Magical Expres and Luggage

alifares

Hi. My family and i are leaving tomorrow for Disney !! YEAH !!! I am so excited

I have a car picking us up at the airport because we are going to do somethings before going to our resort.

i would like for magical express to still take our luggage to the Animal Kingdom.

Is it possible for magical express to take our luggage without us using the buses.

thanks

ThinkTink721

Hi. My family and i are leaving tomorrow for Disney !! YEAH !!! I am so excited

I have a car picking us up at the airport because we are going to do somethings before going to our resort.

i would like for magical express to still take our luggage to the Animal Kingdom.

Is it possible for magical express to take our luggage without us using the buses.

thanks
I think your luggage has to go w/ you!:D
:wave:

Upvote 0

raven

No...this is not allowed. You have to be on the bus for them to take your luggage.

If you think about it, how would they know? Your luggage isn't actually on the bus with you. It's taken to your resort by a truck at a later time. As long as you have the yellow tags on your luggage how would they know if you didn't take the bus? I Know they scan your booklet but that's just to tell them how many people is on the bus and what resort they are going to.

Never tried it but I'd be interested in hearing if someone has.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Um actually when you check in and have your ticket scanned for the bus that is when they moe your luggage and not before. This is a rather large security issue. As others have said, your luggage will not be moved from OIA to your resort unless at least one member of your party boards the DME. Belle

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Um actually when you check in and have your ticket scanned for the bus that is when they moe your luggage and not before. This is a rather large security issue. As others have said, your luggage will not be moved from OIA to your resort unless at least one member of your party boards the DME. Belle
It's not a security issue at all, it's an issue of Disney wanting to get its money's worth. There's nothing wrong from a purely security point-of-view with luggage being transported by truck and no one who owns that luggage being on a separate bus at a separate time!

But yes, your bus voucher gets scanned as you actually board the bus, and that's how Disney knows whether or not you are riding.

On the way home, if you are flying a participating airline you can check your luggage with Resort Airline Check-in, a service separate from DME. When you use RAC, you are permitted to get your body back to the airport any way you see fit -- you don't have to ride a DME bus back to the airport in order for RAC to handle your luggage.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom