories is when the MSEP music begins with the electronic introduction/announcement and then the lights shut off.

brb1006

Spectromagic was in a waltz style of music... MSEP was more upbeat techno like

both have their pros and cons.. parade and music.. and I think a lot of it also depends on what we grew up on the most

One of my fondest memories is when the MSEP music begins with the electronic introduction/announcement and then the lights shut off.
I really love the waltz styled music of Spectro since it really felt exciting as a kid.

Goofyernmost

I really love the waltz styled music of Spectro since it really felt exciting as a kid.
I think I would have been alright if they had left out the dudes with the plastic white faces. And the pace of the music, (waltz style, ok) coupled with the ghostly figures just sent me into a funk mode. I just could not enjoy it or feel good. They did have some floats that had they taken out the out of dated ones in MSEP and put the good ones from Spectro in the parade, it would have improved MSEP and not lost some of the more spectacular floats. I didn't grow up with MSEP, I never saw it until I was in my 40's, but, I never forgot the upbeat feel of the music on MSEP. I cannot even conjure up a melody from Spectro. But, as I say, that is how I reacted to it, others are certainly allowed to feel otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom