News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

mickeymiss

In the last month I have been to a local zoo, a few restaurants, Busch gardens, sea world, Disney springs, universal citywalk, and my Publix a lot. And I went to the passholder preview yesterday.

Yesterday at magic kingdom was definitely overall where I felt the safest. The hand sanitizer was Touchless. Staff was watching for mask compliance but it didn’t matter because everybody was compliant. People were doing their best to stay apart in lines.

Was there a few momentary lapses? Yes but I’m not gonna say them and draw attention to the negative. If we are going to freak out because of a minor lapse here or there and demand the closure of Disney World, then we gotta close everything. A month ago I was at Publix. I put the divider on the checkout conveyer with some space after the end of my food. The next guy comes up, moves it and his stuff right next to mine. Not wearing a mask (before it was mandatory) and stands near me. If we are going to demand the closure of Disney World because of these few images, then we gotta close Publix. We gotta close Walmart. We gotta close Home Depot. No more walks in the park, I’ve seen lapses there. We gotta shut everything down. And I mean everything.

We aren’t going to shut everything down. These things happen. Overall things at magic kingdom yesterday looked as safe as anything I’ve seen elsewhere, if not better. They did a great job preparing the park. They will learn from lapses and improve them.

Thank you for sharing. I love to hear positive stories. I agree that Disney seems to be going way above and beyond. We go in August (fingers crossed they are still open by then). I wouldn't go if I felt like Disney wasn't taking it seriously and they are.

Touchdown

Amazing how Disney is held to an entirely different standard regarding COVID then any other theme park, yet they seem to have done the most in terms of measures. No one is coming after Comcast, Seaworld, or Legoland.

and as far as I’ve seen, Seaworld and Busch Gardens is a crap show when it comes to people following the rules.

Very interesting.

Its Good to be the King

No wait

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

tissandtully

I'd like to know as well. I haven't had a physical card in years, I just use the magic band. So should I go to guest relations and get one?

Side note ...

And back to my earlier posts: SORRY YA'LL. I did overreact a bit. I do apologize! Context is everything and I had to remind myself it was entry time and that was a poorly managed line at GR. I apologize! The crowds do look very reasonable, I feel better about it.
I read some APs had issues but it was mostly for guests who just had barcodes on their phones that were having to go to wait in line for GR. Apparently DAK didn’t have same issue so not sure was going on at MK

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1594508941675.png

doctornick

Is the POTC game running? I did not see it on the list of open things - while SOTMK was open - and that kind of surprised me. If it’s not open, is it because a few of the locations are indoors?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom