Magic kingdom Games

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
I have seen many magic kingdom version games at walt disney world/ resorts/downtown disney. we had bought my daughter disney candyland awhile ago and this trip we bought her stitch trouble both under 20.00 we also had bought disney monolpoly awhile back. but this time i saw a few we really wanted : clue haunted mansion. Pirates life and magic kingdom board game. All between 30-60 dollars. But to my delightful suprise yesterday at toysrus I found the haunted mansion clue (only difference is didnt come in a tin only a box) 25.00 and then the magic kingdom game for 19.99 exactly the same!

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
loooked like a game board with the different areas of the magic kingdom. not sure any specifics we havent played it yet.

New2WDW

Magic Kingdom Game

This past Christmas :xmas: I was looking for something that we could play as a family and I purchased the MKgame and we have enjoyed it very much! My 7 yr old girl plays very well but my 4 yr old girl does not quite understand "strategy" yet, but she still likes it.

The games is a layout of the MK park with numbered attractions and cards to match. You deal out a card to each player from each land (Fantasyland, Adventureland, etc..) and you try to visit each attraction that you have and get back to the entrance before the other players. You do not let the other players know what attraction you have, they only see the color location. If you role a certain number you get an event card and this is a card that gives you extra spaces, a fast pass, etc. or you can even cause other players to have to move to other places in the park. It is a lot of fun for us. I believe I bought it at Toys R Us for $25 - $30.

We have played it so much that we now deal a bunch of cards each instead of just 4 or 5 and try to finish the game that way. The only bad thing I noticed is that it is using the Disneyland Park and not Walt Disney World.

tink38

I saw the Magic Kingdom game for sale just this morning on the internet and they were asking 67.00!!!!:eek: Geez, is it time to leave work yet so I can go to Toys R Us??? :sohappy:

SpenceMan01

New2WDW said:
The only bad thing I noticed is that it is using the Disneyland Park and not Walt Disney World.

There was a thread on this a while back and we figured out that they've "melted" both parks into the game in order to be able to sell it at both parks. It's the WDW layout with Sleeping Beauty Castle and some other things from DL.

SewIn2Disney

They used to have a Disneyland game back in the 80's called "The Disneyland Game" or something like that. It was completly Disneyland oriented, (and they even made one mistake...The picture of Sleeping Beauty Castle is labled Cinderella Castle.) I have been looking for a Magic Kingdom game for some time now, and can't seem to find that one in stock anywhere! I guess I'll have to keep checking Amazon.
Is the magic kingdom game found outside of Disney the same as the one found inside disney? I.E Should I wait till we go, or find one at home (Cheaper!)

Tigggrl

We have the original Fantasyland game from the 50's, the Disneyland game from the 80's, the Sleeping Beauty game from the 50's, the new MK game, the trivia games, and I believe I have the add on packs for those too...not to mention several computer and ps2 games....I LOVE finding these at Antique stores and on Ebay:)

nikimsu2002

My aunt and uncle were down in WDW this fall and got me and my brother mini-board games on keychains. I got Disney Candyland and he got Disney Monopoly. They're fun but I'd rather have the larger versions.

I also have the Disney Scene It Game. I love that game! Its so much fune!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you like Disney trivia, you will really like Scene it - disney version. It comes with an DVD that you use for certain questions. Very very fun game....

sdguy1234

Account Suspended
At toysrus, I saw the Haunted Mansion game IN THE TIN!!!. Also, the magic kingdom game is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. It completely mixes element from both parks, which for me, ruins the game board. Who want a disney world layout with a sleeping beauty castle? Also, There are many games from the early years. One of the coolest is Disney's The Monorail Game. I have seen Walt's Disney Frotierland Game at an antique store, too.

MonoRon

I bought the Magic Kingdom game back for Christmas for $20.00 off the internet. It's actually a lot of fun, I ended up buying another one for my family.

tink38

Fyi

I went to Toys R Us last night and got the MK game for 19.99. They also had the Haunted Mansion Clue and the Disney version of Life.

I'm kind of a "game snob" - generally we get more abstract strategy games to play with the kids - Quoridor, Blokus, Gobblet (off-topic, but if you've never heard of them, they're all great games for adults as well as six-year-olds, by the way - fun, very easy to learn, lots of strategy).

Despite my game snobbery, we got the Magic Kingdom game for the kids for Christmas (since we're going to WDW in March). And I have to say, I've been pleasantly surprised. It's actually pretty fun. There's some strategy, some luck - it keeps an adult occupied, but a six-year-old can still win. And who can argue with the Magic Kingdom theme?

If you don't know the rules, here they are:
1) The map basically looks like the WDW Magic Kingdom.
2) You draw five "attraction" cards - one from each land. These are the attractions you have to visit.
3) You move by rolling a regular die. If you're at a railroad station, you can roll the railroad die instead - if you roll the RR sign (on half the sides), you can instantly move to another railroad station.
4) If you roll a 1 or a 2, you get to draw an "event card." The event card can be anything from "take another turn" to "move 6 extra spaces" to "move another player to another spot on the board", but it's always a good thing for you or a bad thing for another player.
5) If you land on the Mickey or Donald pieces, you get their autograph (and move them to another space on the board). You can use the autograph to "cancel out" another player's event card.
6) First person to visit all their attractions then leave wins.

In my experience, the game is almost always very close at the end, which is fun and exciting. My daughter and I sometimes pick ten (or even fifteen) attraction cards to make the game last longer...

To top it off, kids learn about linear optimization at the same time - the game is basically the classic "traveling salesperson" problem. If only they could add queuing theory, then the game would basically be an excellent introduction to "Line Avoidance at Disney 101" :)

arcsbite

When we went Dec 03, we bought Haunted Mansion Clue and Disney Monopoly Theme Park edition, which I LOVE, the only problem was that the tins were scanned through the airport on the way back to the uk and so someone went through our bags

This year we bought Pirates Game of Life, which took us about 2 hours to work out then 20 mins to play :brick:

I adore the theme park monopoly..If I can't be at Disney..I'll sette for owning parts of it :sohappy:

We also have some that I'm note sure are/are not available in the US
We got Trivial Pursuit Disney edition, and the updated edition, and we have "name that song"
it's a cute game, it's a boardgame but it comes with a little radio shaped like mickey ears, and you roll the dice, press a button and it plays part of a disney song, and you have to guess what it is before the time runs out, very fun.

We don't have Scene it, which looks so amazing, and would be my next addition if I could find it in the UK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom