magic Kingdom Opening Show

chimo2u

I can't seem to remember if you need to use your park ticket to get into MK for the 5 min Opening Show. I am thinking of perhaps canceling off our Park Hoppers for this trip, as it is really quick with just one park per day for us, and a MNSSHP. If I could save the $200 for PH and put that towards MNSSHP tickets, it would go a long way to helping with the budget. my BFF is a newbie though, and I would really like her to see the cute opening show before we head to our 9:30 KONA breakfast ADR. We are staying at the POLY, and will be spending our day at AK after breakfast, so I would really like to be able to not have to purchase PH passes this trip, if I can et away without them :)
thanks for your help!

emcclay

To be able to see it well enough, you would need to go through the turnstiles. Depending on what day and the crowd level, you may be able to go through bag check and watch. Many families like to get their picture taken on the large planter in the middle of the turnstiles, though. Are you dedicating a day to MK?

Upvote 0

chimo2u

Original Poster
To be able to see it well enough, you would need to go through the turnstiles. Depending on what day and the crowd level, you may be able to go through bag check and watch. Many families like to get their picture taken on the large planter in the middle of the turnstiles, though. Are you dedicating a day to MK?

I am trying to not get PH if I don't have to. I only have 4 park days and our "MK day" is really going to be our MNSSHP .....we are renting a cabana at POLY to rest before the party, then heading to MK around 2:30 pm.
I think remember how it works now....I can go through bag check, then hang by that big planter in front of the train where the characters sing/dance without going through the whole fingerscan turnstile??? Right???

Upvote 0

dave&di

From my memory aren't the turnstile under the bridge, and the show ON the bridge which means you can see it before officially entering?

Upvote 0

emcclay

I am trying to not get PH if I don't have to. I only have 4 park days and our "MK day" is really going to be our MNSSHP .....we are renting a cabana at POLY to rest before the party, then heading to MK around 2:30 pm.
I think remember how it works now....I can go through bag check, then hang by that big planter in front of the train where the characters sing/dance without going through the whole fingerscan turnstile??? Right???

Sure! Just don't know how crowded it will get. I know lots of families use the planter to take pictures at. You might have to do some moving around. I suppose the price of PH would be the price for your cabana. So, it's really up to you :)

Upvote 0
That planter is on the other side of the turnstiles, is it not? I would think the awnings and lines at the turnstiles would block your view...but someone said they sat at benches after bag check and saw it???

Upvote 0

SMS55

From my memory aren't the turnstile under the bridge, and the show ON the bridge which means you can see it before officially entering?

The turnstiles are not under the bridge. There's actually an open area which people like to take pictures with the trainstation as a backdrop. You don't need to enter the park to see it. The train comes in with the performers and they perform up there.

Upvote 0

chimo2u

Original Poster
The turnstiles are not under the bridge. There's actually an open area which people like to take pictures with the trainstation as a backdrop. You don't need to enter the park to see it. The train comes in with the performers and they perform up there.

Thank you! I thought that's what I remembered.....the money saved on not getting park hoppers will go along way towards our MNSSHP tickets....then again, with 2 teen boys who like to go to other parks at night, I may end up purchasing it after all....I'm going to try and not have to though unless absolutely necessary :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

heartodisney

picture.php

Our last day there, we had b-fast at the Poly, we took a boat to the MK, to take another to the WL...we just made it to the opening ceremony. I snapped this one while my daughter kept asking "Why are we not going back in to see Mickey?"...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom