Magic Your Way Dinning Option

Siegemon

Magic Your Way Dining Option

We had this option while at WDW and loved it. Now I am trying to figure out how much it cost per day to have that option so when we get ready to book our family vacation for this December for 8 people, 6 adults 2 kids 13 & 15 it won't be such a sticker shock also my mother-in-law wants to know what it cost per person per day because she said she might just pick up the dining option tap for everyone going if not to expensive. Oh one more thing its going to be a 10 night stay so does the cost of the dining go down the longer you stay?

wannabeBelle

The Dining plan is based on the number of NIGHTS of your hotel stay, not days so be careful on that. You need to stay on property and purchase at least a 1 day ticket to the theme parks in order to be eligible to add the dining package on. The Cost does not go down based on the longer stay but the price is $35 per night per adult or junior (ages 10-17), $10 per night for children (ages 3-9). Add on tax to that as well. Belle

Upvote 0

Siegemon

Original Poster
Thanks wannabeBelle, with that info its gonna be right around $6800.00 for the 8 of us for 10 nights. Expensive Christmas present for all of us but I think its worth it.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Siegemon said:
Thanks wannabeBelle, with that info its gonna be right around $6800.00 for the 8 of us for 10 nights. Expensive Christmas present for all of us but I think its worth it.
I am coming up with $3200.00 either that or I cant add!! I figured at 8 people multiply by $40.00 per person ( I think it was actually $39 and change but as I cant recall the exact figure I'll go with $40.00) That was $320.00 per day multiplied by 10 days is $3200.00. Did I miss something?? Belle

Upvote 0

Siegemon

Original Poster
I called WDW they said it would be $2051 plus tax for 3 rooms at CRB, They don't have the pricing for tickets yet so I figured around $2000.00+ for ultimate park hopper passes for 8, and $2800.00 for dining, plus tax, title, wash and wax, etc.

Upvote 0

hollyberries

we just returned from our trip on june 25th; we used the dining option and it was FABULOUS!!!!! i cannot say enough good things about it---we are a family of four, 3 adults (our 14 year old counted as adult) and a 7 year old. it cost us $115 per day and each day we went well over that amount on our receipts. you don't have to worry about having enough cash for your meals and the tips are included on the table services. there are plenty of selections for places to dine and the food is great. there are always kids meal options, though they are not very varied nor are they always something a picky child will like (we had to wipe the baked bean sauce off my picky-eater's hot dogs!) but this plan is definitely the way to go!!! we got to eat decent meals each day, which we never would have been able to afford otherwise, and also eat at restaurants we never would have chosen had we been actually handing over the cash with the check at the end of the meal. (i.e. 50s prime time cafe, restaurant asherkus, cinderella's castle, cape may cafe and the coral reef at epcot). if you do some solid planning before you go you will be really pleased.

the main tip regarding this plan is to KEEP ALL OF YOUR RECEIPTS, just in case there is a mix-up, which we did experience (but only regarding the snacks, and it was quickly corrected). otherwise, it was completely smooth and a very enjoyable experience.

one more thing on this, it is definitely a better option for people who enjoy their meals (which we all do, except the 7yo), meaning, you get A LOT of food to eat. but i found that cut down on the desire to keep eating throughout the day, which therefore cut down on the $$ we would have spent on snacking items---we actually spent next to no extra money on food as we did breakfast in the hotel and refilled our snack bottles of water throughout the day with water from the bubblers to stay hydrated.

so, use the plan if your a big eater, save your receipts and ENJOY
:slurp:

Upvote 0

Raven66

wannabeBelle said:
The Dining plan is based on the number of NIGHTS of your hotel stay, not days so be careful on that. You need to stay on property and purchase at least a 1 day ticket to the theme parks in order to be eligible to add the dining package on. The Cost does not go down based on the longer stay but the price is $35 per night per adult or junior (ages 10-17), $10 per night for children (ages 3-9). Add on tax to that as well. Belle

Belle, you always give very helpful advice, thank you. So I'm going to ask you. I hope this isn't a dumb question, you said up there that it's for the nights. So say we are staying 6 nights/7 days, does the plan still work on the 7th day?

I thought kids were 35 as well, so I'm happy to see they are 10. I think we are going to do this next year for 2 adults and one 9 yr. old. I'm pretty sure it will be cheaper.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Not a dumb question at all actually. Assuming that you have three people in your party that you mention above and you are staying 6 nights, you as a group receive one snack, one counter service meal and one sit down dinner per person per night of your stay, so that makes a grand total of 18 snacks, 18 counter service meals and 18 sit down meals. They can be used any of the days that you are on property ( All of the pass benefits admissions, meals etc will expire 14 days after the first use of your ticket but other than that you may use the 18 allocations of each in any way that works for your family. Actually if you chart out your vacation you will see most likely you will only be having 7 sit down meals, 7 counter service meals in any event!!! It worked that way for my party. This works because in most cases the day you are coming in you probably will not be using a counter service meal for breakfast and on the day you are flying out you most likely wont be using a sit down meal for dinner!!! When you are ready to start scheduling things out ( More than 3 months before, most likely) Drop me a PM. Ill be glad to help!!! Belle

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

wannabeBelle said:
Not a dumb question at all actually. Assuming that you have three people in your party that you mention above and you are staying 6 nights, you as a group receive one snack, one counter service meal and one sit down dinner per person per night of your stay, so that makes a grand total of 18 snacks, 18 counter service meals and 18 sit down meals. They can be used any of the days that you are on property ( All of the pass benefits admissions, meals etc will expire 14 days after the first use of your ticket but other than that you may use the 18 allocations of each in any way that works for your family. Actually if you chart out your vacation you will see most likely you will only be having 7 sit down meals, 7 counter service meals in any event!!! It worked that way for my party. This works because in most cases the day you are coming in you probably will not be using a counter service meal for breakfast and on the day you are flying out you most likely wont be using a sit down meal for dinner!!! When you are ready to start scheduling things out ( More than 3 months before, most likely) Drop me a PM. Ill be glad to help!!! Belle

wannabeBelle is mostly correct, but let me clairify a couple of points..

With the dinning plan, the meal entitlements and your Magic Your Way Tickets are completely separate, even though both are stored on the same "Key to the World" Resort ID key card.

In the above example your party will get 18 table service meals, 18 counter service meals, and 18 snacks entitlements, that can be used by anyone in your party, anytime during your stay, from the time you register at the Resort, (as early as 7 AM on your scheduled check-in date) until midnight on the date you are scheduled to check-out. Any unused entitlements will expire at this point.

Your Magic Your Way Ticket and its entitlements will expire 14 days from the ticket's first use, unless a no-expiration option is purchased. The ticket is not dated with your resort stay, so you can purchase a ticket with more days or less days then the number of nights you are staying and chose to start using the ticket whenever you like. Whatever length ticket you purchase you simply have a 2 week (14 days) period to used each and all of the "days" on your ticket.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Raven66

Belle and JP.........thank you so much for your answers. The people here can always count and you for great advice and answers. (As well as some others)

Belle, We aren't going until next May, but I was just trying to figure out if it was going to save any money. But I will keep you mind when we are doing the bulk of the planning, thank you.

So if I wanted to use all 18 snacks in one day I could? That would just mean I would be out the rest of the trip? I don't plan on using all 18, I hope. :D

Thanks again for your help!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Man talk about a HUGE snack spree!!!!!!!!!!!!! 18 in one day!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! Yes you could do that if you wanted to. I dont think you would but yes you could. Belle

Upvote 0

Raven66

wannabeBelle said:
Man talk about a HUGE snack spree!!!!!!!!!!!!! 18 in one day!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! Yes you could do that if you wanted to. I dont think you would but yes you could. Belle

That would be one huge snack attack! :lookaroun No I wouldn't do that, it was just an example. Again thanks for all your input. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom