MagicBand Tips for a 4 Year Old

Meghelaine88

Original Poster
We'll be going to WDW in Oct. and this trip will be our daughter's first time needing and wearing her own MagicBand. The only issue is she hates wearing bracelets and things like that. She's constantly pulling at them and asking when she can take them off. Is there any tips/tricks you have used with your little ones to make sure they stay on and don't get lost? We're afraid she's going to mess with it without us knowing and lose it somewhere. We talked about letting her wear it around the house before we go on our trip to try to get her used to it. And really explaining over and over how important it is and why she needs it.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you!

ToInfinity

On one of our previous trips, we discovered that many of the retail stores on property sell key chains that you can insert the middle part of the magic band into. We don’t have any kids, but were thinking that those would be a great idea for young kids. You could just clip the key chain onto a stroller, parent’s bag or wallet, etc. and have it safe and ready to go. Just an idea! I have also seen parents just wear both their own magic band and their child’s band in the parks frequently.

Janir

Duct tape. Fixes everything I'm telling ya! Tape that sucker on to her arm! :p

Get some of the MB charms and have her pick a few out so she starts looking at it as an accessory to wear vs a burden?

Andrew M

I usually end up just carrying my kid's MBs in my pocket. My 5 & 4yr olds keep taking them off/not paying attention when they fall off. Using the keychain or a lanyard for yourself might be a good alternative too.

DisneyGigi

With our step grandson- we let him wear it in to scan but then clipped it to a bag that one of us wore- he would not keep it on. We could easily access it for fastpass that way without worrying he took it off and lost it.

Meghelaine88

Original Poster
Thank you all for the advice! I don't know why I didn't even think of wearing it for her, and I didn't know you could buy keychains for them. We might let her pick one out ahead of time and then if we can't get her used to wearing it just put it in the puck.

Thank you!

Raegansmommy

Keep it in the backpack and only get it out when you need it. The only thing you need it for are to get in the park and the few fast passes each day.

bsiev1977

We'll be going to WDW in Oct. and this trip will be our daughter's first time needing and wearing her own MagicBand. The only issue is she hates wearing bracelets and things like that. She's constantly pulling at them and asking when she can take them off. Is there any tips/tricks you have used with your little ones to make sure they stay on and don't get lost? We're afraid she's going to mess with it without us knowing and lose it somewhere. We talked about letting her wear it around the house before we go on our trip to try to get her used to it. And really explaining over and over how important it is and why she needs it.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you!

If you’re still concerned about your little one losing her MB, just wear it yourself. It’ll remove a potential worry for you. My niece is autistic, and went my sister and I took her I just wore her band on the opposite arm that I wore my own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom