News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1594762960066.png

nyrebel3

I posted this in the DHS thread but is is relevant here too. We don’t have any ride photos from MK yesterday.

Just a FYI - seems if you take your mask off for a ride photo, it will get deleted. We are having trouble with getting the ride photos and when we asked they said they were manually reviewing each photo for mask compliance. Makes me think of Splash Mountain years ago.

disneygeek90

I posted this in the DHS thread but is is relevant here too. We don’t have any ride photos from MK yesterday.

Just a FYI - seems if you take your mask off for a ride photo, it will get deleted. We are having trouble with getting the ride photos and when we asked they said they were manually reviewing each photo for mask compliance. Makes me think of Splash Mountain years ago.
Why don't you have any photos? Did you take your mask off?

techgeek

I can understand the desire to have pictures without a mask on, and I can see the safety issue with allowing it...

Maybe Disney could come up with a managed photo 'zone' somewhere where Photopass (are they even out / back yet?) photogs could take your picture in front of the castle without a mask... socially distanced, of course. Or something.

nyrebel3

No. We had ours on. They are holding all of the ride photos until they can perform a manual review. We thought there was a problem with our magic bands. Earlier today we went to the photo guest relations and had them associate the pics with our account. When we went back this afternoon because they still weren’t showing up in our account we were told that all photos are under review.

nyrebel3

I can understand the desire to have pictures without a mask on, and I can see the safety issue with allowing it...

Maybe Disney could come up with a managed photo 'zone' somewhere where Photopass (are they even out / back yet?) photogs could take your picture in front of the castle without a mask... socially distanced, of course. Or something.
I understand Disney’s point. It is 100% mask compliance except when eating. If you start increasing exceptions then it becomes harder to enforce. So far I have seen 100% mask usage and have not seen a case where a cast member needed to address anything. I did see a neck gaitor worn at the Riviera but none in the parks.

joup7

No. We had ours on. They are holding all of the ride photos until they can perform a manual review. We thought there was a problem with our magic bands. Earlier today we went to the photo guest relations and had them associate the pics with our account. When we went back this afternoon because they still weren’t showing up in our account we were told that all photos are under review.
That explains why I have a lot of ride photos I should be getting but only have gotten splash mountain from last Friday so far.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member

That explains why I have a lot of ride photos I should be getting but only have gotten splash mountain from last Friday so far.

Also, posted in DHS thread and also relevant here:

They are definitely reviewing ride photos manually to avoid any unmasked shots getting out into the public. We are expecting ride photos to show up 5+ days after they are taken. Ride capacity for the 13 total rides that offer photos is about 20,000 people per hour, photos range from 2 persons (Buzz) to 20+ persons (Tower of Terror), so I'd estimate that we are talking about at least 3,000 photos per hour. Even though rides are running at reduced capacity, the cameras have not been reprogrammed to only shoot when people are onboard. That's quite a few pictures to be looking through with very close attention to detail (especially since many masks are made to look like actual mouths). I'll be impressed if ride pictures are even showing up within a week of being taken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom