Magical Express

ms7479a

For those of you who have used Disney's Magical Express, how long does it take for you to get from the airport to your hotel? How many hotels does it stop at? How long does it take for your luggage to get to your room?

DisJosh

When I used DME in September to get to POP Century...it took a good 30-45mins. We did not stop at any other resorts on the way but this depends on what resort you're staying at. I know they sometimes stop at multiple stops. I actually think they drove us the long way so they could squeeze in the video they show you before arriving at your resort. It seemed to be a quicker ride when I was able to use Mears in January 05.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We were the first stop, so about 30 minutes or so, and I think we got to our hotel about 4pm. Unfortunately, our luggage didn't arrive in our room until about 8:30-9pm, due to there only being one luggage person on duty.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

It takes from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on where you are in the pickup, what hotel you are staying at, and how long you have to wait for the bus (or wait ON the bus) at MCO
Luggage arrives usually about two hours after, but can be up to 4 hours. You do not need to be in the room for the luggage to arrive - of course, if you need something from your luggage, then it is better not to use the ME tags and just pick it up yourself at the baggage claim and bring it with you to the ME bus.

Upvote 0

wdwnj

use magical express in 10/05--was great we arrived in orlando about 8pm we were in our room by 9:15pm---there were only 3 other couples on the bus it was great--video was good too--make sure you take advantage of this service for a couple of reasons--1: its free !!! 2: with all the money us guest spend down in the world why not take it as it is part of your perks for staying on the property. it is a great service i hope they do not stop it in the future:animwink: :sohappy:

Upvote 0
We did Magical Express a month ago, and it took us about 40 minutes to get on Disney Property, and then another 10 or so minutes until we arrived at the resort....and also, as for the on-board entertainment: Have other people had Shrek 2 be the movie? Because it was totally Shrek 2 when I went, which I found rather dissapointing and un-magical...

Upvote 0

PetePan

Taryn said:
Have other people had Shrek 2 be the movie? Because it was totally Shrek 2 when I went, which I found rather dissapointing and un-magical...

The first time we used ME, the driver was playing episodes of "Diff'rent Strokes", which I found a little odd, but I enjoyed it.

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

LOL, Diff'rent Strokes...awesome show, LOL. Not very Disney like.

Back to the subject at hand....
I rather enjoyed Magical Express. One it was free, and ya can't knock anything thats free. Alot of people complain about it but found it very convenient. The first time I took it we let them bring our bags to the room, our flight was real late so our bags didn't get to the room until 2 in the morning. I wasn't too excited about that but it was okay. The second time we took it we actually brought our bags with us because we had a late flight again. Now that I have done it both ways I prefer to bring my own bags but to each his own. Both times it took about 40 mins, both times we stopped at two hotels. The ride from the airport to DIsney is roughly 30 minutes anyhow so considering that it wasnt too bad. First time they showed the video, second time nothing. Which kinda sucks because that is so cool to watch a video on the way to Disney. Plus I noticed that kids on the bus were a lot quieter on the way down when we went the first time (with the video).

Upvote 0

sring

We used ME as well in June 05. The Service was still relatively new, but many of the start up kinks had been worked out. Like others our thought was, "it's included".

If I recall after chceking in, we only waited in line for no more than 10 minutes until we were able to board the bus, but then we spent 15-20 minutes waiting for other guests before we left. The bus stopped at Wilderness Lodge, the Poly, GF and Contemporary...we were staying at the Contemporary and were the third stop. That was kind of a bummer, but on the flip side there were only 20 or so people on the bus in total so alot of elbow room. We saw the official welcome video on the ride in, but the bus driver made it very apparent that she was NOT a Disney cast memeber. Our luggage was waiting in our room hen we arrived.

The trip back to the airport was a bit more cumbersome as we wern't using one of the official airlines, so we had to stow our bags on the bus and schlep them to the airline check-in. Since it looks like the service is going to be continuing, I'm hoping they increase the number of airlines that have resort luggage check-in.

All in all it wasn't a bad experience, but not the most magical Disney experience I've had. All things considered, especially the add'l cost (none) it was worth it for us. We'll be using it again for our arrival in November, we'll be doing some other touring in Florida after our stay (shhh don't tell Mickey) so not using it for the return.

--------------------------
April 8-12, 2006: Caribe Royale
Nov 17-20, 2006: Wilderness Lodge

Upvote 0

dazzer68

we used it in feb this year the coach was good clean got to all star movies in about 40 minutes but the luggage took about four hours to get to room.after a ten hour flight from uk we just wanted to get showered and get changed but couldnt. so if you can pack extra set of clothes in hand luggae to get changed into a resort hotel if you need to freshen up.
ps we had old disney cartoons playing on our coach it was a great start to our magic

Upvote 0

hrmom26

i used it in the first week of march of this year it was the best. it was easy at the airport and it didn't seem long to get to the hotel maybe about 30 minutes. when i got i to the hotel we changed into our bathing suits which i put in our carry on and went down to the pool to relax when we came up our luggage was there. i would say to bring a change of cloths and a BB suit in your carry on and you will be fine.

Upvote 0

ms7479a

Original Poster
I am just a little concerned because my flight gets in at 11 and I have a golf tee time at 3 at the Lake Buenavista Golf Course (fortunately I am staying at Saratoga Springs). My only concern is that I won't get my clubs in time.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

We used the service in July '05 staying at the Poly. We arrived in the middle of the day, 11:00 am-ish. The check-in at the ME desk was quick, we then went to the bus queue which was quick, and then on the bus, again quick. We were the third stop, WL, Contemporary then Poly. Since we always pack a change of clothes and a bathing suit in our carry-ons (standard practice for our group, never know if your luggage will be lost by the airlines), we dumped those bags with the bell hops at the Poly since our room wasn't ready yet, and headed to the MK. We got back to the room at 8:00 PM but our luggage wasn't in the rooms (7 people, 2 rooms, connecting) yet. We called bell services and they were sent up.

On the bus we saw the Welcome Movie and on the bus back to the airport, we saw a Good-bye type movie. All in all a very convenient service. We will be using them again next week except we are getting in late, after 10:00 PM so we'll grab our own bags at the airport, don't need someone knocking on the door at 2:00 AM.

Upvote 0

ypcat

ms7479a said:
I am just a little concerned because my flight gets in at 11 and I have a golf tee time at 3 at the Lake Buenavista Golf Course (fortunately I am staying at Saratoga Springs). My only concern is that I won't get my clubs in time.

I wouldn't count on your bags being delivered in time. You would be better off not using the DME tags on at least your clubs and picking them up yourself. The bus should get you there in plenty of time.

Upvote 0

sring

ms7479a said:

Not to put a damper on things, but there's also the possibility of the airlines misrouting the luggage (my suitcase has more frequent flier miles than I do). I'm not a golfer so I don't know, but perhaps WDW rents clubs. If they do, then there's your Plan B.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I would definitely not use DME for your clubs. Although DVC members either get a discount on club rental, or can get rental clubs for free, I would just pick up your clubs at the baggage claim and have them loaded on the bus with you. Better safe than sorry.... especially with your clubs. :D

Upvote 0

hansel1

January 2006.

From airplane to DME line.....10 minutes (got lost).

From DME line to Port Orleans Riverside/French quarter bus......2 minutes.

Total loading time for 9 passengers......3 minutes.

No passengers were going to FQ, so no stops from airport to POR.

Total bus time from Orlando International to POR.......30 minutes.

Check in at POR........15 minutes.

Walk to Room from Check in..........8 minutes (got lost).

So from airport to room.......roughly over an hour.

I will definately use DME in 2007 for our next trip, even if I have to pay for it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom