News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

SilentWindODoom

Saw the video and delved down in the comments before I realized I should come here and see if there was any discussion.

According to the guy recording the video, the family's younger child started running into the street towards Merida. The father managed to grab the child, but the balloon slipped from their grasp, the forward momentum carrying it forward. That's what the father is doing, although without this context, it really does look like he crouches down and tosses that thing like a skipped stone.

thomas998

Judging from the photos, I don't think Disney will remain open much longer. I don't see how they could make a profit with such limited crowds and yet having that many CM's to pay. If crowds don't increase they will realize they are losing money and have to shut down again.

FutureCEO

Saw the video and delved down in the comments before I realized I should come here and see if there was any discussion.

According to the guy recording the video, the family's younger child started running into the street towards Merida. The father managed to grab the child, but the balloon slipped from their grasp, the forward momentum carrying it forward. That's what the father is doing, although without this context, it really does look like he crouches down and tosses that thing like a skipped stone.

Banned for life for attempted murder. Well, she could have fell and cracked her head. Horse could have trampled people. Guests would be scarred for life.

Last edited:

Bob Harlem

Judging from the photos, I don't think Disney will remain open much longer. I don't see how they could make a profit with such limited crowds and yet having that many CM's to pay. If crowds don't increase they will realize they are losing money and have to shut down again.

Closing and reopening again would be more expensive, it's the "you must start from somewhere" approach, the flipside is if it goes well more guests return much more quickly than waiting. (Although depends also on the cases and/or case severity declining too) The current situation of cases being way up but severity being lower is mixed, both have to be good for it to return more toward normal. It'll be slow for a while though.

icc2515

Heading over to yhe MK. Doors to Grand Floridian with social distancing signs on each side.
20200712_085924.jpg

GF lobby
20200712_090055.jpg

Monorail barriers
20200712_090947.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom