Magic Kingdom Observations 5-12-12

Jakester

Original Poster
Ok, So here are a few notable things I'd like to point out.

I'm happy to say, that the 2nd Dumbo Spinner has the dumbos on (sorry, but I lack pictures)
The 9:45pm and 10:35pm performances of MMY was canceled (if anyone knows why, Im kind of curious as to why it was)
I viewed Wishes from the back area of the Fantasyland Station (closest to the tents/station exit), and it was an experience.
Splash has seen better days still
Im also happy to say, BTMRR had a train cycling a few times with water dummies, going full speed.
Tarps still up on Main Street (its time for them to come down)
Had a Citrus Swirl, and needless to say, I enjoyed it.
The Frontierland Hoedown brought back memories of One More Disney Day (I did the whole 24hours that day)

Well, thats about it for now.

Bolt

I also did Magic Kingdom yesterday, actually conquered it (did every attraction). Everything went well - no real long lines, nothing posted over 60 anywhere.

BTMR had almost zero scaffolding and construction equipment laying around except for the main building. They were again running the trains with the water dummies. I saw it from Walt Disney Railroad and from Tom Sawyer and it looks like it'll be hitting its completion date soon.

Also - the Snow White coaster is getting HUGE! The steel structures are going up so fast each night, crazy to see it in perspective of everything else now. It really will be another mountain.

Jakester

Original Poster
Also - the Snow White coaster is getting HUGE! The steel structures are going up so fast each night, crazy to see it in perspective of everything else now. It really will be another mountain.

I took a quick vist on Wednesday night also (mainly for construction looks, and for fun of it), and when I saw the steel in person at first, I was like "This is gunna be huge"

WDWLover#1

I'm happy to say, that the 2nd Dumbo Spinner has the dumbos on (sorry, but I lack pictures)
The 9:45pm and 10:35pm performances of MMY was canceled (if anyone knows why, Im kind of curious as to why it was)
I viewed Wishes from the back area of the Fantasyland Station (closest to the tents/station exit), and it was an experience.
Im also happy to say, BTMRR had a train cycling a few times with water dummies, going full speed.
The Frontierland Hoedown brought back memories of One More Disney Day (I did the whole 24hours that day)

It would be weird that mm&y show would be cancelled. I mean it wouldn't be affected by weather(unless raindrops ruin the projectos visual image) A projector must have been faulty or the show director couldn't be bothered to turn it on lol

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I also did Magic Kingdom yesterday, actually conquered it (did every attraction). Everything went well - no real long lines, nothing posted over 60 anywhere.

BTMR had almost zero scaffolding and construction equipment laying around except for the main building. They were again running the trains with the water dummies. I saw it from Walt Disney Railroad and from Tom Sawyer and it looks like it'll be hitting its completion date soon.

Swiss Family Treehouse ?
Country Bear Jamboree ?
Tiki Room ?
Carousel of Progress ?
Tom Sawyer Island ?
Ride the train the complete circuit?

medman1025

I've been reading this website for a while, and love it! But some of the replies people post that are nothing but complaints are really becoming tiresome. It's just a theme park, and it's a place to enjoy. Nothing's perfect anywhere - if tarps being up or a water projector screen being broken really bothers you that much, stop going to Disney World.
Other than that, thanks to everyone for nice trip reports, photos, and info...it really is a cool website! Just gets annoying listening to such vehement criticism about silly things...nothing about Disney is life or death - it just isn't.

Jakester

Original Poster
I've been reading this website for a while, and love it! But some of the replies people post that are nothing but complaints are really becoming tiresome. It's just a theme park, and it's a place to enjoy. Nothing's perfect anywhere - if tarps being up or a water projector screen being broken really bothers you that much, stop going to Disney World.
Other than that, thanks to everyone for nice trip reports, photos, and info...it really is a cool website! Just gets annoying listening to such vehement criticism about silly things...nothing about Disney is life or death - it just isn't.

I am not complaining, I was pointing out things I noticed, Even with broken AAs, and everything else, I still enjoy myself to the fullest at this park, Magic Kingdom is my happy place, and will always be.
I just can keep a keen eye out, and I like to report things I saw

Tom

Beta Return

I think what the poster meant was, it's taking them a ridiculously long time to finish the work, which it is. Some of these tarps have been up, literally, for months.

I agree with your translation of the OP's comment...and I agree with the comment. They're dragging this Main Street refurb out for an extremely long time. At their "one facade at a time" pace, they'll be ready to start over when they're done.

The whole purpose of the tarp is so that they can work 24 hours a day. Unless they're doing more than I think they are (based on the little change seen in the refurb'd ones), it's just paint scraping, new paint, caulk, perhaps some window work, and light bulb work.

The mine ride is indeed getting huge. The mountain over the exposed lift is going to be very tall. Fortunately, I didn't see the steel from anywhere other than within Fantasyland, so it seems like sight lines should be OK.

I'm not one of the Doom and Gloomers, but I will say that the tarps on Main Street are getting quite annoying. I can't remember the last time I was able to get a decent photo looking down Main Street toward the castle. Right now, you have to be NEXT to the Bakery before you can shoot the castle, since the Bakery's scrim comes a few feet into the street.

They need to just rip the bandaid off...as in, do all the rest of the refurbs at ONCE and be done.

I am not complaining, I was pointing out things I noticed, Even with broken AAs, and everything else, I still enjoy myself to the fullest at this park, Magic Kingdom is my happy place, and will always be.
I just can keep a keen eye out, and I like to report things I saw

We too enjoyed ourselves last week. My eye was more keenly aware of the diminishing maintenance, but it didn't ruin my trip. And while I love that they're spending money on all the refurbs, I just wish they'd (like I said above), rip the bandaid off and get them over with already. You can't walk through a land without seeing walls or scaffolding.

hollywoodj

Totally agree with you!

menamechris

You guys must have gotten there a little later in the day Saturday? We were there at rope drop and Splash was down until sometime after 10:30. Then we got stuck on the ride for a good 10 minutes later in the day. If a rehab (and an extensive one) doesn't happen for Splash soon....

Jakester

Original Poster
You guys must have gotten there a little later in the day Saturday? We were there at rope drop and Splash was down until sometime after 10:30. Then we got stuck on the ride for a good 10 minutes later in the day. If a rehab (and an extensive one) doesn't happen for Splash soon....

I got there at 11:00am

Tom

Beta Return

It gets something every January....but I think they skipped this year because of BTMR, right? Maybe it did close.

But yes, it needs more than it's 1-month spit and polish.

menamechris

It gets something every January....but I think they skipped this year because of BTMR, right? Maybe it did close.

But yes, it needs more than it's 1-month spit and polish.

True. But it has not gotten what it has needed in a long time....

However, the lapbars they installed last year came in handy this year though with the numerous times the ride has stopped and left guests stranded in the ride. There is no way the times that has happened when I was on it that people would not have started to get out if the lapbars hadnt been there to lock them in...

Kenan

I agree. Splash in its current state is a nightmare to ride. Its my all time favorite ride and with the music out of sync, the entire laughing place scene not working properly, constant animatronics down, its a horrific sight to see. Come on Disney, after Thunder, Splash should be your next concern. Bring it back to the good ole days!

mikeymouse

Medman ... its not that people are unhappy with WDW that they don't want to go ... its just that Disney raised that level of expectation SOOO HIGHHH in the past that when things aren't as nice as they used to be, but they are so close to being at that top again.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Perhaps some people would be better suited to a different site that always wears it's rose colored glasses.

aladdin2007

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but regarding BTMR, I think I noticed a couple days ago brand new cactus's along the track. They looked brand new to me and a couple were still wrapped in plastic. It seems like there were more than before. Anyone know if they are new or were they just repainted etc?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom