MagicBand+ announced

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Genie+: absolute disaster except for the 3 posters on this board who defend it constantly
Genie+ is an enormous success. The take rate is extremely high.

50th Anniversary: utterly underwhelming (even without the pandemic, it would have underwhelmed)
You can't possibly know that.

MB+: ridiculous delays followed by inability to fulfill orders
I ordered a new phone from Google using FedEx 2-day air. Guaranteed to be delivered by August 1. It still hasn't arrived.

1659709144602.png

Welcome to 2022, the whole world sucks right now.

lewisc

I just got off the phone. I was told orders placed on the 27th and 28th were delayed. I was told shipping has been upgraded but the CM had no idea as to what shipping was being used. She thought the orders would be going out the beginning of next week.
Sounded like a script. JMO maybe yes and maybe no.

We'd get better service if Disney hired Amazon to handle shipping

tnemgif

I just got off the phone. I was told orders placed on the 27th and 28th were delayed. I was told shipping has been upgraded but the CM had no idea as to what shipping was being used. She thought the orders would be going out the beginning of next week.
Sounded like a script. JMO maybe yes and maybe no.

We'd get better service if Disney hired Amazon to handle shipping
Lawd. Totally different from what I was told 🤣

lewisc

Lawd. Totally different from what I was told 🤣
I'm not leaving until the 18th. It's possible that's why i got different info. Possible the script changed between your call and mine. Possible the CMs are coming up with answers on the fly

When a business upgrades shipping I'm told something like we've upgraded your shipping to second day air, next day air, priority mail..A generic upgrade claim doesn't sound credible.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Shipping partner is OSM worldwide. They give the USPS tracking number and that is it.

I offered to pay to upgrade shipping or have it diverted to the resort 2 days before it allegedly "shipped" and was told neither is possible. After 4 phone calls and various chats, the best i've gotten is a shopdisney agent saying they'll refund it if it doesn't come in time so I'll most likely be buying new ones when I arrive (hopefully the same ones). I hope my saving that chat session will be enough to get my money back.
Well... if you wind up with two sets of MB+s, and one isn't linked to your account yet, there's an interesting problem, how to find a way out! (of this mess.)

There's always my way Ebay...

Disstevefan1

Ask me about Magical Express, the Parental Rights in Education Act, Lightyear, Turning Red, Harmonious, or Reimagine Tomorrow if you want to see me critical of TWDC.

(But don't actually, because I get banned from threads when I talk about several of those things.)
That’s fair. I stand corrected. And I too have fell victim to the ministry of truth…🤫

dploew

Just got a refund. I can keep the bands when they arrive (they are already linked in my account). I assume I won't be able to find the ones we want without a ton of time and effort, but maybe (and then I'll talk to someone about the fact that we'd still be out $10/per), but it's something I guess.

MagicHappens1971

Just got a refund. I can keep the bands when they arrive (they are already linked in my account). I assume I won't be able to find the ones we want without a ton of time and effort, but maybe (and then I'll talk to someone about the fact that we'd still be out $10/per), but it's something I guess.
Aside from the partners statue one and the white one with the four parks symbol the rest have been in pretty good supply

dploew

Aside from the partners statue one and the white one with the four parks symbol the rest have been in pretty good supply
Thanks. I thought about the partners statue one, but didn't like the band itself. We have a Grogu, a mickey gray, and a minnie bow. I'd like to charge and upgrade before hitting the parks, but also not sure I'm willing to spend the time to track them down. I assume World of Disney is my best bet, but not the same as popping into the grocery store for a minute.

lewisc

Disney should have either shipped to your resort or upgraded shipping to next day air. Giving you a refund is a given. Disney saved you from writing a letter or having to file a credit card dispute.

Disney should have sent a second set of bands to your resort, possibly without personalisation.

Disney didn't do anything to solve your situation.

dploew

Disney should have either shipped to your resort or upgraded shipping to next day air. Giving you a refund is a given. Disney saved you from writing a letter or having to file a credit card dispute.

Disney should have sent a second set of bands to your resort, possibly without personalisation.

Disney didn't do anything to solve your situation.
Oh...i agree. I suggested all of these solutions on both Sunday and Monday. I never wanted personalization in the first place. They said all were impossible at the time. Now, they will allow another set to go to the resort, but only if more than 5 days out, you have the tracking info, AND they can be sure it won't arrive. How anyone fits that situation is what is baffling me.

Disney Analyst

I’m currently on the phone with Disney guest services. According to guest services, there is a massive backlog for Magic Band orders through resort reservations. Disney expected in-park demand to be much higher, so diverted inventory to the parks. However, they may have oversold for resort guests, while still having ample inventory in the parks. It sounds like many guests staying within the next few weeks may not receive their bands on time (including my party).

I’m waiting to hear what their solution is, but I think they’re hesitant to commit to any specific answer.

Edit: They told me that band orders will automatically redirect/ship to the hotel if they ship within a week or so from arrival. If the bands still aren’t at the hotel, speak with the front desk to find a solution. Guest services would not give any firm answer as to what that solution may be, but they did tell me that the hotel will have to come up with the solution (so don’t let the hotel ask you to call customer service).

Can they not just fulfill from the stock at the parks and send to the resorts as needed… ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom