Magical Express

Kofte

I have read threads that lead to the impression DME isn't all that great. I have signed up for it on our upcoming trip in December. Is there something I should know or be worried about? I want this trip to be great (my husband just return ed from Iraq :sohappy: ).

DisneyMissy

First let me say that I am glad your husband is home safe and sound with you. Please tell him I appreciate him so very much!

There are a few threads on here with varying opinions of the service.

Upvote 0
Kofte said:
I have read threads that lead to the impression DME isn't all that great. I have signed up for it on our upcoming trip in December. Is there something I should know or be worried about? I want this trip to be great (my husband just return ed from Iraq :sohappy: ).

We used Magical Express in August and it was great. There were no problems at all and it saved us app. $100 in to/from airport transportation $$$

To your husband: Thank you, sir.

Upvote 0

cj2me

We used DME in May on the day that it first was introduced, we had all sorts of problems. However, we are giving it a second chance when we go back next week. From what I hear the kinks have been worked out. I will let you know when we return how it went. Wish us luck!

Upvote 0

MrBearr

We used in late September

We went in late September and used ME. NO hitches with the service. HOWEVER my only issue was with the return check in. We always stay at OKW and returning we had only 1 other stop before the airport. They require that we are picked up 3 hours before our flight time, so be prepared to do some last minute shopping at the airport..LOL... to kill some time. Luggage inbound made it to our room in a reasonable time. We arrived at 10:30 in the morning on a Sunday and we got into our room right away. We went over to DTD and did some shopping and came back about 3ish and our luggage was sitting there for us. Our return required us to check our luggage in (if you are pre-checking in at your hotel for your airline) way early since our flight back was at 11:30. We saved a bunch on shuttles to and from, and enjoyed the video's on board. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Buried20KLeague

Kofte said:

We just got back yesterday :)cry: ) and used DME. It was great, no worries what so ever. I'd feel confident that you should go ahead with it.

The only downside is the same thing someone else mentioned... You end up getting the airport quite well ahead of your flight. But there are plenty of stores and restaurants to mill about in to kill time, that's for sure. We had almost 3 hours to kill and it went by like nothing.

Upvote 0

natalia1681

Can you not opt to chance it and take a later bus? (Less than 3 hours before your flight leaves):lookaroun

I'm thinking that I could get all of my hanging out in the airport done in less than 2 hours:lol:

This time in 2 weeks, I'll be eating in Magic Kingdom!!!!!!:D

Upvote 0
Kofte said:

When we went in May we had no problems with ME. I think it depends on when your flight arrives. If it comes in later at night you might want to just grab your own bags before you get to ME to check-in. Earlier in the day you should not have any problems.

Upvote 0
Add another vote to the no problems count. It certainly helped save money for us in May. Plus the video on the ride from the airport really helped build the suspense.

The only real downside is that the video on the way back is a bit of a downer. Anyone who has seen it knows what I'm talking about.

Upvote 0

bpmosho

Don't use it if you get in late.

Just got back..didn't get checked into our hotel until 11:00pm or so. They brought our bags...at 2:30 in the morning! That's crazy why wouldn't they just wait until morning?...it woke everyone up. Do make sure to take whatever you would need to go to bed in your carry on if it's that late. If that's how bags 'magically appear in your room'...no thanks! Honestly if I'd know we'd have to wait that long I would have just picked up our bags at the airport and took them with us.

Upvote 0

Raven66

bgraham34 said:
How early before your flight to come home do they pick you up?

When we used it in May, they picked us up 2.5 hrs before our flight. 30 mins. to the airport and the 2 hours the airport request you be there early. Which in our case was good because the security check-point lines were very long. We still had about an hour to kill tho, which went by pretty fast.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom