Magic Kingdom VS Disneyland

animal_king1990

Original Poster
I'm only asking because it seems Disneyland has a few more E ticket attractions like Matterhorn and Indiana Jones, but Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain is the best! Personally, I prefer Magic Kingdom becuase the atmosphere is somewhat more magical than Disneyland. Don't ask me why.

Captain Hank

animal_king1990 said:
I'm only asking because it seems Disneyland has a few more E ticket attractions like Matterhorn and Indiana Jones, but Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain is the best! Personally, I prefer Magic Kingdom becuase the atmosphere is somewhat more magical than Disneyland. Don't ask me why.
Yeah...ummm...this is one of those topics that people (goodness knows why) get REALLY passionate about. Think WDW vs. Universal, Pepsi vs. Coke, etc. Not pretty, in general.

Magic Maker

I went to DL for the first time ever two months ago. I was born and raised here in Orlando and grew up with MK. My boyfriend told me that DL was better, but I never believe him.
Maybe it was because they went all out for their 50th, but I love Disneyland!!!! MK is my home, but I choose DL over it. However, WDW vs. DLR, I of course choose WDW.

DisneyBuff

I grew up on DL. But love both. I think DL is more magical. Think fantasmic, the show pops up in the middle of nowhere. It is on an island that you can play on just hours before. The lights come pop up. It is the small things like that at DL that I think make it more magical. Just my thoughts.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Number_6 said:
This can only end in tears...
big_weeping.gif

Unfortunately, I've only been to Disneyland once and was way too young to remember any of it, so by default WDW wins for me !!

Azerin

I will echo what Thrawn said... IMHO DL is better then MK but WDW overall is better the DL. I have been to both many times (yey for having a family full of Disney freaks and a best friend who lives in CA) and I love both and both have their unique charms. But if I had to pick just one I would go with DL. There are so many little things that I just love about DL... I love how some of the rides are tied into the park (for example PotC and Blue Bayoo). DL has some things that ONLY DL has (ex Indy, Matterhorn, and Blue Bayoo has to be my favorite restuarant anywhere). One thing that MK does seem to have over DL is that the Peter Pan's seem like they are generally cuter at MK then DL and Peter Pan being my favorite character... yeah... :lol: (not saying the Peter Pan's at DL aren't cute :p but seems like the best ones I have seen are always at MK :p)

wdwfan22

I guess I’m gonna be different and say Magic Kingdom. I’ve been to both many times and feel that Magic Kingdom is more magical than Disneyland. Disneyland is small and feels cramped. I also can’t get past the tiny castle. I guess I just prefer the larger scale of the Magic Kingdom. Both parks are nice but my vote goes for Magic Kingdom.

CThaddeus

Each has its own plusses and minuses. Here's a short breakdown:
Disneyland
Better Tiki Room
Has Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye
Slightly more entertaining treehouse - Tarzan's
WAAAAAAY better Pirates of the Caribbean
Has New Orleans Square, the Blue Bayou, and Club 33
Better Haunted Mansion (especially with the Haunted Mansion Holiday)
Better exterior for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
WAAAAAAY better Fantasmic! (though the seating is better at Disney-MGM)
Has Pinocchio's Daring Journey
WAAAAAAY better (and still existent) Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
WAAAAAAY better Fantasyland exterior theming
Has Storybook Land
Has Casey Jr. Circus Train
WAAAAAAY better It's a Small World (and exterior and IASW Holiday)
Has Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
Bigger and more interactive Toontown
Has the Matterhorn
Will soon have the Submarine Voyage again
WAAAAAAY better Autopia
Monorail running through Tomorrowland adds to the futurism
Though some might disagree, a better Innoventions than EPCOT (definitely a more entertaining entrance with Tom Morrow)
WAAAAAAY better Space Mountain (and it has a soundtrack)
Slightly better Buzz Lightyear (more mobile laser guns)
Much better fireworks show
Everything is more intimate and compact...and I feel it is slightly less impersonal because of it.

The Magic Kingdom
The original Swiss Family Treehouse is great to see
WAAAAAAAY better Jungle Cruise (longer and more to see)
WAAAAAAAY better Splash Mountain
WAAAAAAAY better Thunder Mountain
Has Country Bear Jamboree
Hall of Presidents beats out Disneyland's Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln because it has all the presidents and the most recent version of DL's Lincoln is basically Sounds Dangerous! with Honest Abe
WAAAAAAAY better Snow White
Has the Sonny Eclipse at the Starlite Cafe
Has Carousel of Progress
Has Timekeeper (sometimes)
Has the TTA
Had Alien Encounter (haven't been on Stitch's Great Escape yet)

While I'd like to say Magic Kingdom is better, I just can't. And I really hate having to get across that lake before I can even get in. I know why Walt wanted it, but I still can't stand the need to do it.
It is true, though, that Walt Disney World is better than the Disneyland Resort, but that's beause there is so much more land to put more theme parks in Florida. We've got room here currently for probably one more park, but it will be down the street from Disneyland and California Adventure...and probably won't even come into existence if they can't get Clonifornia Adventure to perform up to expectations (don't get me wrong...it's the clones - minus Tower of Terrror - that make that park worth going to, along with Soarin' Over California and California Screamin').
Anyone still reading this?

Lynx04

DL is like the compressed WDW in some respects. I grew up on DL and then when I moved to the east coast and started going to WDW, I noticed that some of the attractions that were in DL were in DW but at different parks. DL in my opinion is way more superior than MK, but only because they have to fit more into one park (Up until DCA opened at least).

You may say that MK, Splash Mountain is better, however DL's POTC and IASW is better then MKs. Infact, DL's POTC is so much better than WDW's, I can't ride WDW cause of how dumbed down it is.

animal_king1990

Original Poster
So what you're saying is that Magic Kingdom is basically a toned down Disneyland? Why couldn't they have built the two differently instead of the same?

CThaddeus

When it opened, Disney World's Magic Kingdom was kind of like a Reader's Digest version of Disneyland in some respects. They didn't even have a Pirates of the Caribbean until people demanded it. Slowly, the Magic Kingdom has increased its number of attractions, but it still doesn't have as many as Disneyland.

DisneyMarg

animal_king1990 said:
Which one is better in terms of rides, theming, and atmosphere? Please don't pick without explaining why.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1307490" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>animal_king1990</TD><TD class=alt2>I'm only asking because it seems Disneyland has a few more E ticket attractions like Matterhorn and Indiana Jones, but Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain is the best! Personally, I prefer Magic Kingdom becuase the atmosphere is somewhat more magical than Disneyland. Don't ask me why.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You're funny. Your OP said "Don't pick without explaining why". Your reply post said what you prefer, ending with "Don't ask me why".

That said, my vote is DisneyLand because it's more compact (don't have to walk so far) and has more attractions (or at least more I like) and I love the Small World there and Storyland Canal Boats (or whatever they are called). I also love parentheses (can you tell?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom