MagicBand+ announced

DisneyfanMA

You can use them for the regular tapping if they are linked properly. If you want them to do anything requiring batteries then you'll want to both charge the bands and pair them to your phone so they can be updated to the latest firmware.

Thanks. I am unaware of anything else the MB2 can do and definitely only care about 2 functionalities: park entry, and ride entry.

Actually, the only other thing I think they can do is purchase merchandise (+food?) , charging to room and open hotel doors? which are actually a cool feature, but we're off property. so N/A. I don't care at all about the interactive statues and treasure hunts, etc but I think you've clarified above that is MB+. I know its all confusing!

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

I'll admit: I now have three: Partners, Orange Bird, (and on its way via shipping) Epcot 40 for the designs. But frankly, other than what the regular bands do, they don't do anything. Either they light up randomly when you're not expecting them to or when you try to wave them at a statue, nothing happens.

One thing I thought was cool that I wasn't expecting was getting a heartbeat pulse on mine periodically while in the boarding area of Haunted Mansion. At first I thought it was a low battery warning, but my wife's did it, too, and it didn't happen again the rest of the night.

dreday3

One thing I thought was cool that I wasn't expecting was getting a heartbeat pulse on mine periodically while in the boarding area of Haunted Mansion. At first I thought it was a low battery warning, but my wife's did it, too, and it didn't happen again the rest of the night.

Well that just made it worth the price!

(seriously)

DCBaker

Premium Member
A few new MagicBand+ designs have appeared on ShopDisney - a couple of them were already on the discounted Magicband+ page for Resort Guests/Annual Passholders and some have also already been available in the parks. The Tiana band has also hit a new high of $59.99.

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 12.09.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 12.09.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 12.12.28 PM.png

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Does anyone feel like the MB+ falls off your wrist more than the OG bands? My old ones never fell off but I’ve had my MB+ for two days and it keeps falling off.

RememberWhen

Does anyone feel like the MB+ falls off your wrist more than the OG bands? My old ones never fell off but I’ve had my MB+ for two days and it keeps falling off.
We had that problem too. My wife and I kept dropping ours. My son lost his completely. We kept our daughter’s in a pocket.

JoeCamel

ilovetotravel1977

This is "old" magicband related.

If we not using G+ and charging stuff to our room (using WDW gift cards instead), do we really need to bother wearing one? I know we can use it for park entry, opening our room, but a regular pass card will do that too. Just trying to decide whether we need to bother wearing one everyday.

jpeden

In the Parks
No

If we not using G+ and charging stuff to our room (using WDW gift cards instead), do we really need to bother wearing one? I know we can use it for park entry, opening our room, but a regular pass card will do that too. Just trying to decide whether we need to bother wearing one everyday.

Before I bought my MB+!I kept my old magic band in my pocket and used my Apple Watch for everything except parking and charging to the room (we also use gift cards) so no, you don’t need to wear one.

Prince-1

You do not need one. You can get in the park different ways without one, purchase things without one, and get into your hotel room (if you are staying on property) without one.

RSoxNo1

Hey, remember that idea we had to synchronize Mouse Ears with the nighttime entertainment?
Yeah... It failed miserably because nobody bought them and it kind of looked dumb when less than 1% of the crowd was wearing them.
Ok... but what if we made them more expensive and smaller and on your wrist instead?

Last edited:

KeithVH

After 76 pages, I'm looking for the TL;DR version of what I'm wondering - with them utilizing some aspect(s) of NFC, can an Apple watch be sit to mimic the capabilities of an MB now? Since NFC is platform agnostic, what about Android watches?

JaxFLBear

After 76 pages, I'm looking for the TL;DR version of what I'm wondering - with them utilizing some aspect(s) of NFC, can an Apple watch be sit to mimic the capabilities of an MB now? Since NFC is platform agnostic, what about Android watches?
An Apple Watch (series 3 and newer) can replace a MagicBand for many functions, but not all. An Apple Watch can't (currently) be used to unlock any doors or gates at your Disney Resort. An Apple Watch can be used for park entry, Lightening Lane entry, room charging & manual photo linking.

NFC Android smartwatches are not (currently) supported.

correcaminos

Newer apple watches yes, older no. It's software stopping Android watches afaik, but as a whole phones can do pretty much all functions including opening the door through the MDE app. I've had issues with photos coming in using only my phone but I plan to retry again to see at some point. I do plan to have a MB+ puck with me to make sure though so that's not a big deal. I'm not a fan of wearing magic bands as a whole and tend to leave my smart watch at home and just carry a fitbit due to unsightly tan lines from large watches on a tiny wrist ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If this is the best they can say about MB+, it's not a lot...

I got one. The 50th statues' audio is mostly drowned out by background park noise. So... that's bleh.

MagicShots were always available before MB+.

Altho... it did seem some StoryMaker features were active. In Star Tours, the second screening droid had names of guests up on the monitor behind it.

I only sprung for MB+ so that I can have a rechargeable battery and never have to buy a new one again.

ilovetotravel1977

My nephew bought one and I agree about the volume for the statues, and they only said a very short blurb. He used it in Galaxy's Edge to bounty hunt. It lit up during fantasmic, etc. So glad I didn't buy one for DD, saved myself $35-$50 US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom