Trip Report Magical MAYhem

Hey All!

After the enjoyment we had doing our trip report on our last visit to WDW (2 Brits, 2 Weeks, 2 Tonnes of fun) we thought we would have a go at doing it again!

So for now, here is our pre-trip report!

For those of you who didn't follow our last trip report we'll give you an introduction to ourselves again! :)

My name is Adam and my Fiance is Natasha (Tasha for short) We both like to take turns writing the report so i'll be referred to as A and Tasha will be refereed to as N. If you would like to know a little more about us, feel free to check out our trip report.

1.jpg

I'm the one of the left...

When, Where, How, and Why???

When: We are flying out MCO on the first week of May (Hence the title) and will be spending 15 nights there.

Where: We are staying off disney this time, as we already have a family trip planned in September where we will be on Disney. So during this trip we will be staying at the Rosen Inn at Point Orlando. Like last time we will give our final thoughts on the hotel after we've completed the report.

How: By plane... We find its the quickest way over the pond...

Why: Ok... so bare with me... This may be a long story... We originally planned to get married at Home with all the family and friends we could think of. However lady luck had different ideas for us and our wedding venue/Supplier went into liquidation taking our wedding (and rather large deposit with it) So instead of going back to square one, we decided to capitalize on the opportunity and as we were already having a family holiday in September plan a wedding for then whilst everyone is in Florida and we can take advantage of the beautiful sites on offer.

But wait it minute you may think... Whats this got to do with May?

Well... under the ruse of "Checking out the venue" and "Making sure everything is going to plan" it would have been rude not to pop into Disney whilst we are over there don't you think? :p

Plans so far:
Last time we went, we actually had a fairly strong gameplan. However on this trip we really have no preference as to what we are going to do. Last time we did head over to Crystal river to swim with the Manatees and that's something we would consider doing again although from what i understand May is not the right season for seeing the Manatees? (Any info on this would be greatly appreciated)

Your advice:
We would love recommendations on places to eat. We love to try new things and would love to hear your recommendations on places to eat either in Disney or out and about.

I am a diehard NFL fan (But a Saints fan first), and whilst we are over there would love to top up my jersey collection (i am currently trying to obtain jerseys for all 32 teams) so i would like to know best places to buy jerseys for a decent price. Last year I was finding it difficult to find jerseys less that 150 USD? Not sure with us going in the off-season that prices will be any cheaper? But any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

We will keep you guys updated with any new developments we have. I imagine the trip report will start trickling in once we get back from our holidays as usually we just don't have the time do it when we are over there!

bee

Your advice:
We would love recommendations on places to eat. We love to try new things and would love to hear your recommendations on places to eat either in Disney or out and about.
What do you like? Are you big on buffets, character dining, quick service? Are you adventurous eaters? Are you sticking to a budget or treating yourselves? Are you planning to visit the WDW resorts or do you want to stick with park restaurants on your park days? There are so many great places to eat at WDW that it's hard to narrow down!

Rista1313

Hey All!

After the enjoyment we had doing our trip report on our last visit to WDW (2 Brits, 2 Weeks, 2 Tonnes of fun) we thought we would have a go at doing it again!

So for now, here is our pre-trip report!

For those of you who didn't follow our last trip report we'll give you an introduction to ourselves again! :)

My name is Adam and my Fiance is Natasha (Tasha for short) We both like to take turns writing the report so i'll be referred to as A and Tasha will be refereed to as N. If you would like to know a little more about us, feel free to check out our trip report.

View attachment 339750
I'm the one of the left...

When, Where, How, and Why???

When: We are flying out MCO on the first week of May (Hence the title) and will be spending 15 nights there.

Where: We are staying off disney this time, as we already have a family trip planned in September where we will be on Disney. So during this trip we will be staying at the Rosen Inn at Point Orlando. Like last time we will give our final thoughts on the hotel after we've completed the report.

How: By plane... We find its the quickest way over the pond...

Why: Ok... so bare with me... This may be a long story... We originally planned to get married at Home with all the family and friends we could think of. However lady luck had different ideas for us and our wedding venue/Supplier went into liquidation taking our wedding (and rather large deposit with it) So instead of going back to square one, we decided to capitalize on the opportunity and as we were already having a family holiday in September plan a wedding for then whilst everyone is in Florida and we can take advantage of the beautiful sites on offer.

But wait it minute you may think... Whats this got to do with May?

Well... under the ruse of "Checking out the venue" and "Making sure everything is going to plan" it would have been rude not to pop into Disney whilst we are over there don't you think? :p

Plans so far:
Last time we went, we actually had a fairly strong gameplan. However on this trip we really have no preference as to what we are going to do. Last time we did head over to Crystal river to swim with the Manatees and that's something we would consider doing again although from what i understand May is not the right season for seeing the Manatees? (Any info on this would be greatly appreciated)

Your advice:

I am a diehard NFL fan (But a Saints fan first), and whilst we are over there would love to top up my jersey collection (i am currently trying to obtain jerseys for all 32 teams) so i would like to know best places to buy jerseys for a decent price. Last year I was finding it difficult to find jerseys less that 150 USD? Not sure with us going in the off-season that prices will be any cheaper? But any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

We will keep you guys updated with any new developments we have. I imagine the trip report will start trickling in once we get back from our holidays as usually we just don't have the time do it when we are over there!

If you are meat eaters check out Polite pig in Disney springs... it's so good (I can't remember if you did this on your last report or not)

Tashifer90

Original Poster
So after a Month or so at home getting back into the swing of things were ready to start our trip report! please bare with us whilst we write our report around wedding planning and work. We hope you enjoy our thoughts and experiences!

Also huge apologies to @bee and @Rista1313 for not replying to you both! apparently I didn't have notifications set so missed out on your help. Notifications should now hopefully be fixed!!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Thursday May 2nd 2019 -Day 0

I don't know how you all feel about your holidays but for us any trip start the day you leave home and set off on your adventure, so that's where we shall begin!

I had the week off work so had the task of trying to be patient and waiting for A to finish work. We set off for Manchester at around 4pm with the hopes of missing at least some of the tea time traffic.

I'm not sure why A looks a bit worried in this photo because I can assure everyone we were super excited!

A new tradition for us on the way to the airport is to stop off and treat ourselves to five guys. I know they are quite common in the USA but they're few and far between in the UK. Not to sound to cliche but it gets us in the holiday kind of mood. We searched along our route and picked the closest five guys to the airport hotel. All was going well until we arrived at our destination to find it was slap bang in the middle of the Trafford centre... oops!

Now the Trafford centre is a lovely shopping centre but not ideal for visiting when your aim is a quick bite on the way to the airport. With our stomachs controlling our decisions we decided to brave the crowds and keep the traditional alive! And lets be honest, no one likes hangry travelers which we would soon be a couple of.

With our tummies full and back on track we took the 15 min journey to our airport hotel The Clayton at Manchester airport. If you ever find yourself needing to stay the night before you fly at manchester airport we would strongly recommend. it is on the airport grounds and literally minutes from each of the terminals. The rooms are clean and a nicer than a budget hotel if you want to treat yourself. parking is off site but the hotel will drop off and bring your car back so you don't have to worry if you are away for a long stay. We will stay again this September since we enjoyed it so much. Unfortunately no photos of our room but suffice to say we crashed on our bed and had a good nights sleep!

Next up... Time to fly!!!!

Rista1313

Thursday May 2nd 2019 -Day 0

I don't know how you all feel about your holidays but for us any trip start the day you leave home and set off on your adventure, so that's where we shall begin!

I had the week off work so had the task of trying to be patient and waiting for A to finish work. We set off for Manchester at around 4pm with the hopes of missing at least some of the tea time traffic.
View attachment 384231
I'm not sure why A looks a bit worried in this photo because I can assure everyone we were super excited!

A new tradition for us on the way to the airport is to stop off and treat ourselves to five guys. I know they are quite common in the USA but they're few and far between in the UK. Not to sound to cliche but it gets us in the holiday kind of mood. We searched along our route and picked the closest five guys to the airport hotel. All was going well until we arrived at our destination to find it was slap bang in the middle of the Trafford centre... oops!View attachment 384232
Now the Trafford centre is a lovely shopping centre but not ideal for visiting when your aim is a quick bite on the way to the airport. With our stomachs controlling our decisions we decided to brave the crowds and keep the traditional alive! And lets be honest, no one likes hangry travelers which we would soon be a couple of.

With our tummies full and back on track we took the 15 min journey to our airport hotel The Clayton at Manchester airport. If you ever find yourself needing to stay the night before you fly at manchester airport we would strongly recommend. it is on the airport grounds and literally minutes from each of the terminals. The rooms are clean and a nicer than a budget hotel if you want to treat yourself. parking is off site but the hotel will drop off and bring your car back so you don't have to worry if you are away for a long stay. We will stay again this September since we enjoyed it so much. Unfortunately no photos of our room but suffice to say we crashed on our bed and had a good nights sleep!

Next up... Time to fly!!!!
Are you going to Disney again in September?

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I had Five Guys for dinner last night.:D I've always wondered if they overload the bags with fries at non-US locations. I could not finish mine.

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Friday May 3rd 2019- Day 1

The day started bright and early at 5am. Getting up early is never a problem when you know you're on your way to WDW!

We left the Clayton at 6.30 and were at terminal two in just a few short minutes. The travel gods were on our side and we managed to check in and get through security in less than 30 minutes. We hoped this was an indication of how the rest of our trip would go.

Once through security and with the usual perusal of duty free (we saved our pennies for the next couple of weeks) we headed to get some breakfast. One of the consistently good (in terms of speed of service and quality of food) restaurants of terminal two is Frankie and Bennie's.

I had the eggs Benedict

A had the salmon bagel with scrambled eggs.

I'd never say the food is amazing but you can guarantee satisfaction.

We found our gate and headed there to wait for boarding. I think the early morning had affected A more than he had let on...

We flew with Virgin Atlantic in seats 36 D&E. the flight was as comfortable as its ever going to be sitting for 9 hours. We watched some movies (wreck it ralf 2, glass, welcome to marwen, black klansmen), had decent flight food (chilli con carne) and the flight flashed before our eyes.

To be continued.....

Tashifer90

Original Poster
I had Five Guys for dinner last night.:D I've always wondered if they overload the bags with fries at non-US locations. I could not finish mine.
Ohhh I'm so jealous. the nearest five guys to us is an hour and a half away. Maybe one of our lovely american friends on the forums can answer this for us?

I never forget the first time we went to one and tried to order two bags of regular fries. I will always thank our server for suggesting that one bag would be plenty lol

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Maybe one of our lovely american friends on the forums can answer this for us?

I am American. ;) I was curious if the locations in the UK or in France overloaded you guys with fries. Last night I saw the guy put in my "small" order and then proceeded to dump in some extra.

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Friday 3rd of May Day 1- part 2
Were sorry for the lack of photos in this post we promise this doesn't happen that often lol

Unfortunately our luck getting through security didnt last once we landed at MCO. we landed at approximately 2pm and it took us an hour and a half to get through immigration, baggage claim and car rental.

We pre- booked our car rental with budget and we have to say a budget service was what we received. the majority of the time it took us to leave the airport was spent waiting in the queue to be served by a member of staff. Once we finally reached him (sorry I cant remember his name) he was nothing but pleasant but the wait certainly left a bitter taste in our mouths compared to our previous experience with alamo.

We picked up our car- a Hyundai accent, that had a Tennessee plate for some reason. I have to say we were disappointed with our car generally. It was definitely nearing the end of its life as a hire car and you could tell. the AC wasnt amazing and left the windows steamy at times but it did get us from A to B without much trouble.

Our luck was not holding strong as we made or way to our home for the next 2 weeks at the Rosen inn at Pointe Orlando. We'll post a full review of the hotel at the end of our trip report.

To go a little bit off topic for the next part of our trip you need a little back story. My parents had stayed at the rosen in February 2019 but unfortunately on their eaving day my dad left his wallet in the safe (for someone who cares about details I dont know how he managed to do this). Luckily with our trip already planned in May we agreed that we would pick up his wallet for him during our visit and as far as we were aware this was all arranged with the hotel. How wrong we were...

unfortunately with such a big hotel they have a rather considerable sized lost and found and trying to find my dads wallet and actually give it to us took just over an hour. they did find the wallet in a fairly short amount of time but the security checks to actually give it to us took much longer. I applaud their due diligence but at that point I was getting cranky! we thought the hassle of the day would be over when we reach our room, how wrong we were (again).

We had requested a room facing international drive and away from the noise of the I4 so obviously the room we were given not only faced the I4 but it was also next door to a helipad! after literally 5 minutes in the room and hearing not only the road but 2 helicopters landing outside our door (probably 50 metres away) we knew we could not stay in this room for 2 weeks! we headed with our bags back down to concierge to be those awkward guests again (we never do this so felt guilty!). The lady at reception was so lovely and understood immediately our concerns. she moved us to Block E facing international drive straight away.

On our way to the room we bumped into the security guard who had previously asked us which room we were in walking into a whole new room block. I think he was a bit suspicious of us but there's not much we could do about that!

After settling into our (much quieter) room. We decided to get supplies from Wal-mart for our stay. We bought some drinks and snacks for in the room. A new snack discovery for us were Chips-ahoy chewy- these are sent from heaven!!!! On our way back to the room we found the door sitting wide open! queue much horror and suspicions of burglars or secret security inspections but it turns out we just didnt know how to shut the door properly (we blame the jet lag...)

It was now approximately 6.30/7pm so we decided to grab some food down I-drive. We headed across the road and stopped into Millers. By this point in the day we were both a bit tired and a little bit grumpy but wanted to put the day behind us and hopefully get on with having some fun!

humidity is a killer for curly hair! A was finding a new love for basketball in the background.

We shared a pitcher of electric blue long island iced tea that turned those frowns upside down!

We shared pot stickers for starters

they remind me of gyoza and i love them! They were my go to chinese choice when i lived in Slovakia.

I had the shrimp linguini which was ok but not amazing- i feel like ive had better other places.

A had the fish taco's. its his go to america dish as you'll find along this trip report.

Brandon our server was attentive and friendly- what more could we ask for. the food was very reasonably priced and the whole meal came to just under $50 plus tip.

We settled back in our room, unpacked our belongings and collapsed into bed for 9:30pm.

So I feel like we've moaned a lot during our first day but we promise it gets better!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
I am American. ;) I was curious if the locations in the UK or in France overloaded you guys with fries. Last night I saw the guy put in my "small" order and then proceeded to dump in some extra.
sorry I mis-read!! yes they do overload them lol i've never had an experience where the fries beat me down like they do at five guys

krisri18

Friday 3rd of May Day 1- part 2
Were sorry for the lack of photos in this post we promise this doesn't happen that often lol

Unfortunately our luck getting through security didnt last once we landed at MCO. we landed at approximately 2pm and it took us an hour and a half to get through immigration, baggage claim and car rental.

We pre- booked our car rental with budget and we have to say a budget service was what we received. the majority of the time it took us to leave the airport was spent waiting in the queue to be served by a member of staff. Once we finally reached him (sorry I cant remember his name) he was nothing but pleasant but the wait certainly left a bitter taste in our mouths compared to our previous experience with alamo.

We picked up our car- a Hyundai accent, that had a Tennessee plate for some reason. I have to say we were disappointed with our car generally. It was definitely nearing the end of its life as a hire car and you could tell. the AC wasnt amazing and left the windows steamy at times but it did get us from A to B without much trouble.
View attachment 384264

Our luck was not holding strong as we made or way to our home for the next 2 weeks at the Rosen inn at Pointe Orlando. We'll post a full review of the hotel at the end of our trip report.

To go a little bit off topic for the next part of our trip you need a little back story. My parents had stayed at the rosen in February 2019 but unfortunately on their eaving day my dad left his wallet in the safe (for someone who cares about details I dont know how he managed to do this). Luckily with our trip already planned in May we agreed that we would pick up his wallet for him during our visit and as far as we were aware this was all arranged with the hotel. How wrong we were...

unfortunately with such a big hotel they have a rather considerable sized lost and found and trying to find my dads wallet and actually give it to us took just over an hour. they did find the wallet in a fairly short amount of time but the security checks to actually give it to us took much longer. I applaud their due diligence but at that point I was getting cranky! we thought the hassle of the day would be over when we reach our room, how wrong we were (again).

We had requested a room facing international drive and away from the noise of the I4 so obviously the room we were given not only faced the I4 but it was also next door to a helipad! after literally 5 minutes in the room and hearing not only the road but 2 helicopters landing outside our door (probably 50 metres away) we knew we could not stay in this room for 2 weeks! we headed with our bags back down to concierge to be those awkward guests again (we never do this so felt guilty!). The lady at reception was so lovely and understood immediately our concerns. she moved us to Block E facing international drive straight away.

On our way to the room we bumped into the security guard who had previously asked us which room we were in walking into a whole new room block. I think he was a bit suspicious of us but there's not much we could do about that!

After settling into our (much quieter) room. We decided to get supplies from Wal-mart for our stay. We bought some drinks and snacks for in the room. A new snack discovery for us were Chips-ahoy chewy- these are sent from heaven!!!! On our way back to the room we found the door sitting wide open! queue much horror and suspicions of burglars or secret security inspections but it turns out we just didnt know how to shut the door properly (we blame the jet lag...)

It was now approximately 6.30/7pm so we decided to grab some food down I-drive. We headed across the road and stopped into Millers. By this point in the day we were both a bit tired and a little bit grumpy but wanted to put the day behind us and hopefully get on with having some fun!
View attachment 384265
humidity is a killer for curly hair! A was finding a new love for basketball in the background.

We shared a pitcher of electric blue long island iced tea that turned those frowns upside down!
View attachment 384266

View attachment 384267

We shared pot stickers for starters
View attachment 384268
they remind me of gyoza and i love them! They were my go to chinese choice when i lived in Slovakia.

I had the shrimp linguini which was ok but not amazing- i feel like ive had better other places.View attachment 384269

A had the fish taco's. its his go to america dish as you'll find along this trip report.
View attachment 384270

Brandon our server was attentive and friendly- what more could we ask for. the food was very reasonably priced and the whole meal came to just under $50 plus tip.

We settled back in our room, unpacked our belongings and collapsed into bed for 9:30pm.

So I feel like we've moaned a lot during our first day but we promise it gets better!
Why is there even a room next to the helipad? I can't imagine anyone enjoying that!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
What dates will you be there? A ton of us will be there in September... I'm there the 14th-24th!

Ohhh exciting! We will be there from the 7th of September to the 21st of September. I hope we bump into each other for a quick hello whilst we’re there! If you see us make sure to say hi!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Why is there even a room next to the helipad? I can't imagine anyone enjoying that!
I honestly don’t know :facepalm: when we bumped into our new ‘friend’ the security man we mentioned about our move and he said that no one enjoys staying in those rooms. I feel if that’s the case they should do something about it!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Saturday 4th May - Day 2

... It did not start better...

But I PROMISE the rest of the day is wonderful!

Not sure what happened, but i guess the person who stayed in our room before us is a joker... Because our alarm clock that was already in the room decided to wake us up at 6 AM!!

We thought it was the middle of the night because the curtains in our room were very good at blocking out any daylight hehe!

So after our early rise, we thought we may as well make the most of it and head straight for the park!

Today was a special / Not special day as this was the day we were originally supposed to be getting married in the UK. We thought what better way to avoid feeling sad about something ... go to disney!

TLDR: We had to cancel our wedding due to suppliers going bust etc... BUT... we have our new wedding booked with Disney! (If they go bust, they we really need to take the hint and not get married HA!)

We arrived at MK for about 9. N was rather excited...

...I was busy trying to get used to automatic gears, driving on the other side of the road, trying not to kill us, etc...(Hence the serious face)

We opted to get the boat in, we think that the Magic kingdom always deserves this kind of entrance on your first visit for the extra magical feeling.

We can see you castle!!

That first walk down Mainstreet USA never gets old does it? The music always puts us in a good mood and even the smell of coffee from the nearby Starbucks (Sidenote: We both don't drink coffee... but we love the smell!)

After taking in the atmosphere, our first port of call was Adventureland as it appeared to have the shorter wait times.

Our first ride was Jungle Cruise with only a 5 min wait. Jungle cruise has somehow become our traditional first ride when we get to Disney by accident. But we absolutely love the cheesy puns and banter with the skippers. Our skipper was Ashley and she was great! She even slipped in a few jokes we hadn't heard before.

After then we headed to Pirates which was a 15 minute wait but it was more or less a walk on. We always try and think of a funny pose to pull on this one. Hence the below:

If you can't see us, its cause we're right at the back! N's face is hidden by the gentlemen in the colorful shirt hehe!

After this we were feeling a little peckish as we had skipped breakfast that morning, so decided to grab ourselves a little snack and got a mickey pretzel from one of the vendors in frontier land.

Cheese and bread for breakfast... Living the dream.

We enjoyed people watching whilst we ate our pretzels, when N went to put her rubbish in the bin, suddenly two furry paws enveloped her hands and took her rubbish and put it in the bin for her! It was one of the country bears! N was so shocked she didnt do much other than laugh and say thankyou... They also tried to steal my half a pretzel which they weren't getting haha!

There's the cleanup crew! We love these random interactions you can have in the park. they just add that extra bit of magick to your day.

We decided to then press onwards to haunted mansion, it was a 30 minute wait but didn't feel too long, we took some drinks to guzzle whilst we were in line as it was starting to warm up at this point.

Caught site of the Liberty Belle in motion this time as it was being refurbished last year.

We are lucky in that we've worked out the spots in each of the pre-show rooms to where the door opens towards the doom buggies so we were the first people from our room onto the ride.

We ended up being stuck in the room with Madame Leota for about 2 minutes due to a breakdown. (Maybe longer? Unsure exactly... long enough for other people on the ride to take their phones out whilst we waited)

this was our first time on the ride where they have the photopass stop, we didnt know where it was can you tell? :p

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Saturday 4th May Day 2- continued

After declining the offer of being the 1000th resident at the haunted mansion, we saw that it was a 30 minute wait for Buzz Lightyear, so hopped across the hub. We had been looking at articles on line to find the best places to aim to obtain the most points to see if we could ever be more than a planetary Pilot. We seem to have been stuck at this level for the last decade.

I think Buzz is worried we will never be good enough to help defeat Emperor Zurg 😂

A took the controls of the buggie but was soon knocked off as he was rubbish at controlling it and seemed to be trying to make me score worse than him.

Case in point! And he says hes not competitive 🤨 Unfortunately we forgot to write down our scores but (shock horror) A scored better than me and finally moved up to a Space Scout. I was stuck as a planetary pilot boo!

Walking outside after buzz it felt like the heat was beating at us and the crowds were starting to get much busier. the answer to this issue- The TTA people mover! We both enjoy this ride as it gives you a moment to relax above all the madness and enjoy the breeze across your face.

Happy relaxed faces!

From the TTA we could see people starting to get ready for the Move it shake it dance party. Having never seen this we thought we would grab an ice cream and watch the show.

first mickey premium bar of the trip, om nom nom.

We enjoyed watching everyone get involved and bop to the music but didn't join in this time. there may or may not be a video of me dancing at the side but unfortunately for you guys and luckily for me we don't know how to upload videos.

A has told me to add this screenshot for your enjoyment.

On our way out of the hub we were asked by a family with a young baby if we would take a photo of them. A kindly obliged but the baby was not happy to have her photo taken, I thought I would help the family out by jumping up and down like a loon behind A to try and get the baby to smile. It worked but i think i probably looked a bit crazy to the other passers by🤪. I don't have a photo of them obviously but they did offer to take a photo of us afterwards.

rocking the bum-bag look (thank god these are back in fashion!)

It was now time for our first FP of the day for BTMRR so we said our thanks and headed over to frontier land. no photos of our ride but we always enjoy it. This ride always has fond memories for A as it was the first 'turbulent' ride A ever went on as he didn't go to theme parks when he was younger with his family. He remembers thinking it really was the wildest ride in the wilderness... about thirty minutes before his first ride on space mountain haha!

We had now reached the period of the day where most of the rides have a 45 minute plus wait and its hot and steamy. We didn't have another fastpass for the next few hours so we thought it would be a good idea to take disney transport, cool off and head to disney springs to get tickets for avengers endgame at the AMC dine in theatre. Unfortunately us Brits are not able to pre book online without a valid zip code that matches your billing address so unless you have a US credit card you can't do it. You also can't do it over the phone😠. I feel like at this day and age in a location known for its international travelers we should be able to pre book tickets some other way!

Anyhoo... we left the park and hopped on the first bus that we saw at the station. Off we went to Old Key West! We previously stayed there for a night in 2008 and our visit brought back happy memories from previous holidays.

Just as we arrived at the resort we could see thick clouds heading across the sky and the skipper of the boat heading to disney springs informed us that the boats would not be working for some time. We headed back to the bus stop and waited approx 30mins for the next bus heading to disney springs. We would have been annoyed if the heavens hadn't opened whilst we were waiting. It also allowed us the opportunity to facetime my family at home and get them excited for our stay there in September.

Once we had reached disney springs the rain had reduced to a light drizzle and we were able to purchase our cinema tickets fairly easily.

due to the rain we decided that we would catch the first bus that could easily reach MK that was close to where we had walked to the bus station. This meant we were heading to the Polynesian for the first time. Neither of us have ever been inside the polynesian so we thought it would be nice to have a quick explore before we took the monorail back to MK.

both of us really enjoyed the theming in the lobby however I do know that there are several people who prefer it before its makeover. I think we will certainly put it on our list of resorts to stay at sometime.

Tashifer90

Original Poster
After catching the monorail to MK The rain was still going strong when we reached the ark and the wait time for standby at our next FP Space mountain was 150 mins. hoping we wouldnt be waiting anywhere near that amount of time we hopped into the FP queue. Our wait was probably around 20mins which we thought was quite good considering the standby time. We ended up separate photo but part of the same train. Unfortunately we only received the ride Photo of me on space mountain. This photo shows how angry i am about it.

The rain wasn't quite as heavy when we left but ot was enough to hamper us around the park.

It now felt like it had been a while since our pretzels in the sunshine so headed over to new fantasy land and got ourselves a cinabon from gastons tavern. I think this may be a top contender for favourite snack at WDW. Due to the rain we were unable to get a seat int he tavern so we ended up skulking underneath a window ledge at the nearby gift shop sat on some concrete. not ideal but at least we weren't getting soaked and the rain seemed to be lightening up.

It was good fortune for us that the rain was stopping as our next fastpass was for 7DMT. We didn't get to ride this during our last visit so we were excited to ride it again. The wait was a short one and we soon found ourselves seated in the last 3/4's of the train. A has told me to share that I was having a ditzy moment and tried to pull down the hand rail instead of the lap bar. Lucky for me a kind ride attendant showed me what to do 😳

Feeling like we had managed to get a lot done in the park today and feeling a bit jet lagged still we decided to end our day on a high note after 7DMT. We headed through the castle and enjoyed the view down Main street USA, but not before catching another photo infront of the castle.

We strolled through the gift shops on our way back down Main street usa.

Trying out my princess pose for the wedding in September.

A does not think the groom mickey hat is for him and i do... we will see who wins in September

On our way out of the park and on our way to the hotel we decided to head to Red Lobster for our dinner. Red lobster always has fond memories for me as a kid with my parents on our holidays and who can say no to the cheese biscuits.

we certainly couldnt!

A had the three shrimp sample, the garlic shrimp were mouth wateringly tasty,

I had the snow crab legs.

A ordered the key lime pie for us to 'share' after the meal aka he wanted it for himself!

Our waiter was friendly and every server who passed us was quick to ask if we needed anything. We were also surprised when our waiter handed us over some more cheese biscuits to take back to the room with us.

We reached our room at around 6.40pm and spent a couple of hours relaxing, digesting and chatting about our day. I think we were in bed asleep by about 9.30pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom