MagicBand+ announced

pdude81

My MDX profile sees that I'm Castaway Club, DVC, Disney Visa, and Disney+.

My WDW MagicBands work at Aulani.
Sure, but Aulani may well use the same reservation systems the other DVC hotels do.

And I am quite certain they could have some global ID table/app somewhere that would register your bands across the different systems. I just don't trust that it'll work correctly. A legacy example of this is that know that I'm staying a continuous 7 days at WDW in Nov. and I can easily do park reservations as a resort guest for those dates, yet the dining reservation system only knows about nights 1-4.

MickeyLuv'r

But I have confidence they will work just fine.
Before my visit, that's also what I thought.

I thought I would post to try to help everyone though if they have the same problems we did, especially since the CM told us WDW was aware of the problem. Maybe they won't lose as much vacation time as we did, because we thought we could get them to work.

Old WDW, was wonderful if something didn't work. We once lost a set of ears in the crowd during the parade. They fell off, and then they were just gone! A CM saw us looking around for them a moment later, and asked us why we were searching around. CM immediately offered a free replacement so we wouldn't have to lose any more time. We had a replacement in minutes. Not just a replacement, a personalized replacement!

And that is just one example of many.

It is hard for me to even fathom the low expectations people are espousing in this thread.

dreday3

Before my visit, that's also what I thought.

I thought I would post to try to help everyone though if they have the same problems we did, especially since the CM told us WDW was aware of the problem. Maybe they won't lose as much vacation time as we did, because we thought we could get them to work.

Old WDW, was wonderful if something didn't work. We once lost a set of ears in the crowd during the parade. They fell off, and then they were just gone! A CM saw us looking around for them a moment later, and asked us why we were searching around. CM immediately offered a free replacement so we wouldn't have to lose any more time. We had a replacement in minutes. Not just a replacement, a personalized replacement!

And that is just one example of many.

It is hard for me to even fathom the low expectations people are espousing in this thread.

We had incredible pixie dust and a very helpful CM on our last visit in October!

Not sure what this has to do with buying a magic band.

MickeyLuv'r

We had incredible pixie dust and a very helpful CM on our last visit in October!

Not sure what this has to do with buying a magic band.
Okay.

Since I've already explained our experience multiple times in varying degrees of detail, and you've already said you don't care if your bands work, yet are somehow certain they will work, I'm going to chock this up to cognitive dissonance.

Pixie dust is dangerous stuff. It has been known to cause an array of side effects including irregular spending and abnormal lightening of the wallet.

dreday3

Okay.

Since I've already explained our experience multiple times in varying degrees of detail, and you've already said you don't care if your bands work, yet are somehow certain they will work, I'm going to chock this up to cognitive dissonance.

Pixie dust is dangerous stuff. It has been known to cause an array of side effects including irregular spending and abnormal lightening of the wallet.

Oh. The pixie dust defense.

Your bands didn't work. You found it to be a waste of money.
I won't. It's not a big deal. People have things that bother them, other people don't. I'm sure I have stuff about WDW that annoys me that you wouldn't bat an eyelash at. :)

Statistically speaking, I have a greater chance of my bands being successful at what I'm expecting them to do rather than them being a failure.

Mireille

Premium Member
Oh. The pixie dust defense.

Your bands didn't work. You found it to be a waste of money.
I won't. It's not a big deal. People have things that bother them, other people don't. I'm sure I have stuff about WDW that annoys me that you wouldn't bat an eyelash at. :)

Statistically speaking, I have a greater chance of my bands being successful at what I'm expecting them to do rather than them being a failure.
That's what I feel. I spent an extra $10 per MB+ than I would have spent anyway on a MB2 with a neat design. If I have problems pairing or the batteries run dry, they will still do everything the MB2 does anyway. I've already paired my band to my app and updated the software so it feels like that hurdle has already been jumped. I'll have to pair my mom's when I meet her at the airport, and I don't know what kind of phone she has so I might have problems there, but I'm not worried because I don't care that much. I refuse to stress out about this vacation.

I've been to WDW about 10 times or so between 1986 and now, so I'm not a regular but I've seen it in a lot of states. From just MK and Epcot, then adding Disney/MGM, then AK, then the Studios just before TSL opened when there was almost nothing to do outside of GMR, RnRC and ToT... And yes, the cost cutting and price raising is frustrating in the way American capitalism as a whole (defined by me as profits for shareholders outweighing all considerations including customer service or quality of product) is frustrating. And I know I enable that by even going and continuing to give them my money. It offends my personal politics! Severely! But on every trip to WDW so far I get a feeling I don't get anywhere else. Yes, I'm contributing to the problem. And yes, I'm a hypocrite. But I'm not a sucker, I know what I'm paying for.

Everyone has a right to complain. I can't judge anyone else's experiences; I wasn't there, I'm not them. But I'm tired of people telling me that I should be disappointed or that I can't enjoy something that they didn't or that I should feel ripped off. I like being happy and I like enjoying what I enjoy.

WorldExplorer

Are the 50th 'Golden Statues' also interacting with MB-2 bands?
Anyone else having them activate by just walking by?

I have been at the Parks now for the past two days and on more then one occasion when I have walked by with no one else around they activated.
Was not expecting this, as my understanding was this was a feature that only worked with the new MB+

-

I've had the same thing happen and was wondering what was causing it, too (had no MagicBands on at all). There were a couple (Lumiere and Cogsworth, and the Mad Hatter) I dismissed as it catching the people nearby not actively waving but shifting their wrists around, but we were absolutely the only people even remotely close to Pinocchio and he went off multiple times while we stood there (and he had gone off before when we were alone about a month beforehand).

I'm genuinely impressed if it's catching on to people just moving their hands far enough away to not be noticable.

android user here. I have my band plus my two kids bands linked and everything works perfectly. I did have a little trouble linking them to the mdx and play app at first. I simply closed out the apps and reopened them and they worked just fine after that.
Do your kids have phones or did you pair them to our own? Will they be able to both play bounty hunters game and wave at statues at the same time? Do they need to have your phone with them? I've got 2 kids without their own MDE accounts and with MB+, while the 2 of us adults just have MB2. I'm hoping they can do all the new things still.

Pancho

Do your kids have phones or did you pair them to our own? Will they be able to both play bounty hunters game and wave at statues at the same time? Do they need to have your phone with them? I've got 2 kids without their own MDE accounts and with MB+, while the 2 of us adults just have MB2. I'm hoping they can do all the new things still.
my kids are small and do not have their own phones. the statue interaction works perfectly with their bands paired to my phone through my MDX. We haven't tried the bounty hunter game with their bands. just mine.

MickeyLuv'r

Everyone has a right to complain. I can't judge anyone else's experiences; I wasn't there, I'm not them. But I'm tired of people telling me that I should be disappointed or that I can't enjoy something that they didn't or that I should feel ripped off. I like being happy and I like enjoying what I enjoy.
Huh?

dreday3

Got our bands!

I got the Mickey snacks one and husband got the grey one with all the Mickeys on it.

I'm honest, so I will say I had a heck of a time trying to pair them with my Android. :D
I would get it to work once, then it would disconnect and never reconnect. My husband has the same phone and he got them working with his.
So I'm deciding, well, I must need a new phone and was happily shopping for one, but my husband was messing around with my phone and the bands and now all of sudden they work. So no new phone for me. 😂

Now they are back in their box until our April trip.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
Have there been any updated (reliable) reports about battery life with normal use, i.e. not playing Batuu Bounty Hunters nonstop? I know we had some doom and gloom reports on opening day, but it feels like the consensus is settling around "battery life isn't great, but it's not a nightmare either"?

RememberWhen

Have there been any updated (reliable) reports about battery life with normal use, i.e. not playing Batuu Bounty Hunters nonstop? I know we had some doom and gloom reports on opening day, but it feels like the consensus is settling around "battery life isn't great, but it's not a nightmare either"?
We used them in August. We had 4 altogether. Used to tap into parks and rides, wave at statues and open doors. We didn’t have any problems with battery life. Even the day we played in batuu for a bit. We charged them overnight in the room. The kids liked the haptics and lights. Never did make it to fireworks, so I can’t say if that feature worked. All in all, I liked them.

Br0ckford

Got ours yesterday for November trip. Ordered on 7/31.
20220913_184020.jpg

Ayla

I've had the same thing happen and was wondering what was causing it, too (had no MagicBands on at all). There were a couple (Lumiere and Cogsworth, and the Mad Hatter) I dismissed as it catching the people nearby not actively waving but shifting their wrists around, but we were absolutely the only people even remotely close to Pinocchio and he went off multiple times while we stood there (and he had gone off before when we were alone about a month beforehand).

I'm genuinely impressed if it's catching on to people just moving their hands far enough away to not be noticable.
Could they be going off via bluetooth from your phones because of MDE?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom