Magic Kingdom Lost & Found

tink282010

Original Poster
We were at MK yesterday and discovered that I lost my ID and park tickets somewhere in Frontierland. It was somewhere between BTMR and the train station (so a very small area for it to get lost). We went back looking for it and it was just gone.

We haven't heard anything from them about if they found it or not, but know that they said we should know sometime after 11am today.

Has anybody had experience with losing their ID there? They already reprinted mine and my daughter's park tickets, so that wasn't a big deal, but my drivers license is. The cast member at City Hall said they have a process for making sure I get on my flight as well if my ID doesn't show up. But we were told that my ID has most likely been turned in already. We had them check to make sure nothing was charged to our room and it wasn't, so we are really hoping somebody turned it in right away.

devoy1701

We were at MK yesterday and discovered that I lost my ID and park tickets somewhere in Frontierland. It was somewhere between BTMR and the train station (so a very small area for it to get lost). We went back looking for it and it was just gone.

We haven't heard anything from them about if they found it or not, but know that they said we should know sometime after 11am today.

Has anybody had experience with losing their ID there? They already reprinted mine and my daughter's park tickets, so that wasn't a big deal, but my drivers license is. The cast member at City Hall said they have a process for making sure I get on my flight as well if my ID doesn't show up. But we were told that my ID has most likely been turned in already. We had them check to make sure nothing was charged to our room and it wasn't, so we are really hoping somebody turned it in right away.

My soon to be sister-in-law left an iPhone sitting on a bench in Epcot 3 weeks ago and it turned up at Lost and Found just a couple hours later (suprisingly)...I'm sure your ID will be found.

NewfieFan

My brother lost all his stuff (ID, credit cards, Key to the World, everything) but luckilly they found it all.

Hopefully it turns up...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I had my wallet fall out of my shorts while filming the Muppet Mobile labs at Epcot. My wallet, cash intact, somehow beat me to guest relations.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Just keep in contact with them, maybe get one person's name as a direct point of contact. But I'm sure it'll turn up soon. :)

tink282010

Original Poster
My husband just got off the phone with them and they did find it. It is sitting at the lost and fount at the transportation center. So I am all set to go pick it up anytime today before 7pm.

Thanks for the quick replies. It definitely makes me feel more comfortable knowing that things do get returned and that Disney is quick to make sure that people get their things back.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
My husband just got off the phone with them and they did find it. It is sitting at the lost and fount at the transportation center. So I am all set to go pick it up anytime today before 7pm.

Thanks for the quick replies. It definitely makes me feel more comfortable knowing that things do get returned and that Disney is quick to make sure that people get their things back.

Glad to hear it....:)

Pioneer Hall

My ex-girlfriend lost her cell phone while we were riding rock n roller coaster. The next day it was safely at the lost and found at the TTC with just one scratch from the impact.

MissM

In case you don't know, the old Kennel location up at the far right side of the TTC when you're looking at it is now the Lost & Found.

Glad they found it for you!

Fable McCloud

It's nice to know that if I lose something at Disney, the chances of getting it back are pretty high. You know, unless some random person scoops it first.:rolleyes:

Sloan

part of the Disney magic

While I presume not everyone has such a great experience with Disney lost-and-found, almost every story I've heard about it has been a good one.

The one and only time I lost an item (phone) I had it back moments after I realized that I'd 'lost' it (in Countdown to Extinction / Dinosaur).

MKCP 1985

It's nice to know that if I lose something at Disney, the chances of getting it back are pretty high. You know, unless some random person scoops it first.:rolleyes:

Yes, it is heartwarming to read these stories of honest people turning in lost items. Sadly, it doesn't happen 100% of the time so be careful with your stuff out there, everybody.

Fable McCloud

I've never lost anything at any park, but I'm glad that Disney's on top of their game. Six Flags...man. I had to come back after the park closed, fill out two forms and then get quizzed on what my wallet looked like and what was in it. Never mind the fact that my driver's License with my picture was in it...whatever.:brick:

fosse76

I've never lost anything at any park, but I'm glad that Disney's on top of their game. Six Flags...man. I had to come back after the park closed, fill out two forms and then get quizzed on what my wallet looked like and what was in it. Never mind the fact that my driver's License with my picture was in it...whatever.:brick:

First, it is much easier to find which wallet is yours without having to open and look through however many wallets they may have. What if they had 200 wallets...you expect them to go through every single one looking for yours? A description can eliminate half, if not more, of them!

Second, the park has no way of knowing WHEN something will be turned in, so guests were ALWAYS advised to check after closing. Six Flags does not close rides to retrieve lost items (with few exceptions), since it would be a huge inconvenience to hundreds of guests. Employees aren't allowed in ride areas during operation, so they don't sweep for lost items until the end of the day. And even then, they only go on an evening track walk IF they are informed that there is a lost item. Which I like. I was extremely annoyed that DLR closed Indiana Jones for 15 minutes to retrieve someone's hat.

Disney, being open every day, has the luxury of being able to have enough employees available to return found items quickly. Six Flags, being seasonal, has staffing shortages.

Pioneer Hall

First, it is much easier to find which wallet is yours without having to open and look through however many wallets they may have. What if they had 200 wallets...you expect them to go through every single one looking for yours? A description can eliminate half, if not more, of them!

Second, the park has no way of knowing WHEN something will be turned in, so guests were ALWAYS advised to check after closing. Six Flags does not close rides to retrieve lost items (with few exceptions), since it would be a huge inconvenience to hundreds of guests. Employees aren't allowed in ride areas during operation, so they don't sweep for lost items until the end of the day. And even then, they only go on an evening track walk IF they are informed that there is a lost item. Which I like. I was extremely annoyed that DLR closed Indiana Jones for 15 minutes to retrieve someone's hat.

Disney, being open every day, has the luxury of being able to have enough employees available to return found items quickly. Six Flags, being seasonal, has staffing shortages.

I'm pretty sure that Disney doesn't sweep for missing items until after the attraction is closed for the day. Imagine how many times a day they would have to close roller coasters in order to find missing objects.

MKCP 1985

I'm pretty sure that Disney doesn't sweep for missing items until after the attraction is closed for the day. Imagine how many times a day they would have to close roller coasters in order to find missing objects.

:mad:

My niece had her backpack go overboard on Space Mountain this past spring break and it was never returned to her despite diligent efforts to secure its return - immediate reporting, going to City Hall, calling lost and found daily for several days and even sending a letter after returning home.

So disappointing. :(

tink282010

Original Poster
We luckily had a good idea where lost and found was and double checked with a cm this afternoon. We went and I had my ID and everything back in tact by about 5pm. Everything was there, thank god.

Disney definitely made me feel comfortable that I would get my ID back (meaning last night, with talking to some of the cm's). This morning, hearing that they did have it just made me feel so much more confident in them. I have had some bad experiences (including on this trip we are currently on, actually), so my faith in Disney hasn't been all that great. But this definitely helped. I was told last night by a cm in city hall that it was extremely likely that I would get my ID back today and it was such a relief to know that it was true.

I am definitely glad to know that Disney goes to great lengths to retrieve lost items (especially items as important as a drivers license).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom