Main Street Electrical Parade Cancelled Dec 5, 2012?

DisneySaint

Original Poster
I apologize if it's already been posted; I did a search here and on Google and didn't find anything.
For months now I've had the MEP listed as being on the night of Wednesday December 5th, as the parade runs basically every Wednesday in December. In fact, WDWMagic still has it listed as running that day. However, the MEP has somehow vanished off the official site. The other unofficial sites are a mixed bag with some still having it and some not. Does anyone have any confirmation on this and know why a change was made?

DS

DisneySaint

Original Poster
CM friend reporting that The Hub (CM website) does not have it that night. :-( Won't be running my whole Dec 4-8 trip and it was literally the top thing I was looking forward to my 3 y/o seeing. We've watched the Youtube video dozens of times since July.

DisneySaint

Original Poster
The park still closes at the same time, though, and I can't fathom MEP creates drastically longer park clears. This was listed on there as of 2-3 weeks ago and I just don't feel it's right for them to just pull it out from under folks who planned to be there that week.

Bolt

It is for the Press Event - and if you can think back to CarsLand opening how big of a show and spectacle that was, it's surprising only one night is effected.

mm52200

I mean even if the park closes at 7 that wouldn't stop them running it at 6:30, it's already dark then, I mean that's when Fantasmic starts during this time of year so I don't see why they couldn't do the same for MSEP atleast on this date.

rle4lunch

So, I'm in the park that whole week, is it still running on the 3rd like it was being advertised a week ago?

Nevermind, it's still showing up at 7pm on the 3rd. That was the time we had blocked off to see it anyway.

phew!

3feethigher

I mean even if the park closes at 7 that wouldn't stop them running it at 6:30, it's already dark then, I mean that's when Fantasmic starts during this time of year so I don't see why they couldn't do the same for MSEP atleast on this date.
you have to look at the overall time table of the day... both whats going on and off stage. its rushed backstage when there is a 7:00 DEP, there's NO way you could do a 6:30

CommyHolly

Huh,,,,,I thought the MEP was cancelled many nights in December due to Mickey's Magical Christmas Party??

They have a special Christmas parade those nights, but you have to buy a separate ticket for that event.

NewfieFan

Huh,,,,,I thought the MEP was cancelled many nights in December due to Mickey's Magical Christmas Party??

They have a special Christmas parade those nights, but you have to buy a separate ticket for that event.

Yes, there is no MSEP on party nights but what is being discussed here is different. There was a scheduled MSEP which is now canceled due to a press event for the Grand Opening of New Fantasyland (which is on Dec. 6th).

Folks know about MVMCP in advance and what nights it is on, this change was a little last minute for guests visiting during this time.

Nemo14

Considering how far in advance people need to plan their ADR's and what not, this really is poor show on Disney's part.

CommyHolly

Yes, there is no MSEP on party nights but what is being discussed here is different. There was a scheduled MSEP which is now canceled due to a press event for the Grand Opening of New Fantasyland (which is on Dec. 6th).

Folks know about MVMCP in advance and what nights it is on, this change was a little last minute for guests visiting during this time.

ah, ok,,,,,,,,sorry :) Now I understand :) that does suck :(

tecowdw

Ya - the press events can sure cheapen a day guest's admission price!
Oh well - the marketing arm of The Walt Disney Company is a juggernaut that won't ever be deprived!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom