MagicBand+ announced

DCBaker

Premium Member
Three MagicBand+ designs have been loaded onto the discount page for APs and Resort guests.

You can find them here - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/bands-cards/

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 2.42.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 2.49.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 2.42.41 PM.png

Chip Chipperson

I wonder if that DCL band is a hint that the MB+ technology will be rolling out to the cruise ships sooner rather than later.

DisneyfanMA

Successfully linked up our magic band 2s this weekend. Made them smaller for the kids and everyone was happy to choose a color. No issues. Doesn't look like they need or even can be to be charged or anything.

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

Halloween greetings have been added to the statues in MK!
Very cute. :)

Hopefully they do different greetings seasonally.

That explains the weird 1950s sci-fi sounds that played on a couple of the statues while I was there. I'll blame lingering COVID brain fog for me not realizing that in the moment even though the whole purpose of my trip was to go to the Halloween Party.

DisneyfanMA

I got MB2 and was able to add the IDs into MDE. I'm done right? no charging or anything? I'm ready to use them day 1 to enter our first park and board rides? They show with the proper colorand ID assigned to each user in MDE app.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I was at WDW for 9 days in Sept and wasn’t impressed with the MB+. Holding a charge wasn’t an issue which was great. The reactions it emitted from statues was largely underwhelming. It also often took multiple attempts to get them to respond. It did glow well with items. Interestingly enough festival of fantasy was delayed and ultimately cancelled due to weather but my band seemed to still glow in a pattern as though the parade was going on.

JohnD

I'll admit: I now have three: Partners, Orange Bird, (and on its way via shipping) Epcot 40 for the designs. But frankly, other than what the regular bands do, they don't do anything. Either they light up randomly when you're not expecting them to or when you try to wave them at a statue, nothing happens.

JohnD

I got MB2 and was able to add the IDs into MDE. I'm done right? no charging or anything? I'm ready to use them day 1 to enter our first park and board rides? They show with the proper colorand ID assigned to each user in MDE app.

Correct. All you really need is MB2 for the functionality. MB+ is for "bells and whistles", or more accurately vibrations and lighting up for something?

JohnD

MickeyLuv'r

Got our bands!

I got the Mickey snacks one and husband got the grey one with all the Mickeys on it.

I'm honest, so I will say I had a heck of a time trying to pair them with my Android. :D
I would get it to work once, then it would disconnect and never reconnect. My husband has the same phone and he got them working with his.
So I'm deciding, well, I must need a new phone and was happily shopping for one, but my husband was messing around with my phone and the bands and now all of sudden they work. So no new phone for me. 😂

Now they are back in their box until our April trip.
Thanks for the update. I'm sorry you had the same challenge we did.

I don't think I updated to say this, but after our return we sent an email to WDW. Mind, the bands were not the main reason we sent the email. Still, someone from WDW did respond, took time to listen, and issued an exact refund. I thought it was slightly funny they didn't round it up to the nearest dollar, but CM did apologize and did issue a refund.

(I know you previously said you would not seek a refund, but I thought I should report back to be fair to WDW.)

pdude81

You can use them for the regular tapping if they are linked properly. If you want them to do anything requiring batteries then you'll want to both charge the bands and pair them to your phone so they can be updated to the latest firmware.

MickeyLuv'r

You can use them for the regular tapping if they are linked properly. If you want them to do anything requiring batteries then you'll want to both charge the bands and pair them to your phone so they can be updated to the latest firmware.
If they got MB2 bands, then I think they are all set. The MB2 bands are the ones that are not M+.

(Assuming no mix up in terminology.)

Curious, one of the top pages that came up when I searched MB2 is a link to Shop Disney page that says MB2 can be paired with Fastpass+
Too bad the Plum bands are all sold out!
https://www.shopdisney.com/disney-parks-magicband-2-plum-475175784152.html

pdude81

If they got MB2 bands, then I think they are all set. The MB2 bands are the ones that are not M+.

(Assuming no mix up in terminology.)

Curious, one of the top pages that came up when I searched MB2 is a link to Shop Disney page that says MB2 can be paired with Fastpass+
Too bad the Plum bands are all sold out!
https://www.shopdisney.com/disney-parks-magicband-2-plum-475175784152.html
Ah yes. I got lost in the acronyms. When I saw MB2 I was thinking of the new bands. I keep getting MagicBand+ locked away with MyMagic+.

Nothing special needed with MB2

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom