News Magic of Disney at MCO to close - new store in Spring 2019

msg7

I don’t travel enough to justify paying for precheck, but I have used it through the lottery 3-4 times and it’s super convenient.

The problem is ultimately total throughput capacity and the institutional memory of the staff. The Florida airports I’ve flown through post 9/11 , MCO, FLL and PBI, have all had terrible TSA waits.
JetBlue always gives me PreCheck for free for some reason... Idk if they do it for everyone but I highly recommend JetBlue...

Cmdr_Crimson

Been to EarPort many times but have never seen this store. Not sure why they need two when most people passing through will already have bought or plan to buy stuff in the parks.
I think it's due to what side of the terminal your on as many stores have duplicates like Universal, Sea world and Kennedy space center..

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think it's due to what side of the terminal your on as many stores have duplicates like Universal, Sea world and Kennedy space center..

Exactly. There’s one store for gates 1-59, and another for gates 60-120. I’ve found myself buying things on the way out that I didn’t see in one of the multitude of theme park stores. Or several bags of white chocolate covered Mickey pretzels for my carry-on. :cool:

Cmdr_Crimson

Exactly. There’s one store for gates 1-59, and another for gates 60-120. I’ve found myself buying things on the way out that I didn’t see in one of the multitude of theme park stores. Or several bags of white chocolate covered Mickey pretzels for my carry-on. :cool:
Also, they carried different items per store so while you were unable to find a shirt at earport they might have it at Magic of Disney.

jbolen2

That’s what I was going to say, I had never visited the store that is being removed so by having both stores they don’t miss any potential customers.

note2001

Think I miss the moving walkways more than I'll ever miss the second Disney store. The sidewalks were very handy if flying in on the end opposite from M.E.

The one thing I'd really like to see improved, other than TSA of course, are those buttugly, bolted down rattan chairs they have on the car rental level. They've been there forever - smell like it too.

Jahona

I like that they are using the mickey compass rose graphic. That's been one of my more favorable designs they've done in recent years.

SpaceMountain77

The new design is so generic that the store has the look of a temporary pop-up. Change the display screens and signage and it could easily become a Go! Calendars, Games & Toys. Instead of Magic of Disney, it should simply be called Merchandise of Disney.
1405106474GoCalendarsstorefrontNEW7.11.14.jpg

po1998

I can remember taking my young daughter to the Disney store in Buffalo(Walden Galleria back in the 90's). It is long gone, but we could go in there while the wife shopped, and spend an hour just walking around, and buy a trinket or two. This new store looks so sterile, it almost looks like a place you wouldn't be allowed to bring kids in.

ThatMouse

I'm not sure what an "earport" is but that is not a very good pun unless it's actually a Disney airport?

Honestly the most interesting thing about the store is the HVAC ducts, old 1980's track lighting and wondering what all the other conduits are for, probably electricity, water, and sewer. Isn't Soarin one that has a big poop pipe running above the line?

yoda_5729

I'm not sure what an "earport" is but that is not a very good pun unless it's actually a Disney airport?

Honestly the most interesting thing about the store is the HVAC ducts, old 1980's track lighting and wondering what all the other conduits are for, probably electricity, water, and sewer. Isn't Soarin one that has a big poop pipe running above the line?

I believe earport is one of the names of the Disney stores at Orlando International Airport

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Disney's Earport? It's not hard to see that it's a play on words at MCO.

Darn it. I was just at MCO on Saturday, didn't realize the new store was open or I would have wandered over there. But from the pics, I would have been disappointed, as I vehemently dislike this new "modern bland industrial look" that is pervading many retail stores these days. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom