Magic Kingdom Model Update

modelbuilder

Original Poster
For those that are interested!
I posted a few months ago that I was beginning the large project of constructing a 1:400 scale model of the Magic Kingdom. The project is well underway and it has taken a few months of careful planning so far. The model will measure around 6 feet wide by 5.5 feet deep and will fit under the glass top of a "coffee" table I will also make.
I began with a nice 20 inch x 20 inch color overhead photo of the park and traced that with a light box and then enlarged and retraced the original trace until I now have a accurate, scale map of the park that is the exact size the model will be and is made of 20 or so seperate 11" x 17" pages. I have saved around 1000 photos of the magic kingdom from the internet and used those photos, including some beautiful aerial shots, to add the details to my map right down to where lamposts are located.
I am leaving tomorrow for a trip with my wife to the MAGIC KINGDOM on Wednesday. I will be armed with over 500 exposures of film and a couple video tapes to record any and every detail I couldn't find on the internet.
Upon my return, I will be able to draw the blueprints for the 3-D views of each ride, building, and detail in the park. Actual model construction will start around the end of the summer. I will try to show some photos as each ride and area are completed.
I have to go pack now. I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

Jr Imagineer

I was gonna start somethin like that a few years ago, but I sliced my finger open with an exacto blade and decided NOT to continue with the project.

N2dru

Anyone else has attempted to make a scale model of the Magic Kingdom? I've made models of individual attractions but not the entire park or resort for that matter.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Surely a record?
unnamed.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

Not to bump this thread again, but I bookmarked it last time it bumped because I was in the midst of a relevant project that I just finished this week - I figured you guys would enjoy a look at my Mini Walt Disney World! Built around the Monorail Playset pieces that Disney used to sell, I fleshed out all of the parks with different playsets, souvenirs, ornaments, and weird models built out of scrap materials from my studio.

I've been wanting to make something like this for almost 20 years and finally had the time to commit to getting it done and setting it up. It's for sure not to Scale, I think of it more as a caricature, but I thought you guys would like it!

Mini Walt Disney World 1 Smaller.jpg

1594285721457.png

MK HDR 1 Mini WDW Smaller.jpg

EPCOT RAW 1 Smaller.jpg

EPCOT Reverse Angle HDR 2 Smaller.jpg

DHS HDR 1 Smaller.jpg

Animal Kingdom HDR 1 Smaller.jpg

I made a little Walkthrough video that shows things a bit closer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom