Magic Kingdom: the movie

MassScott84

This IS a film supported and authorized by Disney folks. For all of you complaining about the title being a reference to DL: If it was wrong, wouldn't the company correct it?!

acishere

So this is going to be a sequel to Swingers right??

I'm going to withhold full judgement until I see a detailed plot and know they finished the script. But right now it just sounds like an idea that isn't going to work. Like its going to be more Zathura than Elf.

Here's an article talking about the project a little bit;

http://screenrant.com/jon-favreau-magic-kingdom-movie-pauly-90983/
I know its not Magic Kingdom: THE MOVIE related, but the main thing I got out of reading this is, David Fincher is remaking 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?! Now that sounds like a movie project with potential.

The Empress Lilly

:brick: Am I the only one who dislikes this idea? :shrug: The concept IS cool, but it's just a big commercial. Honestly, I feel the park will lose some of it's magic if they go through with this movie. That's just my opinion! However, I CAN understand why some people like it, I just don't feel the same way I guess.
I hate the idea too. :hurl:

It's Disney releasing rubbish movies driven by synergy, not creative inspiration. At its best, it will be completely bland, pointless and inoffensive to anyone. All three of which marketeers seem to consider great properties for a Disney movie.

Bairstow

Only if this is the main character:
maincharicon.png

Flight Safety

It lost all credibility when it said the family was in "Disneyland" - that ain't Magic Kingdom, I know it was an unofficial nickname for it in the past, but that still does not make it right. Call the movie Disneyland instead. It will be misleading.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I can't stand it when people call MK Disneyland! This is the same thing just backwards. :mad:

AEfx

It lost all credibility when it said the family was in "Disneyland" - that ain't Magic Kingdom, I know it was an unofficial nickname for it in the past, but that still does not make it right. Call the movie Disneyland instead. It will be misleading.

:sohappy:

Yes, as we know the phrase has been used in several promotional and/or subtitles over the years at Disneyland, but it has never been the name, nor a regular part of anything. It's always been known as Disneyland, and when you talk to someone from Japan and say, "Magic Kingdom" if they know what you are talking about, it's at WDW. They know Disneyland as...Disneyland. Disneyland is one of the most recognizable terms in the world, next to Coca Cola, and the vast majority are not going to be aware of some obscure uses of the phrase "Magic Kingdom" (which quite often is "Magical Kingdom").

We'll let others to their delusions, though. ;)

TP2000

Thank you for sharing that...especially the pics.....found that all very interesting.

You are quite welcome. Here's another fun ad from yesteryear that combines just about every nickname and tagline for Disneyland all in one single ad; Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom plus Disneyland USA plus The Happiest Place On Earth! :eek:

Disneyland%2BUSA%2BSidebar.jpg

Talk about an identity crisis!?! Can't we just call the place Disneyland and be done with it??? :lol:

JamieD

Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure are in Disneyland Resort. Magic Kingdom is at Walt Disney World Resort. Why can't people just get it right... :brick:

Some announcer, on the railroad perhaps, exclaims (use to anyway), "Welcome to the Magic Kingdom of Disneyland." I don't think it's just fanboys, someone at Disneyland is referring to themselves as that.

Magenta Panther

"Night at the Museum" was a TERRIBLE movie. While watching it I asked my brother, "Did this movie actually have a script, or are they making it up as they go along?" It was soooooooooooooooooo lame. I will NOT go to see Disneyland treated in a similar manner - i.e. bad jokes, bad special effects, bad casting (Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt - COME ON). :p

WeLoveTheMouse

"Night at the Museum" was a TERRIBLE movie. While watching it I asked my brother, "Did this movie actually have a script, or are they making it up as they go along?" It was soooooooooooooooooo lame. I will NOT go to see Disneyland treated in a similar manner - i.e. bad jokes, bad special effects, bad casting (Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt - COME ON). :p

Isn't it a wonder that we can all have such varying opinions on the same subject? I think Night at the Museum is a great movie. The though of something similar(but hopefully not TOO similar) set in the Magic Kingdom sounds awesome to me!

Bairstow

I'm with Panther.
I would rather have unnecessary dental surgery than watch Night at the Museum again.

If they do make this movie, let us hope they cast Eddie Murphy.
[youtube]gJOuQahDPao[/youtube]

Wilt Dasney

Wow, so much passion about the movie name!

I think "magic kingdom" is kind of a generic phrase (even though there is a park with that name), so to me it could really fit any park with the basic DL/MK layout. To me, calling the movie that is just intended as a general description of the movie's setting, not as the actual park's name. Calling the movie Disneyland, like someone suggested, would be too literal for me.

disnyfan89

I'd hate to play "Magic Kingdom" the game with you all. :lol: A board game that takes it's design and layout from DL but feature popular rides and features from WDW.

John

I am not sure I understand why the confusion. Its evident that this has been going on for sometime now....Disney has been pushing "One World....One Park thing" for a while. Although it makes us WDW fans a little annoyed they love the whole synergy thing.The average movie goer wont notice nor even care about the difference.

Its all about the Mulah!

imagineer boy

I liked the first Night at the Museaum. I wouldn't care to see it again though. The second film was pretty lame and self-indulgent with the exception of Amy Adams.

FigmentJedi

I'd rather it be more of a general Disney crossover where the Disney universe takes the form of a Disney park layout rather then Night at the Museum. I do like Favreau's interest in the project going to the point of all that research.

Bairstow

They should do a movie based on the parts of Pirates of the Caribbean that were based on the movie that was based on Pirates of the Caribbean.
They could call it, "Pirates of the Caribbean."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom