Magical Express - A good review

vilegirl

Hi everyone...

I just got back from WDW on Sunday and during this trip I used ME for the first time. Believe me, no one is more shocked than I am to be saying this, but it was wonderful. :sohappy:

When we arrived at the airport, there were plenty of ME people around...waving their big Mickey gloves ( :lol: )...so we had no problem finding out where we had to go and what we had to do. Once we checked in at the ME desk, we lined up in the Yacht Club, Beach Club etc line. We waited there for about 5 minutes and were then taken to our bus. When we arrived at the BC, we went to our room, changed our clothes (we had packed shorts etc in our carry-on bag b/c we knew our luggage would take time to arrive) and headed over to Epcot for dinner at Nine Dragons. Then we were hoping to ride Soarin', but that just wasn't going to happen. The wait time was 220 minutes! :eek: So we walked around Epcot for a little while and then headed back to our room...and found our luggage waiting for us! :sohappy: We were so relieved and happy based on some of the horror stories we'd heard about luggage.

On Sunday, when we left, we had an early flight. We flew Southwest so we weren't able to use the airport check-in at the resort. Anyway, ME was right on time picking us up from the BC and off we went to the airport. We arrived with plenty of time to spare. :)

So overall, there is absolutely nothing I can complain about. It was a great experience and it was so nice not to have to spend all that money for a taxi or towncar. I'll be going back in September and December this year and will definitely use ME again. Hopefully my experience this weekend won't just be one of luck! :lol:

mjs1902

Thank You ....

Thanks for the great report. Have been trying to decide whether to rent a car on our next visit or use ME. This could help .......

Upvote 0

cj2me

We used it in May and it was a disaster. Upon hearing recent good reviews we are thinking about giving it another shot in October...One question that I do have is, Approximately when did you get your tags? 2 weeks before, less or more?

Upvote 0

vilegirl

Original Poster
cj2me said:
We used it in May and it was a disaster. Upon hearing recent good reviews we are thinking about giving it another shot in October...One question that I do have is, Approximately when did you get your tags? 2 weeks before, less or more?

2-3 weeks beforehand.

Upvote 0

Richie248

It's posts like these which make me give a sigh of relief. I'm looking forward to seeing what my ME experience will be like. Did the motor coach take you right to the BC or were there other stops on the way???

Upvote 0

GoofyInOhio

It's a huge relief to hear that someone had a good experience with the ME. We will be using it when we go and thanks to the free Dining plan we may be going in September. :animwink:

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I just used ME last week and had a great experience too. No problems. Checking in at the desk took less than 5 minutes and then I went to the line and waited about 5-10 mins to get on the bus. I was staying at Pop which was the first stop on the bus, the other stops were Coronado and then AKL. On the return Pop is the last stop before going to the airport.

Upvote 0

dzlandSr

vilegirl said:
Hi everyone...

I just got back from WDW on Sunday and during this trip I used ME for the first time. Believe me, no one is more shocked than I am to be saying this, but it was wonderful. :sohappy:

When we arrived at the airport, there were plenty of ME people around...waving their big Mickey gloves ( :lol: )...so we had no problem finding out where we had to go and what we had to do. Once we checked in at the ME desk, we lined up in the Yacht Club, Beach Club etc line. We waited there for about 5 minutes and were then taken to our bus. When we arrived at the BC, we went to our room, changed our clothes (we had packed shorts etc in our carry-on bag b/c we knew our luggage would take time to arrive) and headed over to Epcot for dinner at Nine Dragons. Then we were hoping to ride Soarin', but that just wasn't going to happen. The wait time was 220 minutes! :eek: So we walked around Epcot for a little while and then headed back to our room...and found our luggage waiting for us! :sohappy: We were so relieved and happy based on some of the horror stories we'd heard about luggage.

On Sunday, when we left, we had an early flight. We flew Southwest so we weren't able to use the airport check-in at the resort. Anyway, ME was right on time picking us up from the BC and off we went to the airport. We arrived with plenty of time to spare. :)

So overall, there is absolutely nothing I can complain about. It was a great experience and it was so nice not to have to spend all that money for a taxi or towncar. I'll be going back in September and December this year and will definitely use ME again. Hopefully my experience this weekend won't just be one of luck! :lol:

Just curious, how many hours before your return flight did ME pick you up? Just trying to plan my trip in October and my return flight leaves at 1 p.m., so I'm trying to estimate when I will be picked up from the All-Star Movie Resort and shuttled back to the airport.

Upvote 0

vilegirl

Original Poster
My flight was at 9am and ME picked me up at 6:10. We got to my drop-off point at the airport around 7:15. This was good for me b/c I flew Southwest and wasn't able to check in online. It was a busy day at the airport too so I didn't even get to my gate until 7:55 and the plane started boarding at 8:30. :)

Upvote 0

dzlandSr

Thanks for the info, vilegirl!:) That's one thing you don't want to be late to the airport for (your return trip) So I guess I can expect a ME pickup of around 10 am.

Upvote 0
Richie248 said:
Did the motor coach take you right to the BC or were there other stops on the way???

The hotels are in groups of 3 or 4. Just depends on what group your hotel is in. When we went in May we made 3 stops before we got to Riverside.

dzlandSr said:
Thanks for the info, vilegirl!:) That's one thing you don't want to be late to the airport for (your return trip) So I guess I can expect a ME pickup of around 10 am.

They schedule return times about two hours and forty five minutes before your depature time.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

one question, can you go from the airport to one resort, then at the end of the vacation be picked up at another? also who do you call to arrange ME? thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

vilegirl

Original Poster
Craig & Lisa said:
one question, can you go from the airport to one resort, then at the end of the vacation be picked up at another? also who do you call to arrange ME? thanks in advance.

My reservation for Beach Club was already made when I got my flights sorted out, so I just called reservations back and added ME. They asked for my flight times etc.

I'm not sure if you can be dropped off at one resort and picked up from another. Personally, I don't see why not, but definitely ask when you call reservations b/c my opinion means nothing. :lol:

Upvote 0

ReneeW

vilegirl said:
My reservation for Beach Club was already made when I got my flights sorted out, so I just called reservations back and added ME. They asked for my flight times etc.

I'm not sure if you can be dropped off at one resort and picked up from another. Personally, I don't see why not, but definitely ask when you call reservations b/c my opinion means nothing. :lol:

Ok this may be a dumb question, but how exactly do you get them the info. on flights? Do we need to call at a certain time or do they call and confirm stuff. Help!

Upvote 0

dzlandSr

As soon as you have your plane reservations and flight numbers, just call the Disney reservation center and let them know you want to use the Magical Express Service and give them your flight info. Then the closer your vacation date gets, they will mail you tags for your luggage.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom