Magic Kingdom TV Universe in Development at Disney+

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
A movie-universe based on S.E.A. and Disney parks attractions:

I didn't know any of this. This owns so hard.

Jedijax719

So is this just going to be movies on D+ based on rides? Like POTC and the upcoming Jungle Cruise? Or is it going to be more like Night at the Museum where the rides THEMSELVES come to life?

And are these going to be full length films or is it going to be a mini-series with 30-40 minute episodes?

Goofy213

They still could do a Kingdom Keepers series as it is in a different timeline then S.E.A. is. S.E.A. is the background stories behind the attractions, where K.K. is a story set on and around the attractions themselves. Two totally separate stories. S.E.A. is already a Disney property, where K.K. is a creation of Ridley Pearson. So, I'm assuming there would be some licensing agreements that would have to be ironed out before K.K. comes to fruition?

Furthermore, I know that the AC, BTM, JC and HM are all apart of the Society. Also I know it has been mentioned that Figment and Dreamfinder could be connected. But what about the Timekeeper, Expedition Everest, the Tiki Room and maybe even Dinosaur? I would love to see them all connected.

Jedijax719

Correct me if I am wrong, but this sounds like it is a cross between Sliders meets Disney and Night at the Museum meets Disney.

Am I correct? That sounds fun and could be cool if it actually gets off the ground.

Or is it something completely different than that?

Disstevefan1

Not sure if this is better suited for the TV / Disney+ forum or this forum, but the first project is a show about the Society of Explorers and Adventurers.

This is a great idea. It’s keeps with TWDC’s greater focus on streaming, at the same time benefiting the theme parks at no cost to the theme parks.

Quinnmac000

Just because the project is being developed doesn't mean it will Greenlight....Just like the Villains show that got canned and Del Toro's Haunted Mansion film.

Sometimes studios entertain these ideas to keep creatives in the hands by saying oh sure go ahead and then pulling it from them later.

brb1006

A movie-universe based on S.E.A. and Disney parks attractions:

Alright, now I'm really excited about the series! :D

brb1006

Alright guys, which actor would be perfect as live-action Lord Henry Mystic for the series? We all know Frank Welker will return as Albert the Monkey.
894a0674014d84a57a77262bf14e7b15.jpg

Last edited:

FigmentFan82

In Kevin Smith's latest Fatman Beyond podcast he goes into a little bit of detail about what his version of the Magic Kingdom show was going to be before it fell thru. Some highlights...
-Was going to be called "Kingdom Keepers" which I guess is based on a series of books?
-Captain Hook was the main villain and his main henchmen were the Matterhorn Yeti and one of the Space Mountain Astronauts
-It fell apart because of leadership change and the new person in charge didn't want "all this amazing IP locked into just one show"
-It seemed that it was more or less a continuation of the direction Jon Favreau was going in for his movie version, but Ron Moore's is something completely different
-Kevin Smith was walked thru every part of Disneyland after hours during early prep work for the show and even walked the full Space Mountain track with the lights on

Def a cool "almost was" scenario, though I am very stoked for the world of S.E.A. to come to life and think Ron Moore is a great choice to lead the charge

FigmentFan82

Just because the project is being developed doesn't mean it will Greenlight....Just like the Villains show that got canned and Del Toro's Haunted Mansion film.

Sometimes studios entertain these ideas to keep creatives in the hands by saying oh sure go ahead and then pulling it from them later.
Ron Moore just signed a big overalldeal with Disney (leaving money on the table from other offers specifically to work with Disney because he is a Disney nerd), and is involved in their Swiss Familly Robinson reboot film. This show is definitly moving forward

Quinnmac000

Ron Moore just signed a big overalldeal with Disney (leaving money on the table from other offers specifically to work with Disney because he is a Disney nerd), and is involved in their Swiss Familly Robinson reboot film. This show is definitly moving forward

You know how many people have deals with Disney? A deal doesn’t mean your shoes get aired, it means you have a studio willing to pay for you to produce/develop shows for their pipeline.

Asked the ONce upon a time creators how many of their other projects got cancelled based on disney properties.

FigmentFan82

You know how many people have deals with Disney? A deal doesn’t mean your shoes get aired, it means you have a studio willing to pay for you to produce/develop shows for their pipeline.

Asked the ONce upon a time creators how many of their other projects got cancelled based on disney properties.
I mean, feel free to be skeptical, but my money says this goes forward. Disney is riding high off of their amazing D+ subscriber numbers which they openly said is 50% adults with no kids. a S.E.A. based live action show to me seems more in line with the Star Wars and Marvel offerings which would definitely appeal to that demographic (just my speculation). Ron Moore is a proven commodity and Disney wants to continue to offer high quality exclusive content to D+. The final fact is that Disney has been trying to get a project of this ilk off the ground for a very long time. I think they've finally found the road in with the help of Mr Moore.

EPCOT-O.G.

In Kevin Smith's latest Fatman Beyond podcast he goes into a little bit of detail about what his version of the Magic Kingdom show was going to be before it fell thru. Some highlights...
-Was going to be called "Kingdom Keepers" which I guess is based on a series of books?
-Captain Hook was the main villain and his main henchmen were the Matterhorn Yeti and one of the Space Mountain Astronauts
-It fell apart because of leadership change and the new person in charge didn't want "all this amazing IP locked into just one show"
-It seemed that it was more or less a continuation of the direction Jon Favreau was going in for his movie version, but Ron Moore's is something completely different
-Kevin Smith was walked thru every part of Disneyland after hours during early prep work for the show and even walked the full Space Mountain track with the lights on

Def a cool "almost was" scenario, though I am very stoked for the world of S.E.A. to come to life and think Ron Moore is a great choice to lead the charge
As someone whose watched the works of both of these creators, I’m much more excited that Moore (and not Smith) is taking the reins.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Coming to Disney+ on April 2...

Which has a presence in DLP and whose captain is part of SEA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom