Trip Report Magical MAYhem

Hey All!

After the enjoyment we had doing our trip report on our last visit to WDW (2 Brits, 2 Weeks, 2 Tonnes of fun) we thought we would have a go at doing it again!

So for now, here is our pre-trip report!

For those of you who didn't follow our last trip report we'll give you an introduction to ourselves again! :)

My name is Adam and my Fiance is Natasha (Tasha for short) We both like to take turns writing the report so i'll be referred to as A and Tasha will be refereed to as N. If you would like to know a little more about us, feel free to check out our trip report.

1.jpg

I'm the one of the left...

When, Where, How, and Why???

When: We are flying out MCO on the first week of May (Hence the title) and will be spending 15 nights there.

Where: We are staying off disney this time, as we already have a family trip planned in September where we will be on Disney. So during this trip we will be staying at the Rosen Inn at Point Orlando. Like last time we will give our final thoughts on the hotel after we've completed the report.

How: By plane... We find its the quickest way over the pond...

Why: Ok... so bare with me... This may be a long story... We originally planned to get married at Home with all the family and friends we could think of. However lady luck had different ideas for us and our wedding venue/Supplier went into liquidation taking our wedding (and rather large deposit with it) So instead of going back to square one, we decided to capitalize on the opportunity and as we were already having a family holiday in September plan a wedding for then whilst everyone is in Florida and we can take advantage of the beautiful sites on offer.

But wait it minute you may think... Whats this got to do with May?

Well... under the ruse of "Checking out the venue" and "Making sure everything is going to plan" it would have been rude not to pop into Disney whilst we are over there don't you think? :p

Plans so far:
Last time we went, we actually had a fairly strong gameplan. However on this trip we really have no preference as to what we are going to do. Last time we did head over to Crystal river to swim with the Manatees and that's something we would consider doing again although from what i understand May is not the right season for seeing the Manatees? (Any info on this would be greatly appreciated)

Your advice:
We would love recommendations on places to eat. We love to try new things and would love to hear your recommendations on places to eat either in Disney or out and about.

I am a diehard NFL fan (But a Saints fan first), and whilst we are over there would love to top up my jersey collection (i am currently trying to obtain jerseys for all 32 teams) so i would like to know best places to buy jerseys for a decent price. Last year I was finding it difficult to find jerseys less that 150 USD? Not sure with us going in the off-season that prices will be any cheaper? But any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

We will keep you guys updated with any new developments we have. I imagine the trip report will start trickling in once we get back from our holidays as usually we just don't have the time do it when we are over there!

Spash007

I was just thinking how beautiful your hair is. (Says the girl with straight hair)

There's also a recipe out there somewhere on how to make them on your own. Oddly enough, I think we got the recipe from my sister's "Home Economics" class in high school. Growing up they were always on our Easter menu, and tasted exactly like the real thing!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
There's also a recipe out there somewhere on how to make them on your own. Oddly enough, I think we got the recipe from my sister's "Home Economics" class in high school. Growing up they were always on our Easter menu, and tasted exactly like the real thing!
Ummmmm
@Spash007
What the heck are you talking about????
Making beautiful curly hair???
Easter???
Are you talking about the biscuits? Because I am confused!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
I was just thinking how beautiful your hair is. (Says the girl with straight hair)

Haha thank you. I spent most of my teenage years wishing for straight hair! you always want what you don't have. luckily I've learnt to embrace the curls and let them do their own thing

Tashifer90

Original Poster

:O *begins frantically googling*

meggo819

I am American. ;) I was curious if the locations in the UK or in France overloaded you guys with fries. Last night I saw the guy put in my "small" order and then proceeded to dump in some extra.
I can report that the Disney Village location in Paris does! I think we probably could have filled a second cup with all the extra “bag fries” we had!

NickPytlinski

im from the uk too. also got married at disney. hit me up if you need anything bud.

im in on your trip anyways dude, also love the t-shirt

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Sunday 05th May
Day 2

We woke naturally around 06:15 and quickly scoffed down some of the leftover red lobster biscuits for breakfast. After that, we jumped in the car and made our way over to Hollywood studios. I think this one has to be my favorite park. I love the movie theme of the place and i think some of the rides here are really some of the best.

I am not lucky when it comes to going through the metal detector. EVERY TIME i get 'randomly' selected and EVERY TIME it buzzes! Sigh!

We got there for 09:00 (I have no idea what took us so long getting ready and getting there) but on arrival we decided to head straight to Midway mania as it was only a 30 minute wait.

Standard N pose for photo!

However, during a travel over there it jumped up to 45 minutes. So we opted for star tours which was a 5 minute wait, but it was actually a walk on.

After this we had a look around the park but found pretty much all of the rides were jam packed or not open- were looking at you muppets!

So after much deliberation we decided to call it quits for a while and jump on the boat to Epcot to get some munch from the flower and garden festival.

Our excited faces as we passed our wedding venue on the way to Epcot. N would not let me off the boat to have a look yet... :( the hanger was real.

On our arrival at Epcot, I was super chuffed to get a compliment on my T shirt from the admissions attendant and also a who dat first bump when he saw my cap. It really is the little things that can put the biggest smile on your face. 😁

The world showcase was not open yet so we had a browse around France for a while before heading in the other direction to the Honey bee stand where we got a sample plate to enjoy. Apologies, I didn't get one of N eating hers, (She was starving and pretty much ate it all in a matter of seconds)

She managed to get one of me chowing down though...

...Not my best angle. It was a roasted cauliflower flatbread with a carrot honey puree. It was delicious!

We then pressed on to the coke shop (Gotta love those free samples) I think my favorite has to be the Peru one. (Its sort of a Kiwi taste i think?)

We headed back for a walk around the worlds. N was inquiring about new headwear, but thought it may be a little too understated...

Damn that luggage allowance!!

After a while, we saw that it was getting close to our FP for Midway Mania so made a dash for the boat back to Hollywood studios. It was getting very warm and humid at this time, we would call the weather 'close' in the uk but i dont know if you guys have that term. But luckily, we made it back just 2 minutes before our FP ended!

Happy we got there in time, and ready to shoot some hoops/cannon balls/darts/etc

So with 168,200 for me and 153,000 for N... safe to say i had held my position as reigning champion!

Now it was time for our FP at rockin' rollercoaster! I 100% love this ride. For me it was my turning point for my love of rides in Disney. Considering i had never even been to a theme park before i was terrified when i first got on this ride about 10 years ago, but now i absolutely love it. I always remember this saying whenever i'm nervous about rides 'You will never regret going on a roller coaster, but will always regret not getting on one'

I have not mastered the art of making a face on this ride- you've just got to enjoy the thrill as you zoom off!

So after this we were getting peckish again and headed to the sunshine terrace to get some food. N went too secure a table with an umbrella. However... this did absolutely nothing to protect her from the impending super mega rain storm that came our way. We had to take cover in the frozen lemonade stand and just decided to enjoy the show. People were falling over prams, scooters were crashing into each other and getting blown backwards it was just generally chaos. Annoyingly i couldn't even get a frozen lemonade whilst we waited out the storm haha!

We decided to leave Hollywood studios for the day and head back to our hotel to freshen up for the evening. We headed to Bahama Breeze down international drive. We love this place. N saw plenty of recommendations when she read other trip reports so we went to one back in September and always have tried to go back since.

We both had the 'Taste of the Caribbean' (I think that's what it was called) It came with Jerk chicken, Jerk Pork, Empanadas, plantains, some pickled relish and some sweet greens on the side. Oh there was rice and refried beans too... It was filling. Yum!!

We decided to have a couple more cocktails then head back to the room for some R&R ready for our next day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom