Magic Kingdom Looks Its Age

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
There have been broken light bulbs for over thirty years. Moreover, rip away the "political" motivations of the people telling it and that "story" becomes dismaying specifically because it is outlining a practice whereby the parks engaged in the deliberate generation of waste, something which doesn't make sense in the context of the environmental consciousness of eliminating single-use plastic. Even if people are going to rivet rose-colored glasses for the past on their faces, it is still a good idea to try to express that bias acknowledging how ethics have advanced over time.

Or it's not their ethics or ideology that's being followed. "Dead Walts" abound with supposition and irrelevance of the here and now realities of doing business.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Or it's not their ethics or ideology that's being followed. "Dead Walts" abound with supposition and irrelevance of the here and now realities of doing business.

The other Disney parks do a better job of looking after their rides while still running a business and satisfying customers.

The idea that WDW can't for some vague "cost of doing business" reason when they charge the most for admission and have high attendance is total nonsense.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Nope, public forum and you're not Steve or The Mom.

He just tried to politicize preventative maintenance in an effort to derail and end a discussion.

He does not post in good faith, he does not contribute to discussions. He is not worth responding to and getting threads off topic.

I can't force others not to post, but I can still make the request not to engage with a certain poster(s).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Is there a dropbox at City Hall? I feel like I need to print this out and drop it in the box on my next visit. This sums up how I feel about the current conditions of MK perfectly. Rose-colored nostalgia goggles only work for so long. Eventually you start to see the flaws, cracks and garbage that litter the park. Magic Kingdom needs some TLC to bring it back up to it's own standards.
Email it to WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com or block quote it into their online question form.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
He just tried to politicize preventative maintenance in an effort to derail and end a discussion.

He does not post in good faith, he does not contribute to discussions. He is not worth responding to and getting threads off topic.

I can't force others not to post, but I can still make the request not to engage with a certain poster(s).
Prats are going to prattle....

thomas998

What that actually sums up is that there are many people that still do not have cell phones. The world doesn't revolve around those that Apple has sucked into the grid. It is hard to imagine people actually ignoring technology in a Disney park, but not impossible.
The real question is how much do they charge for the pay phone. If it is 35 cents or less then clearly someone has just ignored them, if it is 1 dollar or more then they are there for a reason

bUU

Or it's not their ethics or ideology that's being followed.
Rest assured that any reasonable person would stop discarding working light bulbs long before they'd stop using plastic straws.

Nonsense. You just don't like what I post and have no legitimate rebuttal so instead post personal attacks.

Having said that, I agree with you that people who don't have legitimate responses shouldn't post replies... not even back-handed illegitimate replies like yours.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Rest assured that any reasonable person would stop discarding working light bulbs long before they'd stop using plastic straws.

Nonsense. You just don't like what I post and have no legitimate rebuttal so instead post personal attacks.

Having said that, I agree with you that people who don't have legitimate responses shouldn't post replies... not even back-handed illegitimate replies like yours.
Playing the victim card again. Or, merely proving their point. Either way, more b#ll#cks....

lazyboy97o

Someone should take a camera on a QC walk through the park and post the pics for all to see. A pic of a building with a third of the popcorn lights out is worth a thousand words.

Then @bUU can explain how that is acceptable show quality when it looks more like a mall parking lot carnival.
It’s been done before and there are always excuses. Be it the classic “Disney is a business,” to claims that lighting design is not really a thing or, my favorite, that the building code prohibits the lights on The Grand Floridian from being replaced.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Someone should take a camera on a QC walk through the park and post the pics for all to see. A pic of a building with a third of the popcorn lights out is worth a thousand words.

Then @bUU can explain how that is acceptable show quality when it looks more like a mall parking lot carnival.
One of those bloggers who shall not be mentioned by name here does that on occasion... but he has to dance around the worst parts lest WDW retaliate.

And I'm not joshing...

Raineman

That's because they use WDW as their ATM.
I think that's a point that does not come up often enough on here. How much of the $$ that WDW makes is funneled back into it, and how much is re-distributed to the "hallowed grounds" of DL? I'm not saying that lack of funds is the main cause of poor show at WDW, but it's gotta be a factor. WDW is the cash cow of the Disney theme park division, and it seems as if not enough of the $$ it generates is reinvested in it.

Joebradley62

It's truly stunning how the most expensive, most visited Disney resort in the world is easily in the worst maintenance condition of all the parks right now.

The Asian parks absolutely shine. Everything is in fantastic shape, even in perpetually money-starved Hong Kong.

Tokyo Disneyland offers the most direct comparison, as much of the park borrows heavily from Magic Kingdom. The park looks like it opened yesterday, with every effect working in every attraction, all attractions are regularly refurbed, and there is never a shortage of staff. It makes the shortcomings of MK all the more obvious.

Disneyland isn't quite at that level, but the attractions are regularly refurbished and there are still clearly people there that care about maintenance and the guest experience.

I can't speak of Paris now, but I've heard nothing but glowing things recently. And when their parks were in rough shape, they were experiencing legitimate financial issues.

No excuse for WDW to operate in the sorry state it does right now.
I imagine the Florida union maintenance guy costs way more than his Japanese equivalent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom