Magic Kingdom Live Cam

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It's a 20min file so I just have it playing straight though. I am focusing on keeping my DLR streams up 3 just ended on my end.
They are having all sorts of issues there...

I am not impressed. I'd love to know who set them up though, if this was a contract gig like WDW or if it was internal Disney IT...

Gringrinngghost

They are having all sorts of issues there...

I am not impressed. I'd love to know who set them up though, if this was a contract gig like WDW or if it was internal Disney IT...
Firstly, I think they are testing which service provider is better. WDW is running though Akamai and DLR is on streamcloud. Also All DLR's cam's are pure 720p with a max bitrate of 50mbps where as WDW max is 750kbps and is able to be streamed at lower bitrates.

Cesar R M

Firstly, I think they are testing which service provider is better. WDW is running though Akamai and DLR is on streamcloud. Also All DLR's cam's are pure 720p with a max bitrate of 50mbps where as WDW max is 750kbps and is able to be streamed at lower bitrates.
for having such a robust network as akamai, I'm surprised they only throw 750kbps.
seems everything is lower budgeted in WDW lol.. even IT.

btw, the WDW main cam in the train station is skipping approximately every 1 minute.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ding ding ding. Nice info! Thanks!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As a side note, WDW is running through a third party contract...if they have the same setup as last year. I dug through their setup last year to track it down. No inclination to dig through their source code again (though it wouldn't be hard...) to see if it's the same, but I suspect it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom