Magic Kingdom looking Ugly! :(

yensid67

From the OP, I agree the walls ARE ugly to an extent...why can't they get all painted like the ones in DCA? They have bright colors and Characters and posters up of the new area behind the wall! What better way to get our curiosity up with a teaser on the contruction walls!?
BUT I will say I know they are needed whenever construction is done to hide the not so magic construction going on behind the walls! Think of how you would feel if you saw the construction in full view of such a magical place as Disney World or Land for that matter! TI think the walls keep our interest and makes us always wonder what will it be like when the walls are finally gone!
So, fret not 2-3 years will go just like that!(snaps fingers) Until then, if you have a problem in Fantasyland, go and enjoy the rest of the park!

Have a Magical Day!
Will:wave:

Rob562

From the OP, I agree the walls ARE ugly to an extent...why can't they get all painted like the ones in DCA? They have bright colors and Characters and posters up of the new area behind the wall! What better way to get our curiosity up with a teaser on the contruction walls!?

Jeez, they just put up over 750 feet of walls in one night, including wired lights all along the length. Give 'em a few days to spruce them up. :)

Or, as I supposed in the thread in the Fantasyland Expansion forum, as these walls are only reported to be up for a month, we may either see landscaped earthen berms built behind these walls after the necessary demolition is done, or fully-themed construction walls like the one that was in front of Haunted Mansion for three months a few summers ago. (The HM started as a plain construction wall, but within a few days we got a themed one)

-Rob

lazyboy97o

BUT I will say I know they are needed whenever construction is done to hide the not so magic construction going on behind the walls! Think of how you would feel if you saw the construction in full view of such a magical place as Disney World or Land for that matter! TI think the walls keep our interest and makes us always wonder what will it be like when the walls are finally gone!
So, fret not 2-3 years will go just like that!(snaps fingers) Until then, if you have a problem in Fantasyland, go and enjoy the rest of the park!

Have a Magical Day!
Will:wave:
At the Disneyland Resort, and more specifically Disney's California Adventure, the walls seem to be more about safety, creating a true barrier between guests and construction. The walls do little to hide much of the construction. Paradise Bay could have been surrounded by walls, but it was not, leaving the World of Color construction out in the open. The Blue Sky Cellar even recently received a small update, official construction photos taken from within the walls It is a shame that so many who visit Walt Disney World see these walls as a negative.

sponono88

At the Disneyland Resort, and more specifically Disney's California Adventure, the walls seem to be more about safety, creating a true barrier between guests and construction. The walls do little to hide much of the construction. Paradise Bay could have been surrounded by walls, but it was not, leaving the World of Color construction out in the open. The Blue Sky Cellar even recently received a small update, official construction photos taken from within the walls It is a shame that so many who visit Walt Disney World see these walls as a negative.

Right, WDI recently updated the Blue Sky Cellar with several pictures that give a preview of "what's happening behind the fences."

IMG_4763.jpg

and for those who don't know what the DCA walls look like - here's a sampling of a few them. hopefully we will see something similar at the MK to make them nice to look at :)

WoCWall.jpg

TLMwall.jpg

TLMWall2.jpg

DCAWall.jpg

SSSWall.jpg

TRONorail10

WOW! Everyone gets on here and complains about WDW not building anything new, and the second they start construction on the largest in-park expansion, you go and compain about it! You people are idiots, Disney has been shelving millions and millions of dollars for this project for years, and i am more than excited for the end result. i've always stated that the magic never leaves, people stop believing in the magic themselves. if u wanna sit there and complain about a piece of wood, go to six flags or something.

Erin_Akey

The construction and walls shouldn't bother us, but make us fans excited for what will be there to enjoy AFTER they come down! I am EXCITED!!!!

LoriMistress

Right, WDI recently updated the Blue Sky Cellar with several pictures that give a preview of "what's happening behind the fences."

IMG_4763.jpg

and for those who don't know what the DCA walls look like - here's a sampling of a few them. hopefully we will see something similar at the MK to make them nice to look at :)

WoCWall.jpg

TLMwall.jpg

TLMWall2.jpg

DCAWall.jpg

SSSWall.jpg

Yup, I saw these signs/fences/construction walls everywhere at DCA in November last year. I didn't mind it too much. At certain parts of the park, you can actually look over the construction walls and see what they're doing.

Tigerace81

I seem to go everytime there is a big project being built but they dont really look that bad. The worst was a Crane back in 2006 for the castle painting. The walls themseleves seem to have gotten better now also since I was last at the parks. They typicaly blend into the area sort of.

WDW-Crazy

Wow, that's the first time I've ever seen Disney put a lot of effort into their construction walls. Perhaps when construction for the new Fantasyland goes into full swing, the Magic Kingdom will do something similar.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Wow, that's the first time I've ever seen Disney put a lot of effort into their construction walls. Perhaps when construction for the new Fantasyland goes into full swing, the Magic Kingdom will do something similar.

You haven't been keeping up with the remodeling scrims that they have been using lately?

Much better than your typical walls.

Craig & Lisa

personally, I like the painted tarps, at least they aren't high scafolding covering the building where everybody can see them, and because they paint the tarps it keeps it looking good, clean, and neat

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom