Magic Spoiling Question for CM's

boo52

ArchiDanDisney said:
the audition process is crazy...they hoist the applicants up in crane at varying heights to see if they can handle it...plus you are caught at the end...by big spotters is what i here.
Yes that is true. When FITS was around and I wasn't firing the show, I had to do Tink crew. Catching was fun.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
You are correct boo52. I could have sworn it was an AEA role, but I asked a sub friend of Tinks who verified this for me as well. I suppose when it's a 1 role position though, and management only has to keep a few people happy... then no representation is needed, since 1 persons opinion is 100% of the opinion....

I'm tired and making no sense, aren't I?

Since1976

Slightly OT - I have *never* seen Tinkerbell's flight in 4 trips to WDW since 1986! Somehow my family has always been looking in the wrong direction during that part of the show!

Oh well!

Maybe in 2006...

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Speechless

That just amazes me. Where are you in MK for the fireworks? Tink flies from near the top of the castle over to Tomorrowland. She starts the fireworks display. Plan on being nearer the castle on your next visit.

Miss Bell

Original Poster
Tink no longer starts the fireworks. In Wishes, she flies a few minutes into it, still from the top of the castle though.

I also took the Keys to the Kingdom tour where we were shown the platform where tink is "caught"....by two large men with mattresses as it was described by our guide. I can't imagine this not falling under "stunt" duty. It was also mentioned that tink must weigh in with gear on prior to flight to ensure proper weight. If she doesn't make weight, she doesn't fly that night and therefore no tink. Sounds like wrestling, doesn't it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom