Magic Kingdom

Disney Stacey

:xmas: Hi all,
We are a family of 5, 2 Disney Adults, 2 Disney Teen's and 1 Disney Toddler.
:dazzle: this will be our 2nd time to WDW, we go in December, the first time was so overwhelming we missed loads. Was wondering if we could go in to the castle, if so what to look out for.
:lookaroun Also anything else you can think of, (must do's) about any of the Parks, we are planning on doing them all.
:confused: can we go in to the Disney Hotels to have a look round, (we are staying on I-Drive)
Would be grateful for any help.
:) Please, Please, Please

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hi!

There are only really two things "in" the castle: Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and Cinderella's Royal Table. The boutique is great for girls [and some boys] 3-10 to be pampered and made up as princesses [or princes]. CRT Is worth doing at least once, you get a picture with Cindy and then go upstairs to eat. I prefer the breakfast. There's lots of info available on both of these activities if you're interested.

You don't say how long you're at WDW, but "planning on doing it all" is your first mistake! :lol: WDW is huge and there is so much to do I haven't managed to do everything and I've visited 8 times for a week each visit. Pace yourselves and decide on priorities for each of you and make a point of relaxing as well. A week-long commando attack on Disney and you probaby still won't see or do everything, but you'll need a vacation when you get home to recover from your vacation.

Certainly you can visit any of the Disney resorts and look around. There are some great restaurants at resorts, one place I'd recommend is Boma at DAKL - It's a wonderful buffet and the resort is majestic!

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

TheKeeler7

We have a similar situation with children ranging in age from 5 to 13 with a lot of different interests. One trick we used was we did Fantasyland (skipping space mountain)Tomorrowland, and some Frontierland on day one. Day 2 we took the train right away and did thundermountain and splash with those who chose to go (no lines either that early) while DW took the younger ones to get space mountain Fast passes.

I'm not one to preach my way is best , but we found that by saving the thrill rides to day 2 we were able to spend day 1 as a family on all rides, yet allow the olders to enjoy the thrill rides early on day 2 while minimizing the time the younger ones waited.

No matter what you do, you will be in Disney so I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Upvote 0

Disney Stacey

Original Poster
Gr8 advise, so many different things to see, so many things to do, yet not enough time to do it all, guess we will have to go again, and again and again.

Upvote 0

tinksgilrs08

The castle

I was reading on a wbsite that you can ask the cm at the reasturant just to take a coule pictures of the reasturant and in the middleof the reasturant there is a manhole looking cover and they say that is the middle of walt disney world... so they say.. try to catch the reasturant at a slow time maybe before they open .. just ask the worst they can say is not at this time...

Upvote 0

maryt01

hotel hopping is a must. go to mk and take monorail to poly, gf and contempory. take monorail back to mk andtake the bus to wl. take bus there to epcot. take biat to boardwalk . ask cm how to get to beach club. buy a wdw guide book before your trip. there you will find out which hotels are best decorated. the ones i mentioned have the best holiday decor. this takes a bout 5 hours of a day that you want to move at a more relaxed pace.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Sorry we are going for 3 weeks 11 December 08 - 01 January 08

It takes about 1 week to ride every ride and see every show at all 4 parks. Seeing as you're going the most busy time of year, it may take you all 3 weeks to do it all! :lol:

I don't think the value and moderate resorts are really worth paying a visit to, but definitely visit all the deluxe resorts. They're great. Book a meal at each one and enjoy. :D

Upvote 0

pacochran

You can definitely do Hotel hopping and don't have to be a guest. The first year we did Christmas we took one whole day and did tours of the resorts.

We did AKL which had nice decorations, we did the monorail route, especially want to hit the GF.

If you can try and catch the BC and BW, especially the BC with it's gingerbread carousel.

We ended the day at WL with diner at Whispering Canyons.

Upvote 0

WDWCPF98

I was reading on a wbsite that you can ask the cm at the reasturant just to take a coule pictures of the reasturant and in the middleof the reasturant there is a manhole looking cover and they say that is the middle of walt disney world... so they say.. try to catch the reasturant at a slow time maybe before they open .. just ask the worst they can say is not at this time...

Are you sure you're not thinking of the golden spike at Sleeping Beauty's Castle at DLP? I could be wrong but I don't think Cindy's castle has anything similar to that. :)

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Are you sure you're not thinking of the golden spike at Sleeping Beauty's Castle at DLP? I could be wrong but I don't think Cindy's castle has anything similar to that. :)

Not to mention, Cinderella Castle is on the very north side of Walt Disney World, and not even close to the center of it.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Gr8 advise, so many different things to see, so many things to do, yet not enough time to do it all, guess we will have to go again, and again and again.

That is a rather tall order....as Monty has said, there is simply too much, and you just can't do everything.
With that said, good (but not rigid) planning is highly suggested.

You should get yourself a Disney tourbook or two and use that to start to ID shows and rides that interest you or others in the family. Once you know what you want to do, plan your time so that you go on the most popular rides early or use Fast Pass.

Second, dining. There are many unique and varied dining experiences. Check out the following for a nice list and menus: http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm
There are also references here at WDWMagic.

I would definitely plan on a Hoop de do Review dinner, breakfast or dinner in the castle, Chef Mickey's at Contemporary, Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge, O'hana at Polynesian and Prime Time Cafe in Disney Studios. If you do plan on dinners, make your reservations early (up to 180 days out) to be sure you get in.

From there it is your personal taste and preferences. Many choices at Epcot and at the various resort hotels (also a good chance to "visit" the resort).

Finally you are travelling at an interesting, varied and very special time. Christmas time at WDW is very special. Following is a link to a good summary of the events:

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/holiday.htm

Take full advantage of the holiday happenings, big and small. Strongly consider doing Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party one night, also do plan on the Candlelight Processional (by using a dining package, you will get seating for it). Decorations at the hotels, particularly the deluxes, are spectacular.

Know that for the first half of your vacations, crowds will be modest, so make the most of it with ride and park activities. As you get closer to Christmas, it will become more and more crowded with Christmas week being the most crowded of the year. You can still do things in the parks, but need to be there at park opening to minimize wait times.

Good luck in your planning

Upvote 0

rob45

Get on the monorail and go to the Contemporary hotel. When you get off the monorail and walk towards the exit ramp look closely at the big wall mural on the left and find the 5-legged goat at the top of it. Go by your local bookstore and buy a copy of Steven M. Barrett's Hidden Mickey book and search for hidden mickeys while you are there at the world. Have a great 3-week stay.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom