Main Street Electrical Parade

TP2000

I hestitate to say this out loud for fear that it will jinx it, but I think the thing is finally dead.

Thank God! That thing was a sad, creaking relic, and incredibly hokey to boot.

I just watched Paint The Night with my college aged neices and nephews at DCA a few weeks ago. They were dancing and singing and Instagramming through the whole parade along with the rest of the crowd around us; which is a mass-cultural scene I never once saw with the MSEP once the initial nostalgic opening applause died down.

brb1006

Some of it is stored, some has already been stripped down to chassis and repurposed as @asianway mentioned above. I hestitate to say this out loud for fear that it will jinx it, but I think the thing is finally dead.
You know the parade is showing it's age once one of the Pinocchio floats went missing due to that float getting damaged during it's return to Disneyland.

brb1006

No, that's Paint the Night. ;)

Standard Disney parade storage strategy - Stored outside in Florida under a tarp.

Too soon?
R.I.P Spectromagic
LATE121212.jpg

The best electrical parade Disney has every created.

erasure fan1

R.I.P Spectromagic
LATE121212.jpg

The best electrical parade Disney has every created.
My wifes all time favorite parade hands down.

Myself, I couldn't care less about parades once I've seen them a couple times. There is something about the mainstreet electrical parade music that gets me. Hearing that music while on splash mountain or walkingaround the park, just always brought me back to a simpler time.

brb1006

My wifes all time favorite parade hands down.

Myself, I couldn't care less about parades once I've seen them a couple times. There is something about the mainstreet electrical parade music that gets me. Hearing that music while on splash mountain or walkingaround the park, just always brought me back to a simpler time.
That's nothing compared to Spectromagic's beautifully orchestrated soundtrack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom