MagicBand+ announced

drizgirl

Interesting that one of the big draws for the new bands is tied to the anniversary celebration that will likely end in a matter of months. Wonder if they will leave the gold statues so they don’t have to develop an entire new game in the MK.

correcaminos

The funny thing is my iphone6 never went dead, when I upgraded to the 9 it was worse but still survived nearly all day, my current 12 is absolutely horrible, even surfing the web at home on my private wifi will kill the battery by early afternoon.
You aren't the first I've heard say that. I will say screen size can also make a big difference. I'm now on big phones but do okay. About older phones though, I mean they have to be older at use. Batteries don't work as well when a few years old. So if you tried your 6 or 9 now, it'd be worse. My kid's 20FE works way longer than my S22 Ultra but his screen is much smaller than mine. I still never charge daily on my phone usually. Disney I do. I will say after using both in parks on MDE and trying to get VQ BG, we stick to android when we can. Sure Disney allows the apple watch to take place of a MB, but the stability, speed and length of use between the two is stark to us. Seeing an iPhone 13 struggle in all ways just sealed it for me. We use the iPhone for back up now. Not to bash one or another, we just use both and have a preference.

Same here. I’ve always purchased my phone at the store. Im one of those people that have to see it, feel it. Weird i know but thats why im not a big online shopper. Also ive never traded my phone in, always sell it online. I have gotten much more money every time.
I go and feel things in person, but then I shop around fod best deals. Including checking out online prices for used before trading in. My dad went in person to check for his new iPhone but then I shopped for his best deal. Online selling no way a 6yo phone was commanding any real price. Apple even only gave $50. Swappa etc only showed $50-70. T-mobile offered $400 online. We took it. Samsung gave me $750 for my old phone plus other discounts. Selling would've been $500. It pays to shop around.

EPCOT-O.G.

One of the low points for former Disney BOD member Steve Jobs was “Antennagate,” when he suggested users were not holding their iPhone 4’s correctly.
B840049F-B82B-46F7-9E77-74F3311F0653.jpeg

How soon until Disney leadership tells its guests that their new $35+ bands are not intended to be used as they’re using them (you know, actually engaging in the interactive functionality) ?

Ayla

Phone batteries test at like 14 hours of continuous HD video streaming. Wifi, Bluetooth, and location services don't use battery at a rate exceeding *continuous* video streaming.

I think people never close their apps and leave everything constantly running in the background.
Brace yourself, but *gasp* not everyone has the same phone as you do.

I close out apps every single time I open one. Wifi on a spotty wifi network, Bluetooth and location services drain batteries.

DisneyDebRob

You aren't the first I've heard say that. I will say screen size can also make a big difference. I'm now on big phones but do okay. About older phones though, I mean they have to be older at use. Batteries don't work as well when a few years old. So if you tried your 6 or 9 now, it'd be worse. My kid's 20FE works way longer than my S22 Ultra but his screen is much smaller than mine. I still never charge daily on my phone usually. Disney I do. I will say after using both in parks on MDE and trying to get VQ BG, we stick to android when we can. Sure Disney allows the apple watch to take place of a MB, but the stability, speed and length of use between the two is stark to us. Seeing an iPhone 13 struggle in all ways just sealed it for me. We use the iPhone for back up now. Not to bash one or another, we just use both and have a preference.

I go and feel things in person, but then I shop around fod best deals. Including checking out online prices for used before trading in. My dad went in person to check for his new iPhone but then I shopped for his best deal. Online selling no way a 6yo phone was commanding any real price. Apple even only gave $50. Swappa etc only showed $50-70. T-mobile offered $400 online. We took it. Samsung gave me $750 for my old phone plus other discounts. Selling would've been $500. It pays to shop around.
It’s different for everyone. In my case its better to get the cash then go to the store where ive been a customer for 20 plus years abd work out a deal. I have always made out better that way. Trade in values sometimes seem great but in the long run it doesn’t work out. I rather get the cash from a sale then tell them im going somewhere else for my phone service and have them give me a great deal to stay. It’s working for me.🙂

Last edited:

dreday3

Hey!

Just an FYI to those who already pre-purchased regular magic bands for upcoming resort stays before magic band + came out - I chatted with a CM and they were able to reset my reservation so we can go ahead and order magic band + for our April trip with the discount when we are ready!

Thought that was nice. :)

Vegas Disney Fan

Phone batteries test at like 14 hours of continuous HD video streaming. Wifi, Bluetooth, and location services don't use battery at a rate exceeding *continuous* video streaming.

I think people never close their apps and leave everything constantly running in the background.

I just watched a couple “real world” test videos on YouTube and most phones average 7-10 hours of use on a single charge. If you aren’t using your phone a lot it should last all day but if you are using it a ton, like us, for the Disney app, photos, videos, Pokémon, texting friends, ordering coffee, etc, etc, etc and you’re up at 7am I don’t think it’s a huge surprise it’s not lasting til 11pm.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
I just watched a couple “real world” test videos on YouTube and most phones average 7-10 hours of use on a single charge. If you aren’t using your phone a lot it should last all day but if you are using it a ton, like us, for the Disney app, photos, videos, Pokémon, texting friends, ordering coffee, etc, etc, etc and you’re up at 7am I don’t think it’s a huge surprise it’s not lasting til 11pm.
It's not a "huge surprise" but I don't think it's appropriate to blame Disney for your decision to play Pokemon in Epcot.

Disstevefan1

"The batteries on these things suck" is based on a single tweet from *****, which is about the least reliable source there is. I'll wait and judge for myself.
Tom gets nothing for free and pays for everything he reviews so that he can give an unbiased review.

While it’s true Tom truly performed an “acid test” of the magicband+; as in, more continuous use of the magicband+ than the normal user, Tom is able to at least inform us of its capacity and limitations.

The magicband+ will probably be fine for the casual user but extreme users will probably notice the same limitations that Tom did.

dploew

Has anybody seen a MagicBand+ ship yet from a resort-discounted order? I ordered Wednesday, wasn’t given an option to ship to resort, and has to personalize. The order still shows In Progress and we’re leaving a week from tomorrow. Definitely starting to think it’s not coming in time. Told today that arrival can’t be guaranteed, but if that was the case, I would have expected a ship to resort option when I was ordering at 12 days out.

RememberWhen

Has anybody seen a MagicBand+ ship yet from a resort-discounted order? I ordered Wednesday, wasn’t given an option to ship to resort, and has to personalize. The order still shows In Progress and we’re leaving a week from tomorrow. Definitely starting to think it’s not coming in time. Told today that arrival can’t be guaranteed, but if that was the case, I would have expected a ship to resort option when I was ordering at 12 days out.
We did do “ship to resort” as we arrive Friday. I’m sure hoping they’re sitting there waiting when we get there but I never got an order email and the order online still says pending. Just going to have to hope, I guess.

Chip Chipperson

We did do “ship to resort” as we arrive Friday. I’m sure hoping they’re sitting there waiting when we get there but I never got an order email and the order online still says pending. Just going to have to hope, I guess.

I never got a confirmation email and my order still says "In Progress," too. Fortunately, my trip isn't until late-September so there's plenty of time for mine to arrive, but it seems like they weren't equipped to handle the amount of orders they received.

Disstevefan1

My battery doesn't suck, because I don't use those things. 😎

I have an iphone 11, so it isn't like I'm rocking a flip phone. 🙄
I am still using my iPhone 8 because my iPhone 6 stopped working.
And I still have an iPod circa 2007 for my music.
Everyone can begin making fun of me now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom