Magic Kingdom TV Universe in Development at Disney+

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Not sure if this is better suited for the TV / Disney+ forum or this forum, but the first project is a show about the Society of Explorers and Adventurers.

999th Happy Haunt

doctornick

Definitely an interesting development, especially if it would lead to attractions that are focused on SEA as opposed to more traditional media. Yes, I suppose it’s still “IP” but would be more welcome by park purists.

Any chance one of the first ones could be based on Lord Mystic and having a certain ride appear in WDW as a result? Or for that matter, I’d Dreamfinder a member of SEA?

MarvelCharacterNerd

My heart cannot even handle the greatness of this! Nor the coming together of my fandoms! :D

1614050266823.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not sure if this is better suited for the TV / Disney+ forum or this forum, but the first project is a show about the Society of Explorers and Adventurers.

Sounds promising. I had to look up "For all Man Kind", because I know him better as "Battlestar Galactica creator Ron Moore" :)

FigmentJedi

Definitely an interesting development, especially if it would lead to attractions that are focused on SEA as opposed to more traditional media. Yes, I suppose it’s still “IP” but would be more welcome by park purists.

Any chance one of the first ones could be based on Lord Mystic and having a certain ride appear in WDW as a result? Or for that matter, I’d Dreamfinder a member of SEA?

I would think Dreamfinder definitely would be considered a member of S.E.A.
Yeah about that...

britain

This is potentially a VERY BIG DEAL, but it could also fizzle out and mean nothing.

If Moore is successful, he potentially will become what John Lasseter was a decade ago: The person with success on the movie side of things who will have the CEO's ear regarding what WDI gets to build.

If WDI is being effectively gutted of original talent/ideas, and park investments will only be made on behalf of IPs that make movie/streaming money, then the only way to capitalize on the current "original park IP" is to turn them into movie/streaming IP. I don't like this, but it's better than hoping Country Bears will be the next Pirates.

FigmentFan82

It's interesting to see the development of the "Magic Kingdom" project change shape and form over the years. Jon Favreau was originally going to make a live action film centered around the Magic Kingdom and then recently Kevin Smith has shared on his podcast that he did a lot of development for a Disney+ Magic Kingom series that ultimately fell thru. Looks like Moore's pitch came out on top and that they have a lot of faith in him potentially creating a new shared universe for the Disney+ platform. I'm very excited to see how this all shakes out!

rle4lunch

That's what I was thinking-they're going to regret tearing out the Adventurer's Club!

It's such a good premise for an ongoing show. Introduction with one of the intrepid explorers talking to a tour group that's asking various questions about pieces on the wall. 'Imagine it, Sicily, 1938' (you get the gist), brief exposition about the scenario, wavy lines wavy lines, cut to the actual story/time period to tell the story, with narration in the background from the adventurer who is telling it to the tour group.

britain

This is a great idea to retell the stories behind some of the non-IP lands/attractions. Basically, turning their original ideas into IP.

Yes, but this may lead to more homogenization across the parks globally.

For example, if the Haunted Mansion becomes a popular part within this MKU, then there will be pressure to replace Phantom Manor / Mystic Manor with Haunted Mansion material. The original Tower of Terror might become revised to be another one of Harrison Hightower's hotels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom