Magic Your Way dining plan question

kate'nkaren

Original Poster
We are booked in for 8 nights/9 days at Pop Century with a normal dining plan (1 snack, 1 QS and 1 Table service per day) However on the first day we dont arrive until dinner and on the last day we leave before dinner but I assume you still get all 3 every day whether you use them or not? If I've got that right, I can have a fancy dinner during the stay using 2 TS and still have 1 TS for every other day?

G00fyDad

We are booked in for 8 nights/9 days at Pop Century with a normal dining plan (1 snack, 1 QS and 1 Table service per day) However on the first day we dont arrive until dinner and on the last day we leave before dinner but I assume you still get all 3 every day whether you use them or not? If I've got that right, I can have a fancy dinner during the stay using 2 TS and still have 1 TS for every other day?

You will only have 8 TS credit, 8 CS credits, and 8 snack credits per person. They are allocated by the number of nights you stay, not days.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

As the other posters have stated, its based on nights, not days. So you will have 8 TS, 8 CS, and 8 snacks, per paying person. And you can use these at any time during your stay. So if you would like to use 2 TS meals on one day and 2 CS meals on another day, then you can. I hope this helps! :wave:

kate'nkaren

Original Poster
thanks for that - I had the most fun yesterday reading all the reviews of every restaurant, looking over the menus for the things we like to eat, and comparing. Roll on August, can't wait. I love the look of T-Rex in Disney Downtown - even though we have no children with us, it looks so much fun. Not sure about the character meals, bit wasted on two adults, so we'll let them go so there are more spaces for families. 50's Prime Time and Sci Fi both look great too!

Annielkd

I enjoyed the character meals myself. Even though I supposedly went there for my son... I think I was the one who enjoyed it the most! Don't skip one if you think you will enjoy it. Look into what characters are there, and then go if you like them. Trust me, some of the characters paid more attention to me than my son!

bethymouse

That's funny!

I enjoyed the character meals myself. Even though I supposedly went there for my son... I think I was the one who enjoyed it the most! Don't skip one if you think you will enjoy it. Look into what characters are there, and then go if you like them. Trust me, some of the characters paid more attention to me than my son!
I remember @ Chef Mickey's I was kinda down in the dumps/tired and Goofy came over and gave me the BIGGEST hug ever! Characters love adults as much as children!:kiss:
Minnie pointed to my husband's earring of her- cute picture!:)

Anyhow, on dining- we arrive late on the 1st night and just do a QS meal so we have an extra TS to use. We usually book a Signature Dining Experience or a Show. Sometimes we order pizza delivery, which is also 2 TS credits.:)

Annielkd

I usually pick off my husbands lunch, which gives us a breakfast to share as well. Trust me, with the dining plan you won't go hungry! The only reason I don't like the plan is they don't allow substitutions. For example, they won't let us switch a salad for a dessert. I think each part of dinner should be worth so many points, and you get so many at supper. That would make it totally worth it.

kate'nkaren

Original Poster
another question: Table Service says - 1 entrée
1 dessert (lunch and dinner only)
1 single-serving, non-alcoholic beverage

When you look at the menus, some have a section called appetizers, then entrees, then salads, then grilles, then burgers. Do all of those count as ENTREE or only the things under the heading ENTREE?

G00fyDad

another question: Table Service says - 1 entrée
1 dessert (lunch and dinner only)
1 single-serving, non-alcoholic beverage

When you look at the menus, some have a section called appetizers, then entrees, then salads, then grilles, then burgers. Do all of those count as ENTREE or only the things under the heading ENTREE?

If you still want the appetizer you can get it but it will be a separate charge and not taken off of your credits.

MarthasMom

We were going to do Fultons Crab House one night which is 2 table service credits each to use up that extra credit, but instead decided to do a table service breakfast and dinner one day. I love a buffet breakfast!

kate'nkaren

Original Poster
I just thought of another question - we check out on the Tuesday morning - are we still entitled to use our dining plan for that Tuesday (because our flight doesnt actually leave till late in afternoon) - I read a part of the Plan which says - unused credits expire at midnight on the day you checkout - so we're fine to use them that day, yes? Only that I'm thinking of doing a big breakfast that day at Crystal Palace, and I dont want to find out when I get there that I have to pay!

jpittore1

adults at character meals

You can use your meals the day you check out, too.

Prior to the last day check your snack count to make sure you use them all...you can take items home...my favorite snack to get is from the candy store on main street in MK...fudge or the creative chocolate covered pretzels with premium toppings....mmmm...

Before we had children, my husband and I went to the character meals alone and it put us in the "Disney mood", made us feel young and we laughed a lot on how the characters would interact with us.

Have fun.

jpittore1

1900 versus Crystal Palace

If you're going to MK your last day, you may want to consider 1900 Park Fare versus Crystal Palace. The food is fantastic and they have made to order omlets. The characters are usually Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, Winnie and Pooh. I like the food (especially the cold strawberry soup) better than Crystal Palace. Since it's at the Grand Floridian, it's only a monorail or boat ride away from MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom