1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Magical Express Park or Hotel?

Discussion in 'Ground & Air Transportation' started by GregorClegane, Dec 7, 2017 at 6:04 AM.

1. GregorClegane

GregorClegane Member

I was curious if the Magical Express would drop off at Epcot prior to Port Orleans. Since I am flying in at 9:00 I thought about just going to Epcot and renting a locker for our carry on luggage, then enjoying the park, rather than going to the hotel first then going to the park.

I just wanted to see if Disney does this or if other people have done this as well.

2. DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    They only drop off at hotels

GregorClegane likes this.
  3. GregorClegane

GregorClegane Member Original Poster

Thanks for confirming, I was getting conflicting information googling the question

4. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom Well-Known Member

And I think they will only drop you off at the hotel where you have your reservations. The DME reservation is tied into your resort confirmation, so unless you're lucky enough to be on the same route/bus as where you want to go, you're going to that one.

5. MickeyMomV

MickeyMomV Well-Known Member

This is correct. Once you get to the DME area at MCO they scan your magic band and direct you to the bus that lines up with your reservation/hotel.

I guess one thought would be if you wanted to check with the DME in advance you can see if you can take a DME bus to the boardwalk or yacht and beach club and walk over from there. By the time you rent a locker it may be about the same price to just drop your bags at your actual hotel and take a uber/taxi to the park.

6. GregorClegane

GregorClegane Member Original Poster

Thank you, I am trying to plan accordingly because I arrive at 9:30 at the airport and have a 12:15 lunch reservation in Epcot, so I am trying to figure out the best plan for that.