News Magic Kingdom's Main Street Confectionery closing for refurbishment

Ayla

So according to other sites, Disney added some sort of sculpted M&M sign thing to the front of the confectionary and it just seems… inexplicable. Not only does it seem to break theme, but what exactly the other substance with the M&Ms is meant to be is unclear. Is it just me, or is it really awful?
It's supposed to be popcorn...I guess. 🤷🏻‍♀️

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photo this evening not zoomed in.

77CEB8D1-680F-4D42-B58C-90FCF134DB97.jpeg

marymarypoppins

I wish they would bring back the red hots in the cute little clear boxes from the 80's. The soap figures as well from Disney Marketplace as well if I was given 3 Disney wishes.

ImperfectPixie

Because it's Mars Candy and they want their product to stand out.

I don't care about the sculpture one way or the other, but to criticize the color of the caramel corn when it's actually just the color of the material used in making the sculpture...
I don't recall ever having seen red or blue bronze before...

ImperfectPixie

It's a bronze sculpture of a scoop containing (supposed) caramel popcorn and m&m mix. They chose to color the m&ms most likely because they produce the candy.

You don't have to like the sculpture, but I understand the color choice.
It's very poorly executed.

1) Guests should know in an instant what it is they're looking at - ESPECIALLY when it comes to signage, which this is, even if it is in sculpture form.
2) Popcorn doesn't have a consistent shape like that - even when caramel covered.
3) Caramel corn isn't "bronze" colored.
4) You can achieve an antique and non-plastic look without defaulting to "bronze" colored.

Last edited:

dreday3

It very poorly executed.

1) Guests should know in an instant what it is they're looking at - ESPECIALLY when it comes to signage, which this is, even if it is in sculpture form.
2) Popcorn doesn't have a consistent shape like that - even when caramel covered.
3) Caramel corn isn't "bronze" colored.
4) You can achieve an antique and non-plastic look without defaulting to "bronze" colored.

Okay.

Stupido

If they wanted to make an argument that it’s caramel corn, they should have made the scoop a different color. Right now, it looks like it’s all made out of the same colors, so that the only thing that people take in are the m&ms. Such a sad day, product promo should never be this obvious in the parks.

LittleBuford

If they wanted to make an argument that it’s caramel corn, they should have made the scoop a different color. Right now, it looks like it’s all made out of the same colors, so that the only thing that people take in are the m&ms. Such a sad day, product promo should never be this obvious in the parks.
It’s supposed to look that way, though: like a bronze sculpture interspersed with contrasting pops of colour. That aspect of the sculpture actually works for me.

Your last sentence suggests that this kind of product placement is new, but I would argue that this sign is much less extreme than some of those from back in the day (see my earlier post in this thread).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom