MagicBand+ announced

bcoachable

After (finally) seeing the pic WDWMAGIC posted of all the flavors, I’m kinda coming around on these. The release timing is pretty good for stocking stuffers!

moomers16

In the Parks
No
So good to hear some people have been successful in ordering their Magicband+.

I just logged onto My Disney Experience through a web browser as you advised, but it wont let me pre-order because I'm a UK guest ☹️

Does anyone know if that means UK guests don't get access to the "pre-order" prices? 😢

zappy

Is there a link? When I log into the DW website and click "my magicbands and cards" there is no link to purchase anything.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

First look at Disney's new MagicBand+ as online and in-store sales begin at Walt Disney World​

MyMagicPlus_Full_48098.jpg

MyMagicPlus_Full_48091.jpg

dmw

In the Parks
No
Ah, with the updated pictures in the WDWMagic article I now see how the charging works. It is very similar to my Garmin watch. And, it also appears the pods can be removed with four tiny screws, same as the prior version. So, I would expect the necklace and other wearable options for this new band. Does anyone know if the pods are the same size as the prior version? I sure would like to be able to re-use the bands and necklaces we had purchased in the past.

Witchy Chick

Is there still a discount for people staying on resort and a website that allows you to purchase them ahead of time? I saw on the FAQ that there would be a discount.. but how much? And have they shown up yet on that site?

I'm seeing 9.99 off regular colors and 14.99 off LR or Exclusive tagged ones. If I had to guess I'd say they go with the $15 off on the MB+ discount with an on site stay.

Yes, resort reservation in September.

Edit: It is for the Swan, that may be the reason why.

I was going to ask about this also -- resort reservation for us is for Swan. Since Swolphin is a "grey area" of resort benefits (some apply and some don't), am I not able to pre-purchase discounted MB for our Swan resort stay? 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

James J

In the Parks
No
So good to hear some people have been successful in ordering their Magicband+.

I just logged onto My Disney Experience through a web browser as you advised, but it wont let me pre-order because I'm a UK guest ☹️

Does anyone know if that means UK guests don't get access to the "pre-order" prices? 😢
Correct, they withdrew pre-ordering for international guests last year unfortunately.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Was able to get my 3 for my December trip with no issues.

Sorry for the bad information yesterday regarding the number of styles that would be dropping today. All I can say in my defense is that I got it straight from the horse's mouth, which apparently was actually its Alien Swirling Saucer.

TheMaxRebo

Ah, with the updated pictures in the WDWMagic article I now see how the charging works. It is very similar to my Garmin watch. And, it also appears the pods can be removed with four tiny screws, same as the prior version. So, I would expect the necklace and other wearable options for this new band. Does anyone know if the pods are the same size as the prior version? I sure would like to be able to re-use the bands and necklaces we had purchased in the past.

They are definitely a different shape and Disney is calling them "icons" instead of "pucks" - partly, I assume, to make it clear they aren't interchangeable with each other and likely the "icons" won't fit in the other wearable options designed for "pucks"

pdude81

I was going to ask about this also -- resort reservation for us is for Swan. Since Swolphin is a "grey area" of resort benefits (some apply and some don't), am I not able to pre-purchase discounted MB for our Swan resort stay? 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Is your hotel linked in MDE? The last time I stayed at the swan, MDE wasn't a thing. I'd assume if you have a hotel stay linked in MDE that you'd be able to see something to order in the Magic Bands and Cards page linked above. Hopefully that assumption is correct

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom