Magic Kingdom TSRs adding liquor drinks

Comped

Allegedly Skipper Canteen, Liberty Tree & Diamond Horseshoe will all be adding cocktails later next month. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out and if it expands to more restaurants and maybe even carts
Not surprised, as Disney makes a ton of money from cocktails in the other parks. Only a matter of time before they let MK make that money too.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
5e55c71ffee23d06c626d782
Enjoy your $19 pre-mixed margaritas you money loaded revenue boosting meat sacks!

bhg469

5e55c71ffee23d06c626d782
Enjoy your $19 pre-mixed margaritas you money loaded revenue boosting meat sacks!
In all fairness, to my knowledge the only actual Disney margaritas are made by hand. Dockside actually makes them pretty decently for Disney! The mexico pavilion is run by a separate entity. I agree completely though.. On tap/pre mixed cocktails are lazy and usually terrible, I'm looking at you Oga's!!!

bhg469

Magic Kingdom restaurants don’t have bartenders statused at them so if any restaurants are adding cocktails they’re likely to be large pre made batches and not a full service bar. Nothings coming to ODV carts 🍻
Could you imagine the line if they did add a bar to these restaurants?!? Yikes!!!!

Bocabear

I am actually glad to see this...then I don't have to smuggle rum into the park for my Dole Whip...lol
Diamond Horseshoe as a location? Well that makes sense, but what is it used for these days...last time I was in there (admittedly years ago) it was a temporary restaurant serving BBQ beef sandwiches and bagged chips. Has it returned to full service with a show?
And if they are serving cocktails there, could they not justify bringing the show back as a way of selling more booze? win/win in my book...

Chi84

Premium Member
*IF* this is true, I will wait for the inevitable reports of fights breaking out in queues and over fireworks viewing spots. And protein spills.

"Nothing says, "Magic Kingdom" like alcohol sales! This reflects our dedication to the consumer (and extracting more money from their wallets)!" - Bob Chapek
Most of the "fight" reports I've seen recently have been at the Magic Kingdom. There are a couple of threads here devoted to them. I'm not sure how much you can blame alcohol.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Most of the "fight" reports I've seen recently have been at the Magic Kingdom. There are a couple of threads here devoted to them. I'm not sure how much you can blame alcohol.

Right, there have been a few already. Now toss a couple of drinks into the people paying $10k to be waiting in 90 minute lines all day in 105F heat with their little Princes and Princesses when someone does something they don't like. Sounds like fireworks to me.

JohnD

Allegedly Skipper Canteen, Liberty Tree & Diamond Horseshoe will all be adding cocktails later next month. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out and if it expands to more restaurants and maybe even carts
Well, since you posted on August 31, "later next month" would be later in September. Works for me as I have a trip there the last week of what is now THIS month.

CaptainAmerica

Right, there have been a few already. Now toss a couple of drinks into the people paying $10k to be waiting in 90 minute lines all day in 105F heat with their little Princes and Princesses when someone does something they don't like. Sounds like fireworks to me.
The point is, the fights are already happening in alcohol-free Magic Kingdom, not alcohol-heavy World Showcase. Ergo, they're not caused by alcohol.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The point is, the fights are already happening in alcohol-free Magic Kingdom, not alcohol-heavy World Showcase. Ergo, they're not cause by alcohol.
I understand, but they are different beasts. Half (maybe 90%) of those walking around Epcot drinking are there for the booze, not the rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom